Today's Special Sightings

TTC 7107 doing the last round trip to/from Steeles & McCowan on 302 this morning. It replaced 7708 which deadheaded down McCowan and Danforth Rd to Birchmount. I think this might be a regular occurrence though, 7107 went onto 39 after.

most likely a regular occurance. Some runs will do as a night bus first before turning into regular buses. (i.e. one of the Don Mills runs will start off as 300 to Pearson Airport first before turning into a Don mill bus.)

most likely a regular occurance. Some runs will do as a night bus first before turning into regular buses. (i.e. one of the Don Mills runs will start off as 300 to Pearson Airport first before turning into a Don mill bus.)

I knew that. IIRC, all night bus runs either start or finish on a daytime route with the exception of some Sunday morning extras on 300 and 320. I was just shocked to see a Malvern bus (and an Orion V at that) on 302 since the last time I checked all the runs on 302 came off of or went onto Birchmount routes (with the exception of one that used to come off of 68 on Sunday night). It seems that they have changed some of the schedules around within the last couple months.

TTC 8015 has been fitted with LED headlights as a test to see how they perform. Apparently they are supposed to last years longer than the regular sealed beams. We'll see...

Streetcars already have them, whats there to test. This time its on a bus

Streetcars already have them, whats there to test. This time its on a bus

With any retrofit it would be wise to run a test unit to find any unforeseen problems and since these bulbs are different then the ones used on the streetcars we have no idea of their in service longevity. The bulbs do have a 5 year warranty but the cost to buy them is around 10 times more per bulb then the regular ones so this may be the only bus to have them for a while. Until I see more of them I'm considering it a test. Here is a link to the data sheet/pictures of the new bulbs if anyone want to have a look. http://www.dialight....MDTT46HX001.pdf

With any retrofit it would be wise to run a test unit to find any unforeseen problems and since these bulbs are different then the ones used on the streetcars we have no idea of their in service longevity. The bulbs do have a 5 year warranty but the cost to buy them is around 10 times more per bulb then the regular ones so this may be the only bus to have them for a while. Until I see more of them I'm considering it a test. Here is a link to the data sheet/pictures of the new bulbs if anyone want to have a look. http://www.dialight....MDTT46HX001.pdf

I hope they are not as bright as the ones on cars. Those LED lights are killing my eyes!

The only way to properly do it is to mount aiming apparatus to the headlights themselves.

Not as hard as it sounds... Those 4 pegs that stick out from your headlight fixture, that's what they're for

Our buses get checked during the annual safety. Although they almost always pass... Nobody has a reason to mess with the aiming.

My dad texted me just now saying he saw at least 5-6 in service Viva Purple buses using Alden and Esna Park heading west. Probably to go around the "90 minute to 2 hour delay going westbound", as quoted by Articulated.

YRT/VIVA posted that on their Twitter today.

#RiderAlert To mitigate Hwy 7/Leslie paving impact, alternate WB Viva purple & pink buses detouring via Warden, Alden, Esna Park, Bayview