2007 Orion V Suburban DETAIL PREVIEW

Alright, thanks.

It seems that they went to ZF because the B500R will not fit with the Cummins ISM, but they may have the ISL this time.

What do you mean the Cummins ISM does not fit with a B500R?

What about all the D60LFR's that Calgary and Vancouver have got with Cummins ISM and Allison B500R?

Does it have an Electric Starter or Air Starter?

Electric starter, Vancouver buses do shutoff during break every time.

What do you mean the Cummins ISM does not fit with a B500R?

What about all the D60LFR's that Calgary and Vancouver have got with Cummins ISM and Allison B500R?

That's NFI, they have resources to accomodate customer benefit.

If that was Orion, well, limited benefit available.

Electric starter, Vancouver buses do shutoff during break every time.

So do TTC buses, and a lot of them have air starters...

That's NFI, they have resources to accomodate customer benefit.

If that was Orion, well, limited benefit available.

By "resources", do you perhaps mean an overly large rear...?

The TTC buses now using electric start starting the Orion VII. I don't recall Translink buses have air starter.

Whatever the engineering can do, they have to yeah, extended with structure work without much of changing else.

The TTC buses now using electric start starting the Orion VII. I don't recall Translink buses have air starter.

Whatever the engineering can do, they have to yeah, extended with structure work without much of changing else.

Right, thank you for the clarification on that original remark, makes sense to me now.

everything in the ttc built after the 7300 D40LFs have electric start, and the 7300s themselves are being retrofitted as they're being overhauled this year.

everything previous have ingersoll-rand air starters, with the exception of the ex-CNG 9400 orion 5s, and the now retired 9200 CNG orion 6s, both of which are(were) electric start equipped since new.

I've spoken to Orion rep. about the V general model, he told me the engine they offered are Cummins ISL as the ISM didn't pass the emission (utterly BS). My guess that they may have went to more of Transit engine rather than the motorcoach engine. So it will be ISL for new Orion V sub.

However, as they said with plans by 2010 which is the next emission upgrade standard, they will most likely phased out the V!

I've spoken to Orion rep. about the V general model, he told me the engine they offered are Cummins ISL as the ISM didn't pass the emission (utterly BS). My guess that they may have went to more of Transit engine rather than the motorcoach engine. So it will be ISL for new Orion V sub.

As your opinion, that's let me to reconize that Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 double decker were switched to provide ISL engine instead ISM (Because Cummins ISM cannot passed the requirement of Euro 4 emission standard, therefore Alexander Dennis provided Cummins ISL engine, currently Hong Kong Citybus and NWFB are using ISL engine for their Enviro 500s), apparently the same story with Orion V~~

As your opinion, that's let me to reconize that Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 double decker were switched to provide ISL engine instead ISM (Because Cummins ISM cannot passed the requirement of Euro 4 emission standard, therefore Alexander Dennis provided Cummins ISL engine, currently Hong Kong Citybus and NWFB are using ISL engine for their Enviro 500s), apparently the same story with Orion V~~

The Cummins ISM meets EPA 2007 standards, however. So I'm thinking if these Vs indeed have the Cummins ISL, it was chosen to accomodate the EPA 2007 standards because the V needs to have certain components.

The Cummins ISM meets EPA 2007 standards, however. So I'm thinking if these Vs indeed have the Cummins ISL, it was chosen to accomodate the EPA 2007 standards because the V needs to have certain components.

Your in right spot and with some similarities. I've spoken to the VanHool rep. about their order status and their AG300 powertrain, at first around in 2002 to end of 03, they were originally have Cummins ISL-330 like what RTL have until they've lost the emission test. So they've went to ISM-330 that passed the emission standard until in the 2007, they've went back to ISL-330 and told me it will be one major standard and they want to keep it the way it is. VIVA have ordered another 11 AG300 and they will have Cummins ISL this time.

There's a busfan site for HK buses that states the CTB/NWFB/MTR Enviro 500s uses ISM-E. Only KMB's ATEU1 uses ISL-E.

Which side did you get your info from?

There's a busfan site for HK buses that states the CTB/NWFB/MTR Enviro 500s uses ISM-E. Only KMB's ATEU1 uses ISL-E.

Which side did you get your info from?

Apparently those Enviro 500 in CTB, NWFB and MTR are using ISLe4 engine, those info from the forum, it's comfirmed~~

R9279 and R9282 made it out on the road today and both were assigned on revenue runs! Both myself and George spotted and rode R9279 on 351, and by myself I spotted R9282 and also had a chance to ride on that brand new bus!

R9279 (351 Crescent Beach)

http://www.trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p49808541.html

R9279 (351 Vancouver)

http://www.trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p49808536.html

R9282 (496 Railway)

http://www.trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p49808537.html

One more photo of R9282:

http://www.trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p49808538.html

For one thing.........it's definitely powered by an ISM engine, and not an ISL

Enjoy! Videos comin' up later on!

Dave

For one thing.........it's definitely powered by an ISM engine, and not an ISL

Enjoy! Videos comin' up later on!

Dave

When you get a chance, look on the pass. side inside the engine grille, there's a engine model badge placed on the side usually to determined it. If so, either Translink requested to have ISM or Orion's last ISM offer before going to ISL.

As promised..........videos!

Video 1: Highway action / view from exterior:

Video 2: Urban stop-and-go-traffic / interior detail walkthrough / interview with driver who was very keen to get in front of the camera and tell the world what he thinks about the new Orion V! :lol:

Enjoy!

Dave

As promised..........videos!

Video 1: Highway action / view from exterior:

Video 2: Urban stop-and-go-traffic / interior detail walkthrough / interview with driver who was very keen to get in front of the camera and tell the world what he thinks about the new Orion V! :lol:

Enjoy!

Dave

Nice; hearing the acceleration tells me it's 95% ISM since it sounds like the YRT/BT 01-03 Vs.

R9278 on a 602

http://trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p49914755.html

R9279 also on a 602

http://trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p49914757.html

and then R9282 on a 351, taken at South Surrey Park n' Ride in the sunlight

http://trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p49914756.html

Now I have a few things to mention, 9278 and 9279 have different ways of displaying "602 TSAWWASSEN HEIGHTS" ones does it as two separate scrolls, the other as one shorter abbreviated message. Also when the new Orions change sign messages the luminator sign goes all pixalated, it's hard to explain but I'll try to get a photo of what I mean later.

So now that everyone has had a chance to see the new scheme in the sun and in the rain what does everyone think of it?

A Chris Cassidy Original Report

Now I have a few things to mention, 9278 and 9279 have different ways of displaying "602 TSAWWASSEN HEIGHTS" ones does it as two separate scrolls, the other as one shorter abbreviated message.

Old vs. new sign programming. It's exactly the same with the older buses with BALIOS signs as well - the original program spelled out "TSAWWASSEN" in full, but when the signs were reprogrammed, the sign was changed to read "602 TSAWW. HTS". The same was done with the 620 as well.

Although I think the sign scrolling may be unique to the Luminators, because when 9279 was signed up as 351 last week, it read "351 CRESCENT / BEACH".