Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

6 hours ago, Darren1984 said:

Does anyone have any update on the New Articulated Busses that the HSR has ordered.  When are they expected to be delivered?   

The artics are supposed to arrive in late July/early August. They will receive priority over the 42 Novas to get ready for service first. It is hoped that at least some will be ready to enter service in September.

As for the rest of the Fall changes, they will not be released for a few weeks. The drivers have the right to be the first to know and the schedules have not been presented to them yet. Once the drivers start signing for their work, then the details will be released.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
21 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

The 2023 XN60s have started production in Winnipeg. A photo of one in production was put up in the drivers lounge today. Theres a few (unknown amount just told a few) that have been moved to the New Flyer plant in Minnesota for final assembly. Before anyone asks, no i do not have photos, and dont know the fleet numbers of the units. 

They were posted on this board back in May...

HSR1.jpeg

HSR2.jpeg

• Like 2

Probably the first time an HSR and TTC bus have been beside each other in assembly at New Flyer in a long time. I had no idea they were receiving so many, guess I'll have to head over to the wiki to reacquaint myself.

13 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

This afternoon, i spotted units 0714, 0715 and 0716 doing training runs (like theyre suppose to). I got photos of both 0714 and 0716 this afternoon. 0714s photo was at Stone Chruch and Upper Sherman, and 0716 is on John Street just at the bottom of the Jolley Cut.

DSCN3007.jpeg

DSCN3008.jpeg

Was 0714 repainted?

46 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

No

It would have been at some point because it doesn’t have the wheelchair/wheelchair/wheelchair access like 716 does. I’m not saying you’re wrong in any way, it’s just something I noticed. 

Have a great day! 🙂

On 6/23/2023 at 1:18 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

There were a few 0700s that had the "low floor low floor low floor" removed. It was most likely a partial repaint, instead of a full repaint. I do not know the numbers offhand of the 0700s that had this done.

Ohh, okay.

• 2 weeks later...

The decommissioning of the artics has started. Bus 929 has had farebox, Presto readers and bike rack removed. The licence plate has also been removed which is usually the final indicator that the bus is retired.

The first of the new artics (2350 series) should be in some time this week.

EDIT Bus 930 is the second artic decommissioned.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The latest two artics to be decommissioned are 928 and 931.

Interestingly, this will be the second retirement of a bus numbered 931 and occurs 23 years after the first retirement. Bus 931, the first, a GMC T6H-5307N was retired in April 2000.

HSR has had a few duplicate numbers over the years with the most recent being Novas 2204-2208. The numbers were previously assigned to ex-Canada Coach Lines MCI Classics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, newflyerinvero said:

Is there any plans to have one livery for all bus lengths, or is this going to be the artic scheme for the foreseeable future?

Been like that since the beginning why would they change the livery? 

1 hour ago, G.A said:

Been like that since the beginning why would they change the livery? 

Ya I know it's been 16/17 years with the first DE60LFRs, but with the LRT in a few years, maybe a livery refresh to match the scheme, whatever it is for the LRVs. Just a thought I had.

1 hour ago, newflyerinvero said:

Ya I know it's been 16/17 years with the first DE60LFRs, but with the LRT in a few years, maybe a livery refresh to match the scheme, whatever it is for the LRVs. Just a thought I had

With many other operators having identity issues and opting to switch to one livery. I don't see Hamilton refreshing the branding. They dont have an identity crisis like the rest.

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, G.A said:

With many other operators having identity issues and opting to switch to one livery. I don't see Hamilton refreshing the branding. They dont have an identity crisis like the rest.

Identity crisis? Huh?

• Like 1

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Theyre exactly the same as the 18xx artics. No need to see a photo. You can wait until theyre in service

You just posted above that they aren’t the same… 

why is my board full of spamming idiots? Time to set up pre-paid accounts…

• Like 1

Just now, hamilton.area.transit said:

I said the INTEROR should be the same. Thag says notning about the EXTERIOR

The post you replied to indicated they were looking for door-side pics. That indicates they're inquiring about the exterior. You apparently replied that the interior was the same, without indicating it was the interior you were speaking to.

Also, saying the interior is "the same" but with different seats implies the interior is actually different. 💁‍♂️