CITSO

Mystic

I thought 8:30 pm was awfully early for that type of thing but the sun is setting earlier indeed... most times I've passed by that intersection, I've seen this type of thing the minority of the time believe it or not!

I guess you didn't see the CITSO charter bus at your gala eh Steve?

No dice..

I was on a CITSO coach on Friday and noticed that they have already started the wiring for OPUS.

I did notice something though, they appear to be only be putting the farebox where the current one is, and the opus reader above the door when you enter. (Is that possible?)

I was only following the way the wiring was hooked up.

Here's a photo, you be the judge:

CITSO_714_092409_01.jpg

CITSO_714_092409_01a.jpgCITSO_714_092409_01b.jpg

I don't think that's the OPUS reader, I think it's the people counter. CITVR has them too.

You're probably right. It would be a leap of faith to think technology is advanced enough to detect someone when they board the bus. hehehe. I remember the STM had similar ambitions and said that they would have a system that would detect your smart card even if it was still in your pocket... Oh well. I think though the new system that CITSO we'll get will be able to scan your wallet, since they appear to have the OPUS reader at waist level, rather than chest level.

I had a nice ride on 847 today, well worth the wait. I had finished work and it was raining so hard I decided to wait for the next bus to pass, and thankfully it was 847!

I was checking out the OPUS wiring they created, and looked at the mileage over the driver's shoulder. 765,250km's. That's not too bad, not sure if it's gone around before, but if that's original mileage than this is probably why they've kept it in service.

• 4 weeks later...

The start of the end of Auger-Metropolitain has officially started showing up on our fleet.

Today I saw 039, 717 and 751 with new liveries.

And there are certainly more to come.

The buses first receive a white wash paint job, then are decalled with the Transdev logo, and a short quote about how buses are better for the environment with a picture of a planet and the CITSO logo just below.

Here's one picture, the rest can be found on my photo gallery:

Mystic's CITSO Gallery

CITSO_751_102609_01.jpg

At the risk of sounding unpopular, I like it. Although I would have preferred they come up with a unique CITSO livery as what is currently done for the three other CITs under Transdev. That just looks like they copy/pasted their Sherbrooke Montreal buses

3355281310_b659966b9e.jpg

They didn't keep the name though which I thought they might.

Transdev Metropolitain (just as they did with Limocar). Just to differentiate the two companies.

I knew they wouldn't use Auger as the name, since he was a person as well as a company and is now gone, and so the company name should be retired, but Metropolitain dates back to the days of Metropolitain Provincial, which has some history to it.

The start of the end of Auger-Metropolitain has officially started showing up on our fleet.

Today I saw 039, 717 and 751 with new liveries.

And there are certainly more to come.

The buses first receive a white wash paint job, then are decalled with the Transdev logo, and a short quote about how buses are better for the environment with a picture of a planet and the CITSO logo just below.

Here's one picture, the rest can be found on my photo gallery:

Mystic's CITSO Gallery

CITSO_751_102609_01.jpg

I actually saw that bus this morning. None of the CITSO transit style buses are in the Transdev livery yet. I wonder if Transdev will bother repainting them.

I actually saw that bus this morning. None of the CITSO transit style buses are in the Transdev livery yet. I wonder if Transdev will bother repainting them.

Not sure about that. I don't think so, since the coaches provide them with extra revenue and can be seen outside the city on charters, so more visibility, and the transit buses aren't really due to be repainted yet, they only date back to 2002-2003. A note though, they did start repainting the cutaways. 039 has the basic Transdev name with CITSO below it, while it seems atleast one other has green and blue wavy line textures, I passed by it too see if it was infact a CISTO cutaway or not, but I saw it in Lasalle so I assume it was ours.

Still left to be seen is new whether new transit buses and coaches will have the famous 888229 type numbering scheme.

Alex

The completely orange bus has no number, and there are two white H3-45's that don't belong to the Auger series, one that's white and one with Transdev Limocar 800228, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm monitoring the 1 and 28 in the central business district.

So far I have seen original livery coaches.

They're all in service today. There are 2 original CITSO buses that were repainted, a bright orange bus and a newer AMT livery Limocar bus. So 4 different ones to spot right now.

I am going nuts about this! The way kellergraham told me over the phone that 847 was no more, I thought it was scrapped!!! ;);) So get your original CITSO numbered bus pics with Metropolitain if applicable ASAP!

I am going nuts about this! The way kellergraham told me over the phone that 847 was no more, I thought it was scrapped!!! :D:P So get your original CITSO numbered bus pics with Metropolitain if applicable ASAP!

Quite a few buses have already been renumbered to long (seemingly nonsensical) Transdev numbers.

Here's the first pic of the "new" 847, now rechristened to #689331

CITSO_689331_110209_01.jpg

Quite a few buses have already been renumbered to long (seemingly nonsensical) Transdev numbers.

Here's the first pic of the "new" 847, now rechristened to #689331

CITSO_689331_110209_01.jpg

Making Sense of Limocar's Numbering scheme (this is NOT a Transdev numbering scheme)

ABBCCD

A - Bus Type

1 = School Bus

2 = School Bus

3 = Low Floor Bus

5 = Minibus

6 = Conventional Bus (High Floor)

8 = Coaches

9 = Flat Nose School Bus

BB - Unit Number

CC - Garage / Division

05 - Montreal / Sherbrooke

21 - CIT Laurentides (Garage Boisbriand)

22 - CIT Roussillon / AMT Express (Garage St-Phillipe)

25 - Mont-Tremblant (Back in the day)

30 - CIT Vallée-du-Richelieu (Garage Beloeil)

31 - CIT Roussillon (before previous LaQuebecoise contract)

33 - CIT Sud-Ouest

D - Year

9 can be 2009, 1999, 1989, etc...

Most of this was taken directly from:

http://www.barraclou.com/bus/limocar/index.html

Alex

Making Sense of Limocar's Numbering scheme (this is NOT a Transdev numbering scheme)

ABBCCD

A - Bus Type

1 = School Bus

2 = School Bus

3 = Low Floor Bus

5 = Minibus

6 = Conventional Bus (High Floor)

8 = Coaches

9 = Flat Nose School Bus

BB - Unit Number

CC - Garage / Division

05 - Montreal / Sherbrooke

21 - CIT Laurentides (Garage Boisbriand)

22 - CIT Roussillon / AMT Express (Garage St-Phillipe)

25 - Mont-Tremblant (Back in the day)

30 - CIT Vallée-du-Richelieu (Garage Beloeil)

31 - CIT Roussillon (before previous LaQuebecoise contract)

33 - CIT Sud-Ouest

D - Year

9 can be 2009, 1999, 1989, etc...

Most of this was taken directly from:

http://www.barraclou.com/bus/limocar/index.html

Alex

Thanks for decoding this. I knew there had to be some sort of science to their madness. But what I really wonder is now where they came up with unit number 89 for this bus, and not just called it 47 instead of 847, and the same for the rest of the fleet? And with the 1 then it must mean they labelled it as a 1991, but this is one more good sign though that this bus is transitioning along with the rest of the fleet, including OPUS farebox installation and all.

The 2005 NovaLFS Suburban #860 now has a side fleet number of 383335 . Which decodes to it being a low floored bus with fleet number 83, CITSO garage and 2005 model year.

But there is one slight flaw in this code.

Like the 754 (or 756, wtv, one of the ones with the cable co. ads) H3-45 is now numbered: 6552501

This is 7 digits! And 01 could possibly mean that this bus is 2001, but it should just be a "1" alone, no? And 25 for the garage number means it was a Mt-Tremblant bus, and not CITSO. And it's listed as a "Conventional Bus" and not a "Coach Bus" Very strange... Perhaps the garage workers are just labelling them whatever they feel like. hehee... no just kidding, but seriously, what does it all mean?

I went out to Angrignon this morning to see what I could see. Most of the transit buses have already been renumbered.

Here's the list I've gathered so far, it will eventually make it to the CIT Sightings page

Auger # >> Limocar #

701 >> 831-33-3

708 // No Limocar Number Yet

710 // No Limocar Number Yet

717 >> 817-33-7

751 >> 851-33-7

755 >> 655-25-01

756 >> 856-33-1

847 >> 689-33-1

852 // No Limocar Number Yet

853 >> 693-33-3

858 >> 698-33-4

859 // No Limocar Number Yet

860 >> 383-33-5

I can assume that the MCI Coaches (720-725) are going to be numbered 82X-33-8

The 85X Transit High Floors will have 69X-33-X

The H3-45 Series will het 85X-33-X

As for 847 being 689 it's quite simple, their most recent acquisition was 687-22-3 a Champion CTE Transit bus for CIT Roussillon. There may be a 688-XX-X somewhere, but no one has seen it. So the next available number is 689. Also, in case anyone was wondering, they do recycle bus numbers.