Gray Line West

A coach fan I know may have some more info... I remember when I was preparing to tell him about what happened to Perimeter, the first question he asked me was "did Gray Line of Victoria go under or something?" So presumably they have been struggling for a while already.

Was talking with a friend of mine (a former co-worker from my days at Gray Line Victoria) and they said that most of the place got laid-off.. A few days earlier, my mom was talking to her regular driver when she goes to Ladysmith, and he said that there's only a few people left at Gray Line in Victoria.

Anybody have any more info or have heard anything else??

All I've heard is scuttlebutt so I won't mention that stuff. I did however see 461 (a 102EL3) last weekend running a regular city tour starting from out front of the Empress Hotel in Victoria last weekend and 1113 (I believe a 102DL3) in Lake Louise about two weeks before Christmas.

Kinda sorta hope it's only the maintenance department due to the slow season... When I was there, they shut down the afternoon shift, put everybody on Monday to Friday dayshift, except for myself and my leadhand that worked dayshifts Friday to Monday... Mind you, when Armstrong Hospitality Group (Rocky Mountaineer) took over, they always said, "The buses and trains won't run and fix themselves"

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I have never known of any Orion V's operating for Gray Line. Know of some photos somewhere that we could all see??

i can look but it was at the coach canada lot in montreal if someone from MTL could look it up that would be awsome

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I might as well pass along the units I saw today while taking the kids for breaky at McDonald's.....

338 Northbound on Douglas Street

252 Northbound on Douglas Street

6624 Northbound on Blanshard Street

1083 Northbound on Blanshard Street

Also saw 19X (think it was 193??) heading south along Blanshard on the back to my moms place from breaky...

I think it was ex-1102 or 1108 with no decals. Just the base paint, blue still there. Parked with a Pinnacle coach and a Prince Albert Northern J4500.

It was ex 1102. Paper in the window was for Nagel Tours, but so were the papers in the windows of PAN 158 and Pinnacle 9246.

DSC07002.jpg

Any idea how long she's been runnin in Victoria?? I know she wasn't there when I worked there about 2 1/2 years ago.. Mind you, it seems alot has changed with that company in the past 2 1/2 years.... :P

I don't think 338 has been in Victoria for too long. That coach used to be based out of Gray Line West's Banff location.

• 10 months later...