CITSO

Mystic

Ultra Rare Sightings for:

Saturday, July 4th, 2009

• 847 - MCI Classic on the 31.

• 858 - ex-GM Classic on the 32. (With half of the seats and farebox which all appear to have been from 851 sadly...)
  • 859 - LFS on the 15 minute departures.
  • 753 - H3-45 on the 45 minute departures.
  • 852 - on the 33 Local route!
  • 853 - in the evening for service every hour on the 30 minute mark. (Rode the 1:30am home).

And get this: No cutaways!

Full service every 15 minutes Saturday afternoon, now that's service. A shame they're cutting back on some of their departures and removing the Kahnawake stops in August.

Ultra Rare Sightings for:

Saturday, July 4th, 2009

• 847 - MCI Classic on the 31.
  • 858 - ex-GM Classic on the 32. (With half of the seats and farebox which all appear to have been from 851 sadly...)
  • 859 - LFS on the 15 minute departures.
  • 753 - H3-45 on the 45 minute departures.
  • 852 - on the 33 Local route!
  • 853 - in the evening for service every hour on the 30 minute mark. (Rode the 1:30am home).

And get this: No cutaways!

ULTRA COOL!

Full service every 15 minutes Saturday afternoon, now that's service. A shame they're cutting back on some of their departures and removing the Kahnawake stops in August.

To bad they can't increase Valleyfield to at least hourly (the standard throughout CIT-land).

What do you mean by removing the Kahnawake stops? Are they canceling the route?

Alex

ULTRA COOL!

To bad they can't increase Valleyfield to at least hourly (the standard throughout CIT-land).

What do you mean by removing the Kahnawake stops? Are they canceling the route?

Alex

They're keeping the Kahanwake route, but they're removing all the stops along the highway. They have a note in the buses telling passengers that they have to take the Kahanawake bus if they want to go to Kahanawake, or else they have to ride the 31/32 the entire route and get off the bus while it's on its return back into Montreal. Now they never mention about the final departure of the night that doesn't return to Angrignon, since natives do ride that departure, nor do they mention about the people from Kahnawake that want to go Chateauguay. So what now, they have to get on the bus and head to Angrignon, then go around again to Chateauguay across the bridge twice to get to their destination? Whatever they're thinking is not well thought out, and I hope the Band council has something to say about this. Perhaps now they will create an STM Route #221 type stop along the highway to allow the passengers to safely unload on the highway.

They're keeping the Kahanwake route, but they're removing all the stops along the highway. They have a note in the buses telling passengers that they have to take the Kahanawake bus if they want to go to Kahanawake, or else they have to ride the 31/32 the entire route and get off the bus while it's on its return back into Montreal. Now they never mention about the final departure of the night that doesn't return to Angrignon, since natives do ride that departure, nor do they mention about the people from Kahnawake that want to go Chateauguay. So what now, they have to get on the bus and head to Angrignon, then go around again to Chateauguay across the bridge twice to get to their destination? Whatever they're thinking is not well thought out, and I hope the Band council has something to say about this. Perhaps now they will create an STM Route #221 type stop along the highway to allow the passengers to safely unload on the highway.

Nothing that couldn't be arranged!

Nothing that couldn't be arranged!

I'm certain they will arrange something, or the natives will be quite upset come August 1st.

I can't imagine seeing passengers being held hostage for the entire route in order to let them off on the way back to Montreal.

This might be MTQ jurisdiction to create a proper lay-by; not Kahnawake and certainly not CITSO/AMT. Either way this is not a very fair or smart move to dissuade people from using transit when people have a choice to use a car.

This might be MTQ jurisdiction to create a proper lay-by; not Kahnawake and certainly not CITSO/AMT. Either way this is not a very fair or smart move to dissuade people from using transit when people have a choice to use a car.

This seems to follow with other recent 'service improvements' undertaken by CITSO.

Today's sightings, #858 ex-GM Classic was doing daytime service today. Saw it at 11:20 on St-Francis outside Zellers on the 32.

Good 'ol #858 is on the 31 this evening, probably started at the 7:00pm shift change and will be run until the last bus departure at 1:00am.

The tranny #858 is in serivce right now at Angrignon metro

Looks like they're going to use it more often than the LFSes and Orion V's. Sad though they're removing the New Look type seats and putting in seats that appear to be from 851. But I guess this means we'll be seeing a lot more of #858 now, plus we have atleast two drivers that insist on driving Classics, which is why we saw that happen last Saturday, it seems to always be the same drivers driving them during the day, and in the evening.

Here's a pic of the guy I always see driving the Classics. As you can see in the photo he's quite pleased with his bus, even if it wasn't functioning to it's best capacities.

CITSO_858_071408_01.jpg

The tranny #858 is in serivce right now at Angrignon metro

Excellent! :D

Looks like they're going to use it more often than the LFSes and Orion V's. Sad though they're removing the New Look type seats and putting in seats that appear to be from 851. But I guess this means we'll be seeing a lot more of #858 now, plus we have atleast two drivers that insist on driving Classics, which is why we saw that happen last Saturday, it seems to always be the same drivers driving them during the day, and in the evening.

Here's a pic of the guy I always see driving the Classics. As you can see in the photo he's quite pleased with his bus, even if it wasn't functioning to it's best capacities.

CITSO_858_071408_01.jpg

I would say that this is due to the rebuilt it apparently got, which now makes 858 the newest bus in the CITSO fleet.

As for the seat replacement, the reason they are doing this, is most likely because they believe that those seats are more comfortable than the Transcar seats.

That photo of yours is must be the most famous pic of a CITSO classic by now! :P

Looks like they're going to use it more often than the LFSes and Orion V's.

CITSO_858_071408_01.jpg

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that. On the way to Angrignon, we saw one of the CITSO LFS deadheading (ironically it had the PR Bienvenue a bord combined with Desole Hors Service), and Orion V 854 arrived as Route 20 (keep in mind this is a Saturday) and left shortly thereafter (minutes after the Tranny left), but it's a sure bet that they'll try to use their newly rebuilt bus to the max compared to 847. Don't CITSO drivers essentially pick the bus they want anyway? How often is there coach service on weekends on 31/32? Why not ask CITSO what their dispatch policy is?

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that. On the way to Angrignon, we saw one of the CITSO LFS deadheading (ironically it had the PR Bienvenue a bord combined with Desole Hors Service), and Orion V 854 arrived as Route 20 (keep in mind this is a Saturday) and left shortly thereafter (minutes after the Tranny left), but it's a sure bet that they'll try to use their newly rebuilt bus to the max compared to 847. Don't CITSO drivers essentially pick the bus they want anyway? How often is there coach service on weekends on 31/32? Why not ask CITSO what their dispatch policy is?

It's based on seniority, the driver that's been there the longest gets to choose his bus and that bus is their's for as long as they want it, (as long as it's working).

The exceptions are weekends and weekdays off peak, since it's always different drivers and they switch out the bus 3 times during the day, but some drivers pick out the Classic those days too, like last Saturday when both 847 and 858 were in service.

This is why you usually see the same bus at the same time every single day during rush hours.

My friend the driver always took #505 for as long as he drove, even when they lost the contract and he was sent to Valleyfield service, he ONLY took #505 out and it was the last bus to be converted into a school bus back in 2002-2003, imagine the customers that got that bus for Valleyfield service!

Orion V 854 arrived as Route 20 (keep in mind this is a Saturday)

That's weird... Did CITSO have a sudden change of heart and INCREASE service??

My friend the driver always took #505 for as long as he drove, even when they lost the contract and he was sent to Valleyfield service, he ONLY took #505 out and it was the last bus to be converted into a school bus back in 2002-2003, imagine the customers that got that bus for Valleyfield service!

An hour and a half in a school bus being used for transit service..... I hated it!!!

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, a few sightings today:

847 was doing all day service today, and 855 has now returned to it's former glory of being called the CITSO Whistler. You could tell it was coming back over the last few weeks when the driver would push hard on the accelerator it would whistle, now it does it all the time again!

It's strange though that they chose two non-AC equipped buses for such a warm day, usually they put coaches in service when it's really warm.

I hope that after he loses his Hummer that he's forced to drive a Chevy Nova or some other crapbox.

You were commenting about whistling Orions earlier. Gaudreault will give CITSO a good run for its money. 29137 whistled right by me, for sure you can hear this bus at least 250m away. What a piece!

I hope that after he loses his Hummer that he's forced to drive a Chevy Nova or some other crapbox.

You were commenting about whistling Orions earlier. Gaudreault will give CITSO a good run for its money. 29137 whistled right by me, for sure you can hear this bus at least 250m away. What a piece!

The Whistler #855 was on the 32 during rush hour this evening, and #847 was on regular schedule at 12 noon on the 31. And tonight around 9pm #858, sounding more and more like a GM Classic every single day was on the 31 heading back towards Montreal.

The whistling bus 855 was running today, along with 847 doing the 24 this afternoon. The bottom panels are gray..I don't think it was like this before!

I saw 855 around 5:30pm, and about 10 minutes later saw 847 on the 24. The skirt was always grey on 847. It was 850 and 851 that was painted black.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw 855 around 5:30pm, and about 10 minutes later saw 847 on the 24. The skirt was always grey on 847. It was 850 and 851 that was painted black.

Just to give an update. 847 is still running strong, and looks really good!

Saw it today during evening rush hour around 6:00.

• 3 weeks later...
Just to give an update. 847 is still running strong, and looks really good!

Saw it today during evening rush hour around 6:00.

I saw 857 2002 Orion V being towed back to the garage this evening near the end of rush hour.

And I noticed that 859 and 855 now have all sorts of electrical plugs and computer cables coming out of a crude hold in the dashboard and laying on the floor under the farebox. I'm assuming it's OPUS being phased in. I'll fill you in on other buses I see getting this treatment, including if 847 gets a new farebox.