Niagara Falls Transit

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Will they loose money leasing buses to deal with crowds? Or did they factor that cost into the ticket?

It's not a free ride, they have to purchased the tickets from the terminal.

Is Niagara still using the Classics on weekends and If so on what routes?

If your lucky to see one. I just saw one on 12 for short run as it was heading back to the garage and managed to get a shot of it.

Thanks Dave. So both of these options wind up at the gates of marineland? Both these run at like 10PM when marineland closes?

You still have the Blue Line running after 7pm until 1am.

Do the St.Catharines leased buses run on Sundays???

I believe that they only run on Saturdays and Sundays due to the addition of the GO train service. If you are at the VIA station/bus terminal when a GO train arrives, you are pretty well guaranteed to see all five leased SCT buses.

Kevin

so i was in niagara falls today and look what i found..

i never knew they were getting more leased buses.. or are they purchasing this one from guelph?

also saw SCT 9160 up there now too.. didn't see 9159.. did they do a switch or did niagara get another Orion from St.Catharines leased

DSCN2976.JPG

DSCN2977.JPG

I heard they are privately owned, nothing to do with Niagara Falls Transit.

Interesting though that 141 was parked in the NFT garage lot. When I was there a couple of weeks ago, it was in the Niagara Express lot on Stanley Avenue North. Maybe there is something more to this due to the fact that it is parked in the NFT lot.

I will definitely have to make it to the Falls one weekend to see what buses are used on the Falls Shuttle when a GO train arrives.

Kevin

Interesting though that 141 was parked in the NFT garage lot. When I was there a couple of weeks ago, it was in the Niagara Express lot on Stanley Avenue North. Maybe there is something more to this due to the fact that it is parked in the NFT lot.

I will definitely have to make it to the Falls one weekend to see what buses are used on the Falls Shuttle when a GO train arrives.

Kevin

141 is not owned by NT nor are they leasing it..there was a reason why she was there and it has nothing to do with NT

• 2 weeks later...
I believe that they only run on Saturdays and Sundays due to the addition of the GO train service. If you are at the VIA station/bus terminal when a GO train arrives, you are pretty well guaranteed to see all five leased SCT buses.

Kevin

The 5 that I saw today were 9120, 9160, 9265, 9986, 9988. (EDIT: There is no 9120, so that was a misnumber by me. I will confirm that I saw 3 separate SCT Vs enter the garage beside the terminal though.)

Interesting how they did loading procedures... 9986 was the 1st bus in the line from the VIA station, but they guided everyone to 9265. I heard on the radio they were asking for a wheelchair accessible bus, so that's probably why they let 9986 load later (so any wheelchairs could load onto 9986 first instead of trying to put a wheelchair on a crowded bus).

• 3 weeks later...
No, your wishes didn't happen. Here's the posted I've made earlier: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?s=&showt...st&p=297078

Now 2062 and 63 are the only Orion buses were purchased with no a/c, but during the charter we saw as one of them have a/c. Now I found out that 2062 had retrofitted with a/c sometimes in a year or two and my guess that it had to send back to Orion, to retrofitted with a/c panel. Unfortunately one of the driver told me the a/c isn't working.

Rode 3 of 4 Eldorado EZ-Rider Max. Interesting, they have an LED interior lights and "Stop Requested" lit-up LED backlit as well!

2062 had nice cold A/C when I rode it yesterday and today. (Thurs/Fri).

DSCF5501.JPG 2062

DSCF5579.JPG 2062

DSCF5576.JPG

2062 inside

• 3 weeks later...

The Classics are hanging around still.. although most of them (Classics) are on hold and can't go out for reason unknown to the Supervisor

he said Niagara is very short on Buses right now so he doesn't think anything will be getting retired anytime soon

• 2 weeks later...

well the day has come.. after years of sitting in NT yard.. 8833 was scrapped today, i was there taking pictures and then I saw the towtruck come.. so i asked if i could take some things from it.. got the okay.. and then followed it to the scrapyard where it lays now next to NT 9039 and 9041 and 3 Burlington Classics

and incase you were wondering 9040 is not going to be scrapped for awhile.. not until 9038 is gone which i'm told will be another year or two

DSCN5503.JPG

DSCN5508.JPG

well the day has come.. after years of sitting in NT yard.. 8833 was scrapped today, i was there taking pictures and then I saw the towtruck come.. so i asked if i could take some things from it.. got the okay.. and then followed it to the scrapyard where it lays now next to NT 9039 and 9041 and 3 Burlington Classics

and incase you were wondering 9040 is not going to be scrapped for awhile.. not until 9038 is gone which i'm told will be another year or two

Where is this scrapyard located? I'm thinking of paying a visit if its nearby..