Beaver Bus Lines

BusRider

Beaver Bus Lines still use a lot of MCI buses. No word yet on the bus driver, they say he passed out. Beaver also has a lot of retired WTS drivers so I hope he's going to be OK, but I would think his bus driving days are over. His class 2 and maybe even his class 5 will be pulled.

I know of only the MCIs and an RTS. Thats all I've seen though. Wonder where that Orion and NFI went...

So I have a general question about CPTdb organization...

There is a long-standing existing Beaver Bus Lines thread here under "General Motorcoach Discussion" and now this one under "Western Canada Transit Discussion / Manitoba". Much like Beav' themselves there's kind of a split personality to the discussion... the Selkirk run and the SJR work are kind of transit-y but Beaver is the largest Manitoba-based charter motorcoach fleet. Should we keep both threads, or ask them to be merged. And if we merge them should the result be under "General Motorcoach Discussion" or under "Western Canada Transit Discussion / Manitoba"?

P.S. my favourite nickname for Beaver's charter fleet is "The Jelly Bean Fleet" since they're every colour in the jelly bean bowl.

So I have a general question about CPTdb organization...

There is a long-standing existing Beaver Bus Lines thread here under "General Motorcoach Discussion" and now this one under "Western Canada Transit Discussion / Manitoba". Much like Beav' themselves there's kind of a split personality to the discussion... the Selkirk run and the SJR work are kind of transit-y but Beaver is the largest Manitoba-based charter motorcoach fleet. Should we keep both threads, or ask them to be merged. And if we merge them should the result be under "General Motorcoach Discussion" or under "Western Canada Transit Discussion / Manitoba"?

P.S. my favourite nickname for Beaver's charter fleet is "The Jelly Bean Fleet" since they're every colour in the jelly bean bowl.

And every bus! NFI, GM fishbowls, MCI classics and RTS, Prevost, Orion

I know of only the MCIs and an RTS. Thats all I've seen though. Wonder where that Orion and NFI went...

Again... The info about Beaver Bus Lines has been posted here: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=57...t=0&start=0 - in the General Motorcoach Discussion of this board.

I believe both threads should be kept, but maybe moving the Commuter and SJR related posts to this one and leaving the charter / tour coach posts in the General Motorcoach Discussion thread. Maybe we could have this thread renamed to the "Beaver Bus Lines - Selkirk Commuter & SJR Discussion" And have the Beaver Bus Lines in the General Motorcoach Discussion renamed to "Beaver Bus Lines - Charter / Tour fleet discussuion".

• 2 weeks later...
Again... The info about Beaver Bus Lines has been posted here: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=57...t=0&start=0 - in the General Motorcoach Discussion of this board.I believe both threads should be kept, but maybe moving the Commuter and SJR related posts to this one and leaving the charter / tour coach posts in the General Motorcoach Discussion thread. Maybe we could have this thread renamed to the "Beaver Bus Lines - Selkirk Commuter & SJR Discussion" And have the Beaver Bus Lines in the General Motorcoach Discussion renamed to "Beaver Bus Lines - Charter / Tour fleet discussuion".

That is a good call and it keeps things easy and simple.

Again... The info about Beaver Bus Lines has been posted here: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=57...t=0&start=0 - in the General Motorcoach Discussion of this board.I believe both threads should be kept, but maybe moving the Commuter and SJR related posts to this one and leaving the charter / tour coach posts in the General Motorcoach Discussion thread. Maybe we could have this thread renamed to the "Beaver Bus Lines - Selkirk Commuter & SJR Discussion" And have the Beaver Bus Lines in the General Motorcoach Discussion renamed to "Beaver Bus Lines - Charter / Tour fleet discussuion".

Yeah, that works for me. (I think the only thing better would be to link a single discussion under both categories, if that was possible.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Tonight I've got a picture of

Wait for it...

THE ORION V DOING ITS RUN! Confused it for an D40 til I saw the slanted windshield and the livery. Anyways:

406560_293675587335508_100000792081288_743752_2007449728_n.jpg

NOTE, D40i behind Orion V

are they numbered 63 to 65? Can't see it clearly from the photo but thank you for sharing! It seems they have a "new" scheme which looks different from the rest of the fleet!

Probably just to cover up the go green cost effectively.

that doesn't seem to be their usual way of treating their used buses............plus the fact that they have good maintenance on their buses! And i don't see a point for them of repainting one of the Vs while just wrap the old scheme over for the other 2........