Kamloops Transit

25 minutes ago, SidneyTransitfan said:

Nice. I'll be stopping by Kamloops in about eight weeks time. Pity about the lack of Nextride... Then again though Kamloops is a small system, virtually every route goes Downtown.

Other than the routes that terminate at the horribly placed TRU Exchange. 

7 hours ago, XN40G said:

I found a nextride bug on 1058 (Chopped Leaf Livery) today, it was looping "IP Address, Welcome to use" over and over, also no "use the rear doors" or "stay behind the red line" accouncements

I've seen quite a few of those bugs during middle of last summer, and when i came to visit family during December some still remained. It's nothing new

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XN40G said:

back when we had the dennis dart buses, what routes here can run the dennis darts back in the day?

Definitely the 17. I lived in barnhartvale most of my life. And that's one of them i first rode! Can't remember which was my first bus number to ride though. 

6 was mostly a lot of the time darts. They left the city i bet to upgrade the fleet, and probably Victoria had a few runs that needed smaller vehicles so they swapped?

Hard to remember lol. 6/17 maybe the 10. Unknown about the 5 but it's not that busy anyhow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XN40G said:

also 4 pacific way as seen here, maybe 13, 14, 16 and former 15 ord road

0114.jpg

Oh that's right! When 4 Pacific way served Lansdowne! But way back when it was a real indoor mall. Now i remember that. 

The 15 ord wasn't very popular but they could have put the 14 Batchelor Heights via ord on select trips not to duplicate eighth in the end. 

How i miss those buses and old history. I gotta do my research! (How time flies lol)

• 1 month later...

Or just bring in valleyview exchange. Have a big bus going down valleyview regularly. Way out goes like 17 and way back goes like 16. Create another valleyview onto Highway up to tru. 

The city really needs to think more like what Chilliwack does with 66. And I'm pretty sure they can easily make it to Merritt if they just learn to put foot on pedal going the right speeds. 

If Chilliwack can stop through Abbotsford. So can kam and Merritt. Or meet half way for Kelowna. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2022 at 9:52 PM, XN40G said:

quick question: On bctracker, is there a reason why 1046 haven't been used since mid march of this year

is there also a reason why 1068 haven't been used since August 2021?

I definitely want to know. 

Are they sitting in the garage? Are they needing replacement parts? ??????????????

19 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

I definitely want to know. 

Are they sitting in the garage? Are they needing replacement parts? ??????????????

Most likely replacement parts although 1048-1051, 1056 and 1069 went to Nanaimo so they might go to Nanaimo in the future?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 6:36 PM, XN40G said:

I really think Kamloops should have double decker busses because for example, the route 1 bus around 2-4 pm is really packed and sucks to wait for the bus only to be full and having to wait for the next one to come

Victoria had one decker with Kamloops transit number on it. I forget the bus number. So it means that was an attempt long time ago (few years back or so)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/22/2023 at 2:17 PM, Busmanic92 said:

Nextride 2.0 being installed. I only seen 1055 so far. Looks like a wider screen like CFV tv screens.

Offline gps but doing 7 right now.

IMG_0780.png

Saw and Rode 1153 with V2 Next Ride, EX Victoria Unit, Stop Request Sign to the left now a dummy

22 hours ago, XN40G said:

Saw 1062 and 1108 with V2

Starting on November 20, new Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) hardware will be installed on buses in the Kamloops Transit System. New digital full-colour passenger information displays will also be installed inside all heavy-duty buses. These displays will offer trip information to passengers including multiple upcoming stops, current route, and service alerts. 

There are expected to be no service interruptions during the replacement process, and riders will continue to have the ability to use smart mobile devices and desktop services to see the real-time location of their bus along its route and its predicted arrival time at an identified stop.