Gray Line West

A couple of news items about GLW, discussing layoffs, the company being up for sale and BC Transit taking over the maintenance yard:

March 15

March 17

It looks like some of the H3-40s are for sale as their liveries have been removed. Here's 6629:

Picture_1154a.jpg

[/quo

I think Greyhound has their express office at 4196 Glanford do they not?? Hmmm..interesting turn of events. Has the sightseeing market in Victoria just gotten slower or has someone else made a major impact on GLW business?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know whether the shut down of Gray Line West will affect West Coast Sightseeing? Now that West Coast Sightseeing is a Gray Line affiliate, are they affected in any way or are they completely separated from Gray Line West?

Does anyone know whether the shut down of Gray Line West will affect West Coast Sightseeing? Now that West Coast Sightseeing is a Gray Line affiliate, are they affected in any way or are they completely separated from Gray Line West?

Gray Line West is owned by Armstrong, which is not affiliated with the Gray Line franchise owned and operated by West Coast Sightseeing in Vancouver in any ways. I know that as a fact because I am working for WCS at the moment!

Dave

Gray Line West is owned by Armstrong, which is not affiliated with the Gray Line franchise owned and operated by West Coast Sightseeing in Vancouver in any ways. I know that as a fact because I am working for WCS at the moment!

Dave

West Caost Sightseeing picked up the Gray Line Franchise in Vancouver...a good move on their part, Gray Line did well in Vancouver just Armstrong seems to have issues with bus companies, and by them shutting down Vancouver and Banff didn't help alot with their Victoria operation as I know Vancouver and Victoria used to complement each other in many ways. With Pacific Coach Lines they do cross market both their Vancouver and Victoria sightseeing and do it remarkably well...makes both operations viable. I dont know why Armstrong even Bought Gray Line from Greyhound back in'05 they should just stick to their core running trains and having buses to do their transfers like they started out with worked well, but then they cahnged it!!

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps if West Coast Sightseeing picked up Gray Line of Victoria, they might have been able to turn it into a viable business operation?

I'll let you be the judge!

http://www.vancouversightseeing.com/

Basically, the existing WCS sightseeing tour operations are completely re-branded under "Gray Line" while the midibuses are gradually getting repainted into the new lime green colors to give it a fresher and cooler appearance...........and on top of that, there is also the new hop-on-hop-off "Pink" Sightseeing double decker service employing a fleet of AEC Routemasters, which is what I will be working with this summer! :P

Dave

I'm sure West Coast Sightseeing will fill a great void in Vancouver...They seem to have good marketing and really are going after the business, where as when Gray Line West Vancouver was in operation they didnt seem to go after the business as much as they could have. And the Pink bus sighseeing is a sweet idea, it really will attract tourists and a good marketing idea plus it makes them different from everyone else. I think West Coast Sighseeing will make big waves in Vancouver this year with their tours...!

If anyone is interested, WCS is offering FREE rides on the pink decker today in downtown Vancouver between 10 to 3pm today, starts at Canada Place by Waterfront! Wave if you see the one and only red double decker, because I will be driving that as a training bus!

Dave

• 1 year later...