CITSO

Mystic

Probably maintenance. I didn't see it today either. Or it could be getting it's new farebox. 847 seems to be the first to get everything, one of the first to get the farebox wiring, and one of the first to get the the new number scheme.

Also note that as of today, there are no longer any original CITSO Metropolitain numbered buses. I rode 859 tonight and it was given a full Transdev Livery with new numbers around the bus (except rear and interior). 857 has been converted recently as well. So 859 must have been changed some time yesterday or early today since it was still 859 Monday night.

Does the LFS have the same Transdev logos as the Orion V's or is it a little different?

Well I don't think it has the planet earth and silly slogans I think it just says TRANSDEV and has the big T at the end.

The LFSes just had Metropolitain peeled off, and they put the word Transdev on the side near the driver's window, and left the CITSO logo near the back. The rest is white. So it looks really plain, even if it was just blue writing before, now it looks like an STM early 29 series without the chevrons.

• 2 weeks later...
A certain someone who lives in Chateauguay will be very happy to hear that :P!

Long live 847 ;)!

Indeed I am!

Thank you for the sighting SMS.

It has changed its routing, which is why we don't see it anymore. For the last year or so it would have been found on the 23 then returned to take a 24 and then HLP'd to the garage. Now it's seen on a 27. Interesssting... Now I know where to look for it.

BTW, I got a pic of it, sort of. So I know it's back now too. :)

The 27 is only AM PM right? So this means the only way to find 847 now is monday to friday rush hours only I guess? I havn't seen 847 in the longest time and I really want to get a pic of it in the new Transdev livery now that it's repainted.

Yes, 27 only runs AM/PM, but I haven't seen this bus operate in the AM in over a year now. Back when the 849 would pass near my house every morning, until it was retired, then it was 851 and then it was 847 passing by every morning. So it was certainly a driver who appreciated Classics. I'm not sure who operates it now, but it probably is the same guy who drove the 23/24 a few weeks ago, took the bus with him to his new schedule.

It's probably too dark now to get pics of it, unless you're at Angrignon and have a place to make a still shot in the dark.

847 for the last while has only been doing 2 departures in the afternoon rush hour, so I assume this is still the case, now we know it's on the 27, we have to find out what the other departure (if there is another one) it does during rush hour so we can follow it.

I was looking at some CITSO pictures and it looks as if they're registered to operate in Ontario. Group transport to the Cornwall Orion II Tripper? :)

They are registered to travel to the USA as well. They would insist that long distance charters should be operated with a coach. As for Cornwall, it's cheaper to drive.

I stopped by the AMT Billetterie Metropolitaine at TCV today and asked for a TRAM pass holder, and to my surprise was handed a CITSO pass holder!

Just thought I should mention that.

Interesting, guess they have an overstock of them right now since the new smart cards probably aren't the same size.

As for sightings today, I saw the usual, plus I saw 847 on the highway around 7:30am, and then again near Zellers at 5:30pm!

So it's out there, just have to find out exactly when it runs!

Gestrans will be getting involved with CITSO.

Source: Le Soleil de Chateauguay

Chateauguay City Council last Tuesday hired a company to analyze the public transport system being offered by CITSO.

"We have received an enormous number of complaints concerning public transport," said Mayoress Nathalie Simon at last Tuesday's final Council meeting of the year. "There is a lot to do in order to improve the service. We want to know if there is a way of doing it better for less money."

CITSO serves Chateauguay, Léry, Beauharnois and Valleyfield. These towns are often in disagreement regarding the sharing of costs and subsidies, according to Simon. One of the goals of the study is to establish clear and precise rules, she maintained.

The Gestrans society affiliated with Dessau was awarded the contract for the study. Formerly known as Transidev, the St-Jean-sur-Richlieu-baswed company already numbers several public transport services on the south shore among its clients. These notably include the CIT Roussillon from the St-Constant area, and the CIT Le Richelain situated in La Prairie.

Interesting, guess they have an overstock of them right now since the new smart cards probably aren't the same size.

As for sightings today, I saw the usual, plus I saw 847 on the highway around 7:30am, and then again near Zellers at 5:30pm!

So it's out there, just have to find out exactly when it runs!

It's on the 27 because I rode it last night to confirm. It seems to be running OK. Steve mentioned that this is the only Classic in Transdev Limocar livery. I don't know if 858 was like this before being shipped off to CITL so perhaps that bus will get the SURF special treatment. We'd have to go to Gare Ste-Therese to find that out. It was somewhat difficult to get back to Angrignon though. The first available 31 was a cutaway, and the next one (the bus I rode the other day, 857), was at least 10-15 mins late because of bridge traffic. With all the deadheads heading back to Montreal during the afternoon peak, it is ridiculous to depend on the 31/32 as the sole means to return to Angrignon.

It's on the 27 because I rode it last night to confirm. It seems to be running OK. Steve mentioned that this is the only Classic in Transdev Limocar livery. I don't know if 858 was like this before being shipped off to CITL so perhaps that bus will get the SURF special treatment. We'd have to go to Gare Ste-Therese to find that out. It was somewhat difficult to get back to Angrignon though. The first available 31 was a cutaway, and the next one (the bus I rode the other day, 857), was at least 10-15 mins late because of bridge traffic. With all the deadheads heading back to Montreal during the afternoon peak, it is ridiculous to depend on the 31/32 as the sole means to return to Angrignon.

I see we're not the only ones finding CITSO service is appalling. Since they made changes on November 26th, nobody knows exactly when or where the bus will pick up.

I can only imagine it's because too many people were complaining about the buses being late all the time, now they decided to run whenever they feel like it so that people can't complain about a bus being late or not.

I rode #711 (wtv the new number is) for a 9:30pm departure, but it was not listed ANYWHERE. The departure was supposed to be at 9:15 or 9:40 but we left at 9:30 (following the old schedule, and it was a coach and not a cutaway or transit bus).

Also the bus that I usually get outside my store that had passed on time according to its new schedule for about 3 days, then it started coming 10-15 minutes late again. So now it's even later than before, and the previous bus that was supposed to come at :05 now arrives at :59 so I miss it by 5 minutes!

We also have issues of buses being overfilled and others being empty. I still enjoy riding private transit rides from Chateauguay to Montreal all alone. I'm sure my TRAM doesn't even cover the fuel costs to bring this bus to and from Chateauguay if it's only me riding on it. I seem to be the only one being able to pick up on these "secret" departures and take advantage of them. The service is infact better than they are letting on, but they need to let people know about all this extra service, or people will still cram onto SRO departures.

As for 847, I'd love to see it get a fresh coat of paint, it really deserves it, and it'll make it look 1000x cleaner and last longer!

CITSO Fail!

Alex

Hahaha! Boy they're having a rough time.

It really doesn't instill confidence in them, but it does show that by removing the schedules from the bus stops, and by changing bus departures to random odd times throughout the day, and not listing all of their departures, it creates a demand for the site, which wasn't able to handle it... And it was only HTML files, what kind of bandwidth restrictions would they have to worry about?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away the last week and a half, but I'm back, for the time being. I was involved in a little incident with a CITSO bus on December 28th, 2009.

I saw my bus arriving so I flagged it down, she stopped and waited for me at the stop, I crossed the street and onto the sidewalk, and turned to board the bus, and I must have hit some really slippery black ice. I slipped and fell onto the ground. I really thought nothing of it, since I didn't feel any pain, I felt mostly embarrassed. So I tried to get up, and I fell right back down, I couldn't even get up!!! I then started to freak out! The driver put the bus in park and climbed down the stairs to give me a hand, I managed to climb onto the stairs, and then looked at my left foot, and realized that it was pointing in the WRONG DIRECTION!!! The driver asked if I needed an ambulance, and after looking at my foot, I said ofcourse.

The dispatcher came on and said it would take atleast 20 minutes and it would be inconvenient or something along those lines, things were pretty blurry by then, by this time a second bus pulled up behind. I was on the 23, (rush hour bus) and the bus behind was a 32. Since the bus I was in was scheduled to end the route at the hospital (how convenient), I said look, how about I just ride to the end of the line at the hospital, and she was like fine, and the driver of the second bus told everyone to get off the bus we'd make an express run to the hospital.

People on the bus infact grumbled about getting off and asking how they would get to their destination on the 32, she explained to get a mini-bus at the mall and take the 33 to their stop. 2 people outright refused to get off, and so we made two stops along the way to the hospital and made several short turns to skip the traffic and took the highway the rest of the way to the hospital.

We pulled up to the front entrance of the hospital, and we parked just past the regular stop just before the loop to enter the hospital, and the driver parked the bus and she ran inside and brought out a wheelchair and physically lifted me up (!) and carried me down the stairs and into the chair and drove me into the hospital!

We signed in and I waited to be looked at the triage section, and I thanked her so much, and apologized for making her late for her next departure, and she said, `I don`t care, I just have the Kahnawake run after and nobody usually rides that departure anyhow`. I thanked her again, she was really so nice!

I`m not sure what else I could have done, I was pretty much a dead-weight and couldn`t even walk! Anyhow, jump to the 7th of January, I`m still in a temporary cast, and awaiting more x-rays and an appointment for a surgery since it appears I shattered my ankle and nothing can be supported anymore on it, until it`s fixed. It could take me 3-6 months to get back to normal walking again!

So, the last bus I was on was on December 28th, 2009. And it was CITSO #855, thankfully I had a nice driver who was able to help me out...

Whoa! Hope you make a speedy recovery. You were lucky in your bad luck... You should call CITSO or Transdev to tell them to give her a commendation or something. You had a real angel of mercy on that bus. Shame on those grumblers who didn't want to get off...

I've been away the last week and a half, but I'm back, for the time being. I was involved in a little incident with a CITSO bus on December 28th, 2009.

I saw my bus arriving so I flagged it down, she stopped and waited for me at the stop, I crossed the street and onto the sidewalk, and turned to board the bus, and I must have hit some really slippery black ice. I slipped and fell onto the ground. I really thought nothing of it, since I didn't feel any pain, I felt mostly embarrassed. So I tried to get up, and I fell right back down, I couldn't even get up!!! I then started to freak out! The driver put the bus in park and climbed down the stairs to give me a hand, I managed to climb onto the stairs, and then looked at my left foot, and realized that it was pointing in the WRONG DIRECTION!!! The driver asked if I needed an ambulance, and after looking at my foot, I said ofcourse.

The dispatcher came on and said it would take atleast 20 minutes and it would be inconvenient or something along those lines, things were pretty blurry by then, by this time a second bus pulled up behind. I was on the 23, (rush hour bus) and the bus behind was a 32. Since the bus I was in was scheduled to end the route at the hospital (how convenient), I said look, how about I just ride to the end of the line at the hospital, and she was like fine, and the driver of the second bus told everyone to get off the bus we'd make an express run to the hospital.

People on the bus infact grumbled about getting off and asking how they would get to their destination on the 32, she explained to get a mini-bus at the mall and take the 33 to their stop. 2 people outright refused to get off, and so we made two stops along the way to the hospital and made several short turns to skip the traffic and took the highway the rest of the way to the hospital.

We pulled up to the front entrance of the hospital, and we parked just past the regular stop just before the loop to enter the hospital, and the driver parked the bus and she ran inside and brought out a wheelchair and physically lifted me up (!) and carried me down the stairs and into the chair and drove me into the hospital!

We signed in and I waited to be looked at the triage section, and I thanked her so much, and apologized for making her late for her next departure, and she said, `I don`t care, I just have the Kahnawake run after and nobody usually rides that departure anyhow`. I thanked her again, she was really so nice!

I`m not sure what else I could have done, I was pretty much a dead-weight and couldn`t even walk! Anyhow, jump to the 7th of January, I`m still in a temporary cast, and awaiting more x-rays and an appointment for a surgery since it appears I shattered my ankle and nothing can be supported anymore on it, until it`s fixed. It could take me 3-6 months to get back to normal walking again!

So, the last bus I was on was on December 28th, 2009. And it was CITSO #855, thankfully I had a nice driver who was able to help me out...

sorry to hear, hope you get better and recover fast. Your lucky you had that nice driver to help you out

Bad luck strikes sometimes, but, I hope you'll recover fast enough to go Busfanning! :lol: And like the poster before me said, you we're very lucky to get a lift, by that driver! <_<