MiWay

Orion VIII

2 hours ago, Toro said:

With regards to the miexpress buses, is it known what buses will retire and what buses will be repainted (minus the BRT D60LFRs)? I hope they aren't planning to retire the BRT 3Gs since they might be next...

Currently MiWay is trying to get the 2005 LFs, and all the 06 LFRs retired, so I don't think their primary focus is the BRT 3Gs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Squishy Bus said:

Currently MiWay is trying to get the 2005 LFs, and all the 06 LFRs retired, so I don't think their primary focus is the BRT 3Gs. 

Miway said within the next year they will speed up the retirement of some of the  mi Express buses so they may possibly add to that retirement list

2 hours ago, The Squishy Bus said:

Arent they trying to get rid of everything pre MiWay at the moment? are the 2007/8 units gonna stick around till 2024?

15 minutes ago, Orion_II said:

On a side note, when are the 03s going to be moved into the retired section on the MiWay Wiki page? It seems like updates there are slow

To be fair everyone’s busy these days. It will take around a few weeks for pages to get updated. 

16 minutes ago, jordan s said:

I'm wondering what's gonna happen to the 2012 Orions that are in Express livery, I'm thinking they might get retired and not repainted near the end of the 18 months

No. They have older buses that are currently being retired. They may end up in the orange livery.

3 minutes ago, jordan s said:

MiWay 2312 has had a short service life so far; it was last seen from 5:20 AM to 8:30 AM on October 26th, and hasn’t been active since. Assuming that something may have gone wrong w/ the bus and it hopefully returns very soon.

It had a check engine light and was taken out of service.  It’s parked in bay 49 along with 2202, 2222, and 2254, which also have issues.

1 hour ago, jordan s said:

I'm wondering what's gonna happen to the 2012 Orions that are in Express livery, I'm thinking they might get retired and not repainted near the end of the 18 months

The Orions should be repainted. As for now, 2060 is the only repainted Unit. Seems like they wana do 60fts first. 2058 is currently in the shop also being repainted.

• Thanks 1

The goal is to get the blue 60' painted orange first as they are badly needed on local routes. Seen a number on 2 and 61 these days as well other routes that were 40' only.

As far as I now, anything from 2012 up that are blue on the 15 year life cycle will be painted orange over the next 6 months or until they are all orange

Anything on an 12 year life cycle under 2012 that are blue or due be by 2025 are to remain blue

I expect to see the Orion 2012 gone by end of 2024 or when the new 2024 buses show up.

3 hours ago, drum118 said:

The goal is to get the blue 60' painted orange first as they are badly needed on local routes. Seen a number on 2 and 61 these days as well other routes that were 40' only.

As far as I now, anything from 2012 up that are blue on the 15 year life cycle will be painted orange over the next 6 months or until they are all orange

Anything on an 12 year life cycle under 2012 that are blue or due be by 2025 are to remain blue

I expect to see the Orion 2012 gone by end of 2024 or when the new 2024 buses show up.

I think the 2012 Orions are gonna go to the end of their projected service lives (2027) simply because of how expensive new busses are, something that city officials are gonna be worried about because of how the proposals were20 something million over budget for the 24XX. the 2010 orions are for sure gone tho

• Root Admin
8 hours ago, jordan s said:

MiWay 2312 has had a short service life so far; it was last seen from 5:20 AM to 8:30 AM on October 26th, and hasn’t been active since. Assuming that something may have gone wrong w/ the bus and it hopefully returns very soon.

That’s been in and out of vendor work for engine issues. 2313 was also another. 2310 also down now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orion_II said:

I think the 2012 Orions are gonna go to the end of their projected service lives (2027) simply because of how expensive new busses are, something that city officials are gonna be worried about because of how the proposals were20 something million over budget for the 24XX. the 2010 orions are for sure gone tho

Was thinking the 1200's were 60' not 40'

Given the fact that the 1201-1215 cost  $717,525.13 each vs 2024 at $1,270,012.76 each and the 2023 artic are $300,000 more than 2019, the city under estimated going green badly. Unless there are major issues with 1201-1215, they will last to 2027-28. The 1100's cost $525,425.15 each and said what the cost to go green then.

The city better prepared for the sticker price going to ebuses starting in 2027/28 along refitting the 2 garages as well building the 3rd one

One thing that hasn't been talked about at Provinces and Federal Level, what is going to replace the gas tax to fund transit due to the decline fuel revenue by going HEV.

1 hour ago, drum118 said:

Was thinking the 1200's were 60' not 40'

Given the fact that the 1201-1215 cost  $717,525.13 each vs 2024 at $1,270,012.76 each and the 2023 artic are $300,000 more than 2019, the city under estimated going green badly. Unless there are major issues with 1201-1215, they will last to 2027-28. The 1100's cost $525,425.15 each and said what the cost to go green then.

The city better prepared for the sticker price going to ebuses starting in 2027/28 along refitting the 2 garages as well building the 3rd one

One thing that hasn't been talked about at Provinces and Federal Level, what is going to replace the gas tax to fund transit due to the decline fuel revenue by going HEV.

Any plan for electrifying the fleet starting then?

12 hours ago, GZ6113PHEV5 said:

Any plan for electrifying the fleet starting then?

Only when the 3rd garage gets built and the other 2 are modified. CP will see some modification for the test buses. Also funding of them.

There needs to be charging stations at the bus terminals that allows for topping buses up to keep them on the street longer, This is very common in Europe as well along the routes on the street that I have seen in the US.

Starting with the approval of the 2024 budget, 40 new drivers are to be hire on top of the ones to replace the retiring drivers, various openings and leaving to fully the extra 4% increase of service hours. The plan 6% would have be been better still as we are behind the 8 ball now.

Dundas BRT will be RFP in 2024 with construction in 2026

Mississauga staff have a report on next week's Committee agenda about the subject as well. The TTC fare integration will cost MiWay about $7M in annual lost revenue with the province reimbursing, however the integrated fare will be available on Presto only. Staff plan to pilot the integration on the Bloor route before rolling it out to other cross-boundary corridors.

There is also the separate proposals for MiWay to eventually take over existing TTC service on Bloor and Burnhamthorpe as well as allow both pick ups and drop offs along Dundas in Etobicoke.

https://pub-mississauga.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=47979