Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

55 minutes ago, Transit Guy said:

The following routes have extra service on New Year’s Eve:
R1, 99 B-Line, 100, 106, 130, 209, 230, 236, 319, 320, 321, 351, 401, 408, 410, 501, 502, 555, 560/561, 562, 563, 601, 701, N17, N19

I saw in the Richmond depot that 6 artics are going out for Specials between 23:30 and 05:30 on New Year's Eve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/translink-unveils-new-r6-rapidbus-in-surrey-1.7072835

This article says that Mayor Locke of Surrey is 'looking forward to the planned launch of another RapidBus route along King George Boulevard in the coming year'. 

Is this a sign of a KGB RapidBus extension to White Rock in the works?

• Like 1

The AM overload “407 Bridgeport stn” from Metrotown Station and the 49 Langara trippers are due to begin January 8,

…which is strange given how this was stuff made on the fly. It is very rare for stuff like this to make it past the timetable revision. By now this would have been extra service on the 430 and 49.

and yes, that is supposed to be a westbound 430 to Bridgeport Station; it still has not been programmed

• Like 1

Starting January 8th, construction for the new electric bus charging station at 22nd station is starting. Bay 1 will be closed.   

Also, starting January 8th, the Hwy 17A overpass at Hwy 99 will be closed SB on weekdays between 7pm and 5am.

The 640 will be rerouting SB via E 60 Ave, S 64 st/Burns Rd, E Burns Dr Diversion, S 72 St overpass, W Ladner Trunk Rd to Ladner Exchange. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phillip said:

Starting January 8th, construction for the new electric bus charging station at 22nd station is starting. Bay 1 will be closed.   

What a waste of money! You wonder why the Translink Board is always crying for money from the 2 different levels of Government! What is wrong with the current charging station?

18 hours ago, Mark Walton said:

Most complained-about bus routes: What’s the route of all evil? (cbc.ca) Is it significant t hat none of them are trolleybus routes?

From the article ...

“Driver took off. I was right there and he saw me,” another complainant wrote. “Frustrating… appeared driver didn’t care.”

You weren't at the stop when the driver closed the doors and started to get back into traffic.  Running up to the stop as a bus is leaving is not "I was at the stop" nor is playing with your stupid phone nor is jumping out from behind the shelter or bushes at the last second.  Doors closed, left signal on, merging into traffic - you (the passenger) no longer exist.

“He’s rounded corners at high speeds causing people to have to hold on and potentially fall over,” another said. “Speeding as well, just generally felt unsafe. I never report things but this was crazy!”

Pretty sure that those drivers operate out of one of two certain depots that are notorious for extremely aggressive drivers.  This is a valid complaint and those drivers should not be behind the wheel of a car let alone a bus.

• Like 4