Winnipeg and Artic Buses

WpgBusDriver

On 1/2/2020 at 12:25 PM, Taylorover9001 said:

The 60 and 160 have had 60 foot buses on them for a long time now (but still get an occasional 40 foot bus for no reason).

The reason I mention this is that Boxing Day service is a Sunday schedule. Wasn't expecting the 160 to have artics on Boxing Day.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, vivablue5215 said:

I've noticed 979 parked outside FRG (behind the fishbowl) for a few weeks now. Is it out for long term repairs or retired?

Not too sure what’s going on, as far as I can tell the farebox is still inside which means it’s not retired yet, but considering 975 and 987 took a while to come back into service I would assume it’s being worked on 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Sorry, say that last one again?!

I spotted an artic heading down Carlton today I thought it was a 183 considering I’ve seen artics on there before but then I bus texted it it was actually on the 137/75

43 minutes ago, Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang said:

I spotted an artic heading down Carlton today I thought it was a 183 considering I’ve seen artics on there before but then I bus texted it it was actually on the 137/75

An artic on the 75????? That’s awesome if true (even though almost NONE of the Bishop Grandin stops can handle them without hanging out into the intersection)

• 2 months later...

Noticed the last couple of times that I have biked past the Fort Rouge Garage on Osborne that there is a D60LF parked along the fence with various parts missing. It doesn't have a fleet number but has a license plate. Looks to be one of the ex-OC Transpo (Ottawa) units judging by the decals.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

Noticed the last couple of times that I have biked past the Fort Rouge Garage on Osborne that there is a D60LF parked along the fence with various parts missing. It doesn't have a fleet number but has a license plate. Looks to be one of the ex-OC Transpo (Ottawa) units judging by the decals.

I saw that too. I think it's Ottawa 6316 / Winnipeg 980. It was never completed as a Winnipeg bus and instead was cannibalized for parts. It sat inside Fort Rouge Garage on track 36 for a long time. It was probably moved to permit asbestos remediation underway along the east side of FRG.

5 hours ago, Viafreak said:

It is 980. Used as a parts bus.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While lurking the SkyscraperPage forum I noticed someone bring up that they apparently saw a XD60 doing a 48 run on Thursday. At first I was gonna call BS and ask if someone here saw that happening but then I remembered I've got a camera pointing out into my backyard, and lo and behold...it happened on one of the AM runs.

Should also add that apparently it deadheads afterwards to St. Anne's/Shorehill and does one inbound 59 run.

Edit: I guess this is a regular occurrence that I wasn't aware of because it happened again today. I think I know what I'm doing Monday for posterity before the schedule change hits.

57 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

While lurking the SkyscraperPage forum I noticed someone bring up that they apparently saw a XD60 doing a 48 run on Thursday. At first I was gonna call BS and ask if someone here saw that happening but then I remembered I've got a camera pointing out into my backyard, and lo and behold...it happened on one of the AM runs.

Should also add that apparently it deadheads afterwards to St. Anne's/Shorehill and does one inbound 59 run.

Edit: I guess this is a regular occurrence that I wasn't aware of because it happened again today. I think I know what I'm doing Monday for posterity before the schedule change hits.

Yes. Since we've been doing the enhanced Saturday schedule. It's been normal to see a artic on the 48/59 another one in the am was a 59/40

• 6 months later...

What are these 99xx series buses about? The video was posted 1 month ago, but I know that the OC Transpo buses were bought in 2012. The 40 footers  are from Calgary?

And I dont think the video was from 2020  because no one was wearing masks. haha

5 hours ago, LilZebra said:

What are these 99xx series buses about? The video was posted 1 month ago, but I know that the OC Transpo buses were bought in 2012. The 40 footers  are from Calgary?

And I dont think the video was from 2020  because no one was wearing masks. haha

In general 9xxx buses are non revenue buses, that D30lf is ex 914 and is often used as the surveillance camera outside FRG, the rest are 1999 D40lfs currently used as training buses. You can find information about them on the wiki

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LilZebra said:

And I don't think the video was from 2020  because no one was wearing masks. haha

The 9xxx buses have been around for quite some time, and as mentioned above, are no longer in service. Remove the first 9, and you get the original number (for example, 9425 would've originally been 425). The Calgary buses, as every veteran of this site should know by now, are 641 to 664.