MiWay

Orion VIII

Is Miway opposed to rear facing seats? i.e. on the 60' 13s, there are only 3 seats placed on top of each middle wheel well because they have that flat part for bags. They could have easily fit 2 rear and the existing 2 front facing seats in there. Is it a safety thing?

It could have been that what you see in the 2013 artics is the seating layout that was proposed by New Flyer in their bid and MiWay just went with it. I wouldn't say for sure that they are opposed to rear facing seats.

How much torque do the hybrid 10s have? I was on 1039 today, and it was reeeallly pulling! I never see buses accelerate that fast, even if they are being floored....You really do have to hold on :)

Tons of info on BAE's hybridrive website, specifically:

http://hybridrive.com/pdfs/HybriDrive-MTS.pdf

http://hybridrive.com/pdfs/HybriDrive%20PCS%20data%20sheet%202-5-14%20(3).pdf

With all of the changes along Eglinton regarding the Transitway construction are they even bothering to keep passengers updated with the resulting routing changes in and out of the Skymark Hub? It seems like every other week ther's another change which may leave passengers waiting for a bus that may no longer come.

As of this week, Commerce Blvd. has reopened and the TTC is resuming its previous looping of the 32 and 112 as noted by signage at the stop. Meanwhile the 87 is now running south on Explorer to Eglinton rather than use Skymark and Orbitor. I guess once Satellite is done they'll get around to closing Explorer which will rearrange the routes again!

With all of the changes along Eglinton regarding the Transitway construction are they even bothering to keep passengers updated with the resulting routing changes in and out of the Skymark Hub? It seems like every other week ther's another change which may leave passengers waiting for a bus that may no longer come.

As of this week, Commerce Blvd. has reopened and the TTC is resuming its previous looping of the 32 and 112 as noted by signage at the stop. Meanwhile the 87 is now running south on Explorer to Eglinton rather than use Skymark and Orbitor. I guess once Satellite is done they'll get around to closing Explorer which will rearrange the routes again!

I think it's not just passengers they are confusing. My buddy who was doing the 87 yesterday was confused with the routing and stops in that area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think it's not just passengers they are confusing. My buddy who was doing the 87 yesterday was confused with the routing and stops in that area.

That happened to me last week. The driver had to go over to the south side of Skymark and ask if anyone was waiting for the 87. We all thought that they had restored the original routing without announcing it. The previous bus either left really early, never showed up or got lost in all the rerouting and bypassed the regular southside stop.

They've also stopped posting the notices on the alerts page for the routes going through Skymark Hub.

In response to the petition by Huron Park residents regarding bus traffic in the Huron Park CC, the following changes will be implemented effective May 9, 2016:

4: Will continue to serve Huron Park but only between 7AM and 9PM

38: Rerouted to terminate at Westdale (Glengarry/Cedarglen). the MiWay Five plan also has the 38 being rerouted onto Erindale Station Road, shortened to Financial only and taken off Bancroft so I wouldn't be surprised if those changes happen then as well.

44: Will terminate at UTM

Also, the next phase of rehabilitation work to the City Centre Transit Terminal will be going ahead in 2016, this phase will see some structural work undertaken. As a result the terminal will have to be closed starting in April 2016, with work completed by the end of August 2016. Route 26 will no longer serve the terminal and will stay on Burnhamthorpe as part of the MiWay Five, starting March 2016.

http://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/agendas/committees/general/2015/11_04_15_GC_Agenda.pdf

The last trip for the 4 skipping Huron was just before 8, why is it earlier now? It's too bad the 44 wont come to Dundas anymore, I though it was really convenient. Couldn't they just terminate the 44 at Westdale, by the 6? There is more than enough space. I suppose its ridership was too low in that area....

The last trip for the 4 skipping Huron was just before 8, why is it earlier now? It's too bad the 44 wont come to Dundas anymore, I though it was really convenient. Couldn't they just terminate the 44 at Westdale, by the 6? There is more than enough space. I suppose its ridership was too low in that area....

While the 4 doesn't serve Huron Park before 8AM on weekdays, on weekends it does so from the start of service. It's not a indication as to specifically what times MiWay will start/stop serving there, just that they've promised to limit bus activity within that timeframe.

As for the 44, It's being moved out so the 38 can serve Westdale. There's no room for a extra route anywhere so something had to give.

In response to the petition by Huron Park residents regarding bus traffic in the Huron Park CC, the following changes will be implemented effective May 9, 2016:

4: Will continue to serve Huron Park but only between 7AM and 9PM

38: Rerouted to terminate at Westdale (Glengarry/Cedarglen). the MiWay Five plan also has the 38 being rerouted onto Erindale Station Road, shortened to Financial only and taken off Bancroft so I wouldn't be surprised if those changes happen then as well.

44: Will terminate at UTM

Also, the next phase of rehabilitation work to the City Centre Transit Terminal will be going ahead in 2016, this phase will see some structural work undertaken. As a result the terminal will have to be closed starting in April 2016, with work completed by the end of August 2016. Route 26 will no longer serve the terminal and will stay on Burnhamthorpe as part of the MiWay Five, starting March 2016.

http://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/agendas/committees/general/2015/11_04_15_GC_Agenda.pdf

If they can't secure a tenant to replace Target could they rearrange the mall to get a proper terminal at Westdale so the 44 and 38 can both stay? Or should the City expropriate one of the corners?

The GO Transit Terminal should be done by next spring. Any indication as to how they plan to redistribute the routes or relocate the terminal during the renovation? GO could go back to using the temporary stops on Centre View while MiWay uses the Station Gate stops or will they just relocate to one of the parking lots (likely Target's if they haven't found a replacement tenant)?

Sportcheck is moving to the mall. Does anyone know if GO or the City will be using it? Or is another store going there?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The long-term plan for all the land between Centre View and Rathburn is to redevelop it into (presumably) office towers. Don't know if that time has now come. That's why GO doesn't have a physical terminal like MiWay.

There is ALOT of space for a mini terminal, at least enough to house one more terminating route. Honestly, half of the Westdale parking lot is never used. I suppose they'd have to align the times of the 38 a 4 for transferring passengers.

If they can't secure a terminal on-site at Westdale, perhaps an on-street loop for the 38? If the residents on Forestwood don't mind perhaps looping it via Dundas, Erindale Station and Forestwood? Otherwise a large loop down Wolfedale and up Erindale Station Rd.? I doubt there are many transfers between the 38 and 44.

The MiWay 5 plan has service on the 38 running down Erindale Station Rd. rather than Wolfedale even though there are more potential riders (don't think there are many students from Woodlands riding the 38). There are some aspects of the Plan that seem baffling without the additional explanation.

It seems like Miway is updating their PR signs. I saw 0851 and 0852 just now with updated Lest We Forget signs. The font size is smaller and its in the centered in the middle. I'm not sure at the moment if they have taken out or added other PR signs.

It seems like Miway is updating their PR signs. I saw 0851 and 0852 just now with updated Lest We Forget signs. The font size is smaller and its in the centered in the middle. I'm not sure at the moment if they have taken out or added other PR signs.

Those have been up since before Halloween. I kinda like GO's version with the poppy, but I could see it being misconstrued as something else.

I went to River Grove Community Centre the other day to load cash onto my PRESTO card, and apparently the holdup on implementation was a wonky wifi connection with the equipment. All City facilities have free wifi, I don't know if that was the reason for the delay as none of the other community centres ran into that problem. A physical connection would probably have sped things up if that's all it was, but I'm speculating based on the simple answer I was given. Since the transaction is done at the Customer Service desk, I can imagine on busy days there'd be a bit of a line with people also paying to access the community centre.

Now where would be a good place to install the new self-serve loading machines? Even the GO stations in Mississauga (that I've seen) don't have them yet!

Those have been up since before Halloween. I kinda like GO's version with the poppy, but I could see it being misconstrued as something else.

I went to River Grove Community Centre the other day to load cash onto my PRESTO card, and apparently the holdup on implementation was a wonky wifi connection with the equipment. All City facilities have free wifi, I don't know if that was the reason for the delay as none of the other community centres ran into that problem. A physical connection would probably have sped things up if that's all it was, but I'm speculating based on the simple answer I was given. Since the transaction is done at the Customer Service desk, I can imagine on busy days there'd be a bit of a line with people also paying to access the community centre.

Now where would be a good place to install the new self-serve loading machines? Even the GO stations in Mississauga (that I've seen) don't have them yet!

Square One MiWay Transit side would be the best place to install a self-serve load machine for Presto considering how it is the big transit hub in the city with multiple routes connecting through the station.

Transitway Stations would also be good places to have them installed there. In short, I would say any station or terminal with multiple routes would be good places to have them installed if Metrolinx decides to further expand the machines outside of TTC.