MiWay

Orion VIII

I wonder when and why the route 2 Hurontario got renumbered to 19 Hurontario

Can't remember the when; here's some info on the why.

MT used to operate two separate services:

* 2 Hurontario (Port Credit GO - Square One)

* 19 Hurontario North (Square One - Shoppers World)

They were merged to create one continuous route from PC GO to SW and took the number 19, possibly to avoid confusion with Brampton's Route 2 Main.

Can't remember the when; here's some info on the why.

MT used to operate two separate services:

* 2 Hurontario (Port Credit GO - Square One)

* 19 Hurontario North (Square One - Shoppers World)

They were merged to create one continuous route from PC GO to SW and took the number 19, possibly to avoid confusion with Brampton's Route 2 Main.

I think up until the late 90's several of the routes that currently operate through CCTT/Square One instead terminated there. What is now the 19 HURONTARIO was the 2 HURONTARIO (Port Credit GO - Square One) and the 19 BRAMPTON (Square One - Queen St. and then Shoppers World). What is now the 26 BURNHAMTHORPE was the 26 BURNHAMTHORPE WEST (Square One - Ridgeway) and 36 BURNHAMTHORPE EAST (Square One - Islington Subway). There have been iterations of the merged 26 with branches to Ridgeway and Folkway. The 8 and 14 were previously a single route.

Spotted 1214 on 19A south at CCTT, 1003 on 3 East, 0904 on 107

Map of 8 Cawthra from 2005 when it ran from Port Credit to Clarkson, also the 48 Erin Mills used to go to Clarkson until 110 University was introduced

Yea for some reason there are a lot of odd ones today. I saw 1407 pulling in to CCTT at around 3:05pm today while on the 3, then I saw 0925 on the 101 heading east at around 6:30 near Tomken.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Apparently Miway may be retire their 2003 D40LFs starting next year. It says on page 28, that there will be 22 being retired. Then in 2017 the other 22 will retire and in 2018, 48 will retire and I believe that it will be half of the 2005 D40LFs and the 12 2007 EZ Riders. Not sure if this is true but I'd suggest start getting photos of the 2003 D40LFs if you haven't already done so.

Link to the file is below:

http://www7.mississauga.ca/eCity/Budget/img/serviceareas/business-plans/miway-summary.pdf?hootPostID=6675f53807612828e5a0522b7b75239b

Apparently Miway may be retire their 2003 D40LFs starting next year. It says on page 28, that there will be 22 being retired. Then in 2017 the other 22 will retire and in 2018, 48 will retire and I believe that it will be half of the 2005 D40LFs and the 12 2007 EZ Riders. Not sure if this is true but I'd suggest start getting photos of the 2003 D40LFs if you haven't already done so.

http://www7.mississauga.ca/eCity/Budget/img/serviceareas/business-plans/miway-summary.pdf?hootPostID=6675f53807612828e5a0522b7b75239b

That is last year's (2015) budget document. Silly Tilley posted a link leading to 2016's.

As MT0603 said you have to check the current budget plans for accurate info. Fleet plans do change and as you know MiWay has moved towards a 15 year life cycle for 40' buses and 12 years for 30' and 60' buses. The 2016 proposed budget includes $7.6 million for new bus purchases however these will be expansion buses, not replacement.

--

Next week council will be asked to provide direction on the $1 seniors off-peak pilot fare - whether that is extending the pilot period, discontinuing it, or making it a permanent program.

Some stats from the report:

• The $1 fare is used for 24% of senior rides
  • Migration to $1 senior fare: senior ticket sales have decreased 61%, senior pass sales by 30% and Presto usage by seniors is also down 22%.
  • 20% of $1 fares are outside the defined window for the $1 fare program (off peak). However the report notes that of this 20%, 42% is within 30 minutes of the defined window.
  • No measurable increase in senior ridership (rather migration of existing riders to $1 fare)
  • On a annualized basis the loss of revenue from the $1 senior fare based on current usage is $470,000. However with usage of the program continuing to grow MiWay estimates further revenue loss, that could reach $1 million a year if all senior riders took advantage of the $1 fare.

http://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/agendas/committees/general/2015/12_02_15_GC_Agenda.pdf Item 6.10

With Tahoe and Etobicoke Creek Stations scheduled to open in January the 107 and 109 will begin serving them. The 35 and 87 detours using Tahoe will end and both those routes will go back to their normal routing along Eglinton. 21 will serve the transitway up until Dixie Station as it does now but will be modified to then travel along Dixie and Eglinton to Creekbank to normal routing.

As MT0603 said you have to check the current budget plans for accurate info. Fleet plans do change and as you know MiWay has moved towards a 15 year life cycle for 40' buses and 12 years for 30' and 60' buses. The 2016 proposed budget includes $7.6 million for new bus purchases however these will be expansion buses, not replacement.

--

Next week council will be asked to provide direction on the $1 seniors off-peak pilot fare - whether that is extending the pilot period, discontinuing it, or making it a permanent program.

• Migration to $1 senior fare: senior ticket sales have decreased 61%, senior pass sales by 30% and Presto usage by seniors is also down 22%.
  • 20% of $1 fares are outside the defined window for the $1 fare program (off peak). However the report notes that of this 20%, 42% is within 30 minutes of the defined window.
  • No measurable increase in senior ridership (rather migration of existing riders to $1 fare)
  • On a annualized basis the loss of revenue from the $1 senior fare based on current usage is $470,000. However with usage of the program continuing to grow MiWay estimates further revenue loss, that could reach $1 million a year if all senior riders took advantage of the $1 fare.
http://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/agendas/committees/general/2015/12_02_15_GC_Agenda.pdf Item 6.10

With Tahoe and Etobicoke Creek Stations scheduled to open in January the 107 and 109 will begin serving them. The 35 and 87 detours using Tahoe will end and both those routes will go back to their normal routing along Eglinton. 21 will serve the transitway up until Dixie Station as it does now but will be modified to then travel along Dixie and Eglinton to Creekbank to normal routing.

Yes I do know the 15 year life for the 40' and 12 years for 30' and 60' buses. I didn't realize there was a 2016 budget plan document until I went on the Miway website. I happen to find the 2015 document when I was checking their twitter account.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Update to this, Council has extended the Senior $1 pilot until the end of February. Reasons given is there is a report coming forward in the near future regarding the possibility of discount fares for all low income groups and this will be shared between the Region and the city (my understanding is this would be done via PRESTO). Also, several councillors had concerns about the fact that there is still a lack of education regarding the $1 fare and that the initial implementation was rushed (less than 3 weeks turnaround from council approval to implementation at the end of June 2015). Council felt that more time was needed to provide a accurate picture of the program.

I just had a friend of mine tell me that the fight happened on 0915 was on the 10 Bristol-Britannia, its those teenagers from Our Lady of Mount Carmel Secondary School

From the video, you can see the fleet number inside the bus and it was 0915.

You sure Mount Carmel? Don't see any uniforms

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

It could have been for summer school. I went to a Catholic school during the summer and uniforms were not required.

The Peel Regional Police said it happened during the summer months according to their Tweet.

https://twitter.com/PeelPoliceMedia/status/672902326458433536