CITSO

Mystic

Spotted CITSO 854 at the Autobus Préférence garage in Sainte-Therese this afternoon.

Alex

Really? Hmm, maybe they went over in 854 with a bunch of drivers to pick up a few rental coaches for a charter?

You'd think their fleet was large enough to handle this on their own though, also it's kind of far from home if 854 needed mechanical work and the Preference garage had the equipment. Anybody else have any idea what it might be there?

BTW: I saw 847 heading down St-Francis near Zellers around 3:30pm.

• 2 weeks later...

PM rush

Got on the first outbound 28 of the afternoon, 719. Took 70 mins from Rene-Levesque and de la Montagne all the way to the CHAT transfer point. Unacceptable! I was so bored and so unsatisfied with the detour that the driver took (he drove us into more traffic), that I fell asleep at Turcot and woke up at the Chateauguay town line.

The 31 was understandably late by 15 mins, this was 709 and looked and felt very beat up.

Our buddy 847 was active on the 23.

Thanks kellergraham!

PM rush

Got on the first outbound 28 of the afternoon, 719. Took 70 mins from Rene-Levesque and de la Montagne all the way to the CHAT transfer point. Unacceptable! I was so bored and so unsatisfied with the detour that the driver took (he drove us into more traffic), that I fell asleep at Turcot and woke up at the Chateauguay town line.

The 31 was understandably late by 15 mins, this was 709 and looked and felt very beat up.

Thanks kellergraham!

That's strange it took so long. But I think the DLM entrance is blocked now.

And usually they detour through Verdun and Lasalle Blvd down Airlie to the Mercier Bridge if there is too much traffic. Takes a while, but you're always moving.

Sighting: #847 - Just after 5 infront of Zellers. (Like clockwork).

I rode this because I wanted some bragging rights about having taken CITSO 28, maybe I would have been better off taking CITHSL. LuLa entrance to 720 was temporarily blocked thanks to some idiot and a towing operation was in effect. So we took the worst possible route to get to Turcot: via St-Antoine, right into a bottleneck in the middle of St-Henri, then south on du Couvent, west on Notre-Dame and then we joined the 20 right into more traffic! At this point I was no longer interested in how we got to Chateauguay so I fell asleep. I like the concept of the 28 as a one seat ride to and from downtown, and a lot of people were using CITSO passes and not TRAMs. I counted no less than 57 people aboard and there were even a few standees. Some people at the PVM and Square Victoria stops were left in the dust. I guess that's what happens when you ride the first 28 (I rode the first real one, not the 28sp). This wasn't a new driver, it was an older man driving but who knows, he could have been a noob too. All the regulars seemed to know him too. If I was the driver, I would have gone left on Atwater to St Patrick and then gone all the way and found a way to the Airlie ramp. Anyway Pierre are you thinking of de la Verendrye?? LaSalle Blvd is no good!

Also on the buses CITSO is distributing pamphlets about the new fare card system but CITSO is holding onto magnetic TRAMs until the bitter end so STM is forced to keep the turnstiles... whalalala

PM rush

Thanks kellergraham!

You're very welcome.

Alex

Toronto -- Rode two fishbowls and saw a PCC Streetcar (see appropriate thread for pictures).

I counted no less than 57 people aboard and there were even a few standees.

I remember once taking the 28 shortly after the expulsion, the last few people getting on at Square Victoria were standing, and someone yelled out "Ya du monde debout!"

Also on the buses CITSO is distributing pamphlets about the new fare card system but CITSO is holding onto magnetic TRAMs until the bitter end so STM is forced to keep the turnstiles... whalalala

Did you get one?

TRAM magnetic passes 4 to 8 should still be available until December (why Zone 4?? Richelain and Presqu'Ile have OPUS!)

Alex

Anyway Pierre are you thinking of de la Verendrye?? LaSalle Blvd is no good!

A few times we did the length of Wellington from Griffintown to Verdun then took Lasalle Blvd, then went to de la Verendrye after the 61 terminus. Also, it's long to go down the length of Notre-Dame, but that was another option, and another time we took the 720, got off and went down St-Patrick and drove the length to Airlie and the down ramp to the bridge. I suppose the CITSO alternative routes are up to the driver, because I had a driver too that was stubborn and got stuck in traffic for over 45 minutes while the departure 20 minutes after us arrived the same time as us to the park and ride in Chateauguay.

I guess I'll be sticking with my ride on the metro to Angrignon when traffic will be an issue and take a regular rush hour bus from there.

That's good for us, since most people out here don't seem to know anything about the OPUS system, especially the depanneur owners who though I was crazy when I asked if I was still able to get a Tram and they said ofcourse. And I said, oohkay..

Alex, yes I got CITSO swag! I am sure they are readily available on the coaches.

Anyway I'm not planning to take 28 anytime soon, even if they shove the Trannie on it. On Friday though I saw a cutaway on the Ville-Marie for the 28! Didn't notice standees but I guess this was an extra from the park and ride (perhaps overflow from a coach?)

Alex, yes I got CITSO swag! I am sure they are readily available on the coaches.

Anyway I'm not planning to take 28 anytime soon, even if they shove the Trannie on it. On Friday though I saw a cutaway on the Ville-Marie for the 28! Didn't notice standees but I guess this was an extra from the park and ride (perhaps overflow from a coach?)

I got the paper too about OPUS coming this fall.

That farebox looks like an ancient farebox but with a screen and reader. :D

I remember now, this is the system that CITSO opted for last year but the AMT refused to make it compatible with their OPUS readers. I guess now that crunch time is here, the AMT needed to make a decision to keep the transition on schedule.

So we're going to get OPUS readers now on our buses.

There is a 1 & 28 stop right outside my dad's office building (800 Rene-Levesque W.), so I was able to catch some CITSO action while waiting for him after I got off work today. Here's what I saw.

1: 725

28: 720, 716, 708, 719 (in that order)

?: 758 - May have been out of service, as it drove by the stop empty and did not pick anyone up.

Not sure if this is really news or not, but the tin can farebox in 858 has now been replaced with a real genuine CITSO farebox. (funny since they will have to switch out in a few months to the new scam card reader).

Not sure if this is really news or not, but the tin can farebox in 858 has now been replaced with a real genuine CITSO farebox. (funny since they will have to switch out in a few months to the new scam card reader).

And speaking of that, it should be funny to see those giant massive electronic fareboxes in the minibuses we have. It'll block the entrance way, and how the heck do they plan on installing these in coaches that barely fit the CITSO mini fareboxes?

I rode this because I wanted some bragging rights about having taken CITSO 28, maybe I would have been better off taking CITHSL. LuLa entrance to 720 was temporarily blocked thanks to some idiot and a towing operation was in effect. So we took the worst possible route to get to Turcot: via St-Antoine, right into a bottleneck in the middle of St-Henri, then south on du Couvent, west on Notre-Dame and then we joined the 20 right into more traffic! At this point I was no longer interested in how we got to Chateauguay so I fell asleep. I like the concept of the 28 as a one seat ride to and from downtown, and a lot of people were using CITSO passes and not TRAMs. I counted no less than 57 people aboard and there were even a few standees. Some people at the PVM and Square Victoria stops were left in the dust. I guess that's what happens when you ride the first 28 (I rode the first real one, not the 28sp). This wasn't a new driver, it was an older man driving but who knows, he could have been a noob too. All the regulars seemed to know him too. If I was the driver, I would have gone left on Atwater to St Patrick and then gone all the way and found a way to the Airlie ramp. Anyway Pierre are you thinking of de la Verendrye?? LaSalle Blvd is no good!

I have yet to experience the 28 'post-expulsion'. I was aboard the last regular 28 departure (not the 28-24 special), out of TCV. That day was bad for traffic as well, we were caught in jam all the way along our routing which DLM->GUY->DORCHESTER. I cannot recall if there was traffic on the 720/220 afterwards, but I didn't fall asleep since I was enjoying the coach ride.

There are many good detours that one could take to avoid the gridlock on the Autoroute, it's too bad your driver was not knowledgeable in that respect.

Did you get one?

TRAM magnetic passes 4 to 8 should still be available until December (why Zone 4?? Richelain and Presqu'Ile have OPUS!)

I wondered the same thing. Don't understand why they don't just start it at 5. I speculate this is because no CIT is within ZONE 3, and they just want to keep it the same for all CIT's rather than having say a CIT where some people can purchase a TRAM 5 on a magnetic card, but can't do the same for a TRAM 4.

That makes sense.

Something like that was onboard the buses, but they also had pamphlets in both broken English and French.

"Borken English" should become an official language, since it used just as often as 'poor french' in this province.

VERY NICE! :D

I remember now, this is the system that CITSO opted for last year but the AMT refused to make it compatible with their OPUS readers. I guess now that crunch time is here, the AMT needed to make a decision to keep the transition on schedule.

So we're going to get OPUS readers now on our buses.

Well, since CITVR released their info touting their ITSMAX boxes a couple of months ago, I'm not all that surprised that CITSO had also gotten their way!

And speaking of that, it should be funny to see those giant massive electronic fareboxes in the minibuses we have. It'll block the entrance way, and how the heck do they plan on installing these in coaches that barely fit the CITSO mini fareboxes?

Sure! I find that interesting. I've used that tin can box before, and the slot was barely wide enough to fit a coin. Felt like making a donation to a charity in one of those cans at the grocery check-out line.

Sure! I find that interesting. I've used that tin can box before, and the slot was barely wide enough to fit a coin. Felt like making a donation to a charity in one of those cans at the grocery check-out line.

Oh I can't wait to see this! Same reason why the STM has held of on installation in their own minibuses (including the numerous 251 runners) for so long now.

And coaches, oh boy, this is gonna be fun. Especially since ITSMAX ain't no MINI farebox! ;)

There are some good things regarding these new electronic fareboxes. People will be able to pay cash and get their change back, and the driver will be able to issue smart cards in the future.

Let's be clear, he wont be issuing any OPUS cards or anything, but he will be able to issue a disposable smart card.

Why they are calling it a smart card, I do not know, it's really just he "Electronic/Wallet"/Transfer card. And this must be dunked into a slot anyways, so IMO it's not really a CAP (carte a puce). I have my doubts as to whether it's really a chip embedded or not also!

Has anyone tried one of these puppies out aboard CITVR yet?

Let's be clear, he wont be issuing any OPUS cards or anything, but he will be able to issue a disposable smart card.

Why they are calling it a smart card, I do not know, it's really just he "Electronic/Wallet"/Transfer card. And this must be dunked into a slot anyways, so IMO it's not really a CAP (carte a puce). I have my doubts as to whether it's really a chip embedded or not also!

Has anyone tried one of these puppies out aboard CITVR yet?

If he issues it and we put it in the box, then it's exactly the same as the current system is supposed to work, but the driver has done it for us all along.

We pay a fare, and the driver takes a ticket and puts it in the box.

You should have read the other things that this system is/was supposed to perform. You are theoretically able to pay your fare with a credit card onboard the bus and then pay your monthly pass. And there was an option for an interac pinpad. Now how are you supposed to drive and pickup passengers with all these extra gadgets holding up the line. The driver is not a sales kiosk!

And speaking of sales kiosks, I wonder what it will look like for us, or perhaps it won't be anything and we'll have to go to our local depanneur for all this, since we really don't have a full sized terminal in Chateauguay, and no real cover either for an electronic box to buy your tickets or recharge your opus at. Unless they install one in the mall entrance?

847 still alive boyos! I saw it at Angrignon. I'm sorry that I don't have much more details. But any sighting is better than no sighting. I also noticed that the rear Priority sticker was peeling off. This was at PM rush. I doubt we will see this bus anywhere but Angrignon-Chateauguay. It will never come downtown.

847 still alive boyos! I saw it at Angrignon. I'm sorry that I don't have much more details. But any sighting is better than no sighting. I also noticed that the rear Priority sticker was peeling off. This was at PM rush. I doubt we will see this bus anywhere but Angrignon-Chateauguay. It will never come downtown.

There's always a chance it will serve downtown, but not this board period, since it's pretty content doing early morning rush hour, pre-afternoon rush hour and evening rush hour service. I saw it today on the 31 at 2:50pm. (2:30pm departure from Angrignon). And I saw 858 around 2:15pm coming from the garage signed up as 28 this afternoon, most likely going for the first 28 departure downtown.

CITSO ROUTE CHANGES (1, 20, 28) AS OF JULY 6TH:

From Le Soleil de Valleyfield

http://www.flippage.ca/flipjournal/LSV/200.../pdf/lsv_22.pdf

Highlights:

06:25 Route 20 to Angrignon: Canceled

06:52 Route 28 to Montreal: Canceled

17:20 Route 1 to Valleyfield: Canceled

They say there's a new departure on the Valleyfield route in AM rush, but according to my archived schedules, it already exists and has since at least 2006.

<rant>

WAKE UP CITSO!!!! While other CITs are adding service, CITSO is cutting service! And this at the beginning of major road work in the area?

</rant>

Alex

If he issues it and we put it in the box, then it's exactly the same as the current system is supposed to work, but the driver has done it for us all along.

We pay a fare, and the driver takes a ticket and puts it in the box.

You should have read the other things that this system is/was supposed to perform. You are theoretically able to pay your fare with a credit card onboard the bus and then pay your monthly pass. And there was an option for an interac pinpad. Now how are you supposed to drive and pickup passengers with all these extra gadgets holding up the line. The driver is not a sales kiosk!

And speaking of sales kiosks, I wonder what it will look like for us, or perhaps it won't be anything and we'll have to go to our local depanneur for all this, since we really don't have a full sized terminal in Chateauguay, and no real cover either for an electronic box to buy your tickets or recharge your opus at. Unless they install one in the mall entrance?

Not really. For a transfer, the machine will issue it once he pushed the correct buttons, and I assume this will be the same for the change cards. I can't see how this would be automatic, because if you wish to pay for two fares, the machine would automatically spit out a card once you over pay the first fare. And I doubt it will be STM style with the transfers automatically dispensing after full fare payment, as not everyone needs a transfer!

CITSO ROUTE CHANGES (1, 20, 28) AS OF JULY 6TH:

From Le Soleil de Valleyfield

http://www.flippage.ca/flipjournal/LSV/200.../pdf/lsv_22.pdf

Highlights:

06:25 Route 20 to Angrignon: Canceled

06:52 Route 28 to Montreal: Canceled

17:20 Route 1 to Valleyfield: Canceled

They say there's a new departure on the Valleyfield route in AM rush, but according to my archived schedules, it already exists and has since at least 2006.

<rant>

WAKE UP CITSO!!!! While other CITs are adding service, CITSO is cutting service! And this at the beginning of major road work in the area?

</rant>

Alex

Cheap, just cheap. In this day an age, there are very little excuses to cut service. But I guess, CITSO will be CITSO.

Not really. For a transfer, the machine will issue it once he pushed the correct buttons, and I assume this will be the same for the change cards. I can't see how this would be automatic, because if you wish to pay for two fares, the machine would automatically spit out a card once you over pay the first fare. And I doubt it will be STM style with the transfers automatically dispensing after full fare payment, as not everyone needs a transfer!

Cheap, just cheap. In this day an age, there are very little excuses to cut service. But I guess, CITSO will be CITSO.

This is very disappointing, the least they could do would be to provide cutaway service for these departures for those that do ride.

I would also like to note that the 20SP was a very prominent route for users of the 23, since the 23 would always arrived packed to capacity from the west end of Chateauguay and the 20SP would pick up the slack, and drop people off at the park-and-ride and take them directly to Angrignon afterwards.