General WTF Moments

Cogeno

Earlier I got a call from Quickbooks. It was a pre-recorded call for my mom to update her credit card info. Once I got the gist of the message, I tried to hang up with the intention to call my mom at work to pass the message along. However, despite the fact I hung up, when I picked up again, the message was still playing!

• Like 1

Earlier today, my cell phone started beeping because the battery was low. I turned it off because it would be a few hours before I would be able to charge it.

Just now, I was about to charge it and turned the phone back on and it said the battery was at 2/3 charged. I didn't even charge it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few minutes ago I got saying my ad account is empty and as a result, any active ads have been turned off. Please add money to turn them on or to create new ads.

As far as I know, I don't have a Facebook ad account.

3 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

A few minutes ago I got saying my ad account is empty and as a result, any active ads have been turned off. Please add money to turn them on or to create new ads.

As far as I know, I don't have a Facebook ad account.

You weren't the only one to receive a email like that. I smell a #Scam on the herizon. 

In regards to what I posted earlier, I got this reply from Facebook:

Earlier this week, we accidentally sent you an email that said your ad account is empty. Please disregard that message, which was sent by mistake.

We're sorry for sending incorrect information, and we've resolved the problem that caused you to receive it.

Thanks,
The Facebook Ads Team

On 3/2/2017 at 5:13 PM, H4 5600 said:

They dont. If they did i would have one :P.

Copy the ebay picture, blow it up a little and frame it. That should do it until you get an original. In fact, I may just do that now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last weekend (3/12/17) I was riding an ETI on the 31 heading back home at night from my LA trip. During the ride some crazy lady came on board. Of course she was loud and annoying, but she sat in the back. Later she moved to the front and started bothering people. She pushed this one dude to the limit when she started to take off her nasty underwear (she of course was disgusting & smelly btw). The dude was about to kick her ass and we all got off. Damn, first night back home and this happens. 

• 3 weeks later...

Why on Earth did Tim Horton's discontinue their Ham and Swiss sandwiches?

Since school started back in September, I visited Tim Horton's several times, each time receiving a ham and cheddar in place. I thought I just kept running into incompetent employees who couldn't figure out the difference between different types of cheese, but when it happened at a Tim Horton's outside of campus, I googled it and apparently, they just discontinued that type of sandwich all together.

Who the hell eats ham and cheddar?! Cheddar has the least flavour and texture of any type of cheese I've ever eaten; each time I felt like I was chewing cardboard or something. Brilliant, this. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What is it with people who feel the need to brag about how much colder they are than other places in Canada? I was in a group chat and one guy said that he was planning on doing a food review, but couldn't because it was cold. This comment was met with a response from someone who lives in Edmonton saying, "You don't know what cold is. It snowed here today!"

...good for you?¿?¿?¿

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

What is it with people who feel the need to brag about how much colder they are than other places in Canada? I was in a group chat and one guy said that he was planning on doing a food review, but couldn't because it was cold. This comment was met with a response from someone who lives in Edmonton saying, "You don't know what cold is. It snowed here today!"

...good for you?¿?¿?¿

It snowed today, but it was not cold at all. Went out in a hoodie, NO SCARF, and runners NOT BOOTS. Sitting in my room in a night shirt and the window is WIDE OPEN and I am not cold at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I went on a walk around my suburban neighborhood and along a main road, I was accosted by a man on a bike with a guitar on his back. He asked me where some street was, and I told him that it was much further south. Afterwards, he told me that he had spent the last two days biking from Oshawa and was trying to get back to London, having had his backpack and wallet stolen. He said that he didn't want my money, and then proceeded to ask me if I knew how to get food around here, having apparently not eaten anything in the last two days. I pointed out how there's restaurants all over the place, but I didn't know what you would do if you didn't have a penny on you. He then asked me if I wanted to trade his guitar for a burger and fries, I told him I had no money (a truthful statement; I left my wallet at home) and then he left again.

I don't know whether he was telling the truth or not - there were parts of the story that made me raise my eyebrows, such as what he was doing in Oshawa with just a bike, and how he had gotten there in the first place - and ultimately, I don't think it matters in this case, as I really didn't have any money on me anyway. But I'm reasonably certain that I lack the ability to figure out when someone is being truthful and when someone is trying to make a quick buck off me, and if this is the future of interactions with strangers in suburbs - God help me, especially if I don't have my wallet on me again! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A couple days ago at the Home Depot I've been working at three teenagers came into the store with a shopping cart. One of them was pushing it. The second was sitting in the basket. The third was planking on the bottom shelf of the cart!

The shopping cart in question didn't even belong to Home Depot! It was from the Costco in the same plaza.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:18 PM, Tom1122 said:

Earlier I got a call from Quickbooks. It was a pre-recorded call for my mom to update her credit card info. Once I got the gist of the message, I tried to hang up with the intention to call my mom at work to pass the message along. However, despite the fact I hung up, when I picked up again, the message was still playing!

I got another prerecorded call; this time from Lawn care services informing me of an appointment on Monday. After hanging up, I picked up the phone and message was still playing. After hanging up again and picking it up, message started over from the beginning.

A combined WTF/FML moment from today.

At my job at Home Depot, I was using a garden wand to water some plants outside. The hose it attaches to is on a reel that automatically reels in the hose when you pull it a certain way. When I finished and wanted to reel in the hose, I pulled it and it started to reel itself in. There's a bit of recoil so I was bracing for it. I wasn't expecting the wand to physically break in two and soak my gloves!

Fortunately, I found another wand to replace it and my supervisor was understanding though he was a little surprised when I showed him the wand snapped in two!

Found this interesting article about tram drivers in Nantes having to wear skirts to work to get around their employer's ban on shorts!

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/and-finally/these-french-bus-and-tram-staff-found-a-genius-way-to-circumvent-a-ban-on-shorts-35852254.html

I'm beginning to think uniforms might have been the dumbest idea in all of human history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

I'm beginning to think uniforms might have been the dumbest idea in all of human history.

Uniforms are far from a dumb idea. The uniform identifies the person as being employed by a certain company, it is meant to be worn proudly, and thirdly it is meant to garner respect.  Granted, the enforcement of some rules surrounding uniforms have gotten out of hand, or need to be enforced more fairly. If there are skirt issues for women, then men should have 3/4 length short issues given to them as an option in hot weather.

• Like 1

I have the opposite opinion of you. In my view, unless you need to be able to identify the individual quickly in times of need (i.e. the police), I find uniforms highly unnecessary. In the case of bus drivers, I think that comfort should absolutely trump the company's corporate identity - and if they need to be identified by the riding public, that's what nametags are for.

This may be a product of my Central European upbringing, where uniforms are generally far less celebrated than they are here.

9 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

For some reason Facebook is thinking I'm in the Philippines.

My computer thinks I am in Vancouver, BC. Even though I changed all the settings and what not, it still thinks I am there. Maybe it is wishful thinking on the part of my computer.

• 2 weeks later...