Western Flyer Deck-and-a-Half

A. Wong

I rode one of those on the Bus History Association's June 2001 convention in Winnipeg. Not sure who owned it then - but it broke down on the way to the MCI plant! They fixed it, but it took a while, and I forget how late we were. I may have a group shot with it; if so, I can scan and post it.

Actually you can thank Ken Baker for the initial tip on the bus. Does anybody know the name of the scrapyard the deck & a half is in? Wish somebody would rescue it & restore it before its too late if it isn't already.

And Ken found out about it from me, and I found out about it from Peter Cox.

It's not really a scrap yard... it seems to be a private residence with a lot of crap in the yard.

The bus did look better years ago when I first got pics of it. It seems to be being used as a shed now.

• Like 1

And Ken found out about it from me, and I found out about it from Peter Cox.

It's not really a scrap yard... it seems to be a private residence with a lot of crap in the yard.

The bus did look better years ago when I first got pics of it. It seems to be being used as a shed now.

Somebody should try & rescue it

I would assume so... as well as a bigger engine!!!

Didn't the Senicruisers have 12V71 engines?

I know the MC-6's did...

The scenicruisers started life with two 4 cyclinder engines coupled together but weere later switched to 8V71's

All the MC-6's has 12V71's to start but around 1977 the American ones were converted to 8V71's

• 2 weeks later...
I rode one of those on the Bus History Association's June 2001 convention in Winnipeg. Not sure who owned it then - but it broke down on the way to the MCI plant! They fixed it, but it took a while, and I forget how late we were. I may have a group shot with it; if so, I can scan and post it.

Here are scans of 2 of the slides I mentioned. None of them are group shots. Both were taken outside the Charter House Hotel, 330 York Avenue, the convention base (that hotel has since become the Best Western Charterhouse). I've been trying to add a third one, but the board won't take it. I'll try again later today.

FlyerDH1.jpg FlyerDH2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...