New Flyer Xcelsior Demonstrator

Enviro 500

My mom, who could not care less about buses, rode this some time last week (ish). The buses markings make it very clear it is different, but her favourite part was not paying a fare!

The main body of her review, however, is that she did not notice a difference lol.

My mom, who could not care less about buses, rode this some time last week (ish). The buses markings make it very clear it is different, but her favourite part was not paying a fare!

The main body of her review, however, is that she did not notice a difference lol.

A bus is a bus, and as long as it's capable of running from point A to B then it's a good bus! :(

Although.....with that being said, how could she possibly miss that nice AC blower fan action?! :rage:

Dave

.... =_=" and I was doing statistics homework next door to the exchange during that time...

apparently another CMBC driver said that they may not put the bus back in service between now and when it is returned to New Flyer due to issues with air-conditioning and the flip-out doors. = (

No, they're flip out... Also West Van didn't have issues with the A/C... and if it is a problem... just switch it off, unlike the Orion the windows do open.

They are slide glide doors. And I'm willing to bet the issue with the doors has to do with the CLASS door sensor system used, seems to have quite a few issues in other transit agencies as well.

The slide glide doors wouldnt be able to hit anything outside since its tucked into the bus when opened. The parallelagram and flip out doors would have a chance at hitting things outside.

It depends on the geometry of the doors. The slide-glides that NFI uses do stick out 5 or 6 inches beyond the sides of the vehicle. The front slide-glides on the Orion VIIIs, however, do not stick out at all.

Dan

It depends on the geometry of the doors. The slide-glides that NFI uses do stick out 5 or 6 inches beyond the sides of the vehicle. The front slide-glides on the Orion VIIs, however, do not stick out at all.

Dan

Well thats just the rubber flaps that stick out with the frame slightly also. But i dont see much of a chance of the slide glide doors actually hitting something either than a passenger or item on the inside thats blocking its path.

The Xcelsior is driven by the same operator who gets the Novabus LFX in the afternoon............with that being said, this means the Xcelsior is out only for AM peak hours, while the Novabus LFX is out only for PM peak hours!

Photos of the Xcelsior from today, on my way to work:

http://www.trans-continental.ca/vancouver/...ewflyerXDE40/#3

The Xcelsior is routinely assigned on line 106 block 14, one round trip starting and ending at Metrotown with the following timing points:

Metrotown Station: 0718

Edmonds Station: 0735 EB / 0832 WB

New West Station: 0806

Metrotown Station (NIS): 0851

Hope this helps!

Dave

The Xcelsior is driven by the same operator who gets the Novabus LFX in the afternoon............with that being said, this means the Xcelsior is out only for AM peak hours, while the Novabus LFX is out only for PM peak hours!

Photos of the Xcelsior from today, on my way to work:

http://www.trans-continental.ca/vancouver/...ewflyerXDE40/#3

The Xcelsior is routinely assigned on line 106 block 14, one round trip starting and ending at Metrotown with the following timing points:

Metrotown Station: 0718

Edmonds Station: 0735 EB / 0832 WB

New West Station: 0806

Metrotown Station (NIS): 0851

Hope this helps!

Dave

If you see someone get on in pyjama pants at New West... :P