Beaver Bus Lines

BusRider

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, 55 minutes? And fares seem quite high

I don't believe Beaver Bus commuter runs are funded by municipalities, Winnipeg, or Slekirk. They would be charging enough to at least cover the cost of running the buses, paying the drivers as well as try and make a profit. I could be wrong on the funding though. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

I don't believe Beaver Bus commuter runs are funded by municipalities, Winnipeg, or Slekirk. They would be charging enough to at least cover the cost of running the buses, paying the drivers as well as try and make a profit. I could be wrong on the funding though. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

The Selkirk service operated by Beaver Bus Lines is operated without any financial support by any municipalities or the provincial government. It operates through the Cities of Selkirk and Winnipeg, and the Rural Municipalities of St. Andrews and West St. Paul. I believe St. Andrews and West St. Paul provide a few home-made plywood and two-by-four bus stop shelters at municipal expense. The generic "bus stop" signs on Main Street in Selkirk were probably installed at municipal expense too.

The Selkirk service operated by Beaver Bus Lines is operated without any financial support by any municipalities or the provincial government. It operates through the Cities of Selkirk and Winnipeg, and the Rural Municipalities of St. Andrews and West St. Paul. I believe St. Andrews and West St. Paul provide a few home-made plywood and two-by-four bus stop shelters at municipal expense. The generic "bus stop" signs on Main Street in Selkirk were probably installed at municipal expense too.

Thanks! This is pretty much what I thought was the case. Also, anytime I have ridden the Selkirk commuter during off peak times, ridership has been very low. Those runs have got to be loosing money each trip. But I would suspect that the rush hour trips do well enough to help pay for those off peak trips.

• 2 weeks later...

If someone wants to update the wiki I was able to get info on the GO fleet numbers of Beaver's new buses:

GO Transit #2003 = BBL # (no number assigned yet)

GO Transit #2004 = BBL # (no number assigned yet)

GO Transit #2005 = BBL #64

GO Transit #2006 = BBL #65

GO Transit #2007 = BBL #63

If someone wants to update the wiki I was able to get info on the GO fleet numbers of Beaver's new buses:

GO Transit #2003 = BBL # (no number assigned yet)

GO Transit #2004 = BBL # (no number assigned yet)

GO Transit #2005 = BBL #64

GO Transit #2006 = BBL #65

GO Transit #2007 = BBL #63

wow they got 5 in total? Thanks for your update btw!

I tried to get a picture of 64, but the driver (when I went by it returning to Selkirk) didn't seem happy with his hand motions...

who cares what the driver says or doess. As long as your on public property they legally cant do anything. Just ignore them

who cares what the driver says or doess. As long as your on public property they legally cant do anything. Just ignore them

True, although if that driver happens to be driving at 2:30 am and have it "not-in-service" heading back to the garage and i'm waiting at the stoop, i might get recongnized and ignored :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Spotted unknown BBL New Look (38 or 40?) turning from my home street (Ferry) onto Portage. St. Johns school run, as I saw the Orion I #39 do the same run, always around 4:30pm if anyone from Winnipeg wants to get photos. PICTURE:

579931_398827396820326_733087843_n.jpg

#'s 38 and 40 are both spare units and are only sent out when the regular buses are kept in the shop for work or breakdowns.

Ah, didn't know that! DavidW and a few others at the MTHA event mentioned these were on the chopping block next, thanks to the Orion V's

• 4 weeks later...