Kamloops Transit

The drivers in Kamloops are scared that First will lose the contract and that they will be out of a job. There are no successorship rights in the RFP's anymore. Meaning that the new contractor does not have to retain the existing work force, honour their current wage rate or promised increases. If the contract is awarded to a contractor who guts the driver's wages, I can assure you that it will be dark day in the province's history. We fear the same thing happening in Kelowna in 2014.

Any new news on the contract with Kamloops? Would like to hear of any updates to this previous post last year

Any new news on the contract with Kamloops? Would like to hear of any updates to this previous post last year

RFP for Kamloops closed in March, last I heard First got it which will be pretty well the same for Kelowna, Vernon and Salmon Arm coming up. That'll keep the Union fear mongers quiet for a bit until their next scare campaign :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Yes I heard about that as soon as I got in this morning and went to have a look at 9875 for myself. The bus looks alright, sadly the same can't be said of the police car. Ironically this bus was being followed by a supervisor, was gonna be 'pulled over' for a check, so they saw the whole thing. This is the third incident in the last few weeks now, two of which resulted in drivers being fired. >_<

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Does Kamloops Transit have any refurbish D40LF?

9831-9839, 9861-9870, 9875 and 9877 according to the wiki - look there first before asking these sorts of questions, right?

Ugg,... I am trying to find the post where it lists where all of them are... As I was sure I saw that two of them were listed as operating here.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=BC_Transit_3001-3015

Here's the fleet roster.

3001 - Penticton

3002 - Penticton

3003 - Nelson

3004 - Nelson

3005 - Chilliwack

3006 - Chilliwack

3007 - Kelowna

3008 - Dawson Creek

3009 - Quesnel

3010 - Quesnel

3011 - Kelowna

3012 - Kelowna

3013 - Dawson Creek

3014 - Dawson Creek

3015 - Dawson Creek

None in Kamloops...

Kamloops has the 3rd highest ridership of all BC Transit systems after Victoria and Kelowna so I'm sure a case could be made for it, especially with the TRU UPass ridership. Back in 2002 there was a plan for them to get a few deckers, but decided against it.
Why would they use a hybrid double decker in Kamloops not a diesel double decker?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...