Fun fotos

gmnewlook

I don't know what the problem is... :) I did like I always do. Click "Browse" then select the image file and then click on "Add This Attachement" and then I should have my file that I've selected to add into post, but it doesn't do that... Help!!! :P

Taken at the northeast corner of Bloor & Yonge

The black reads: "How u have a vagabond life and I did a picture to show you I really like t??? city and the friendly people also"

And the rest was written in white that seems to have faded :o

Spacingwire, Torontoist, Eat your heart out :o

It's interesting to see that a trolley bus crossing can be built. When they were around in Toronto, i dont think they ever had those. And there are no street car crossings with heavy rail either...or at least none that i have see.

It's not too hard to do. I'm sure they are common in Europe where both trolleybuses and catenary powered trains are more common. I do have a number of images somewhere on my hard drives showing them.

In Toronto, there were trolleybus/ streetcar crossings. That, however, is easy to do. In fact, its probably easier to build and less complicated than building a regular trolleybus crossing.

It's interesting to see that a trolley bus crossing can be built. When they were around in Toronto, i dont think they ever had those. And there are no street car crossings with heavy rail either...or at least none that i have see.

Yes, it can be done. (Where there's wire, there's hope). They are saying though, that at 114 Street and 76 Avenue, where the LRT is going to go North & South along 114 Street, and the Route 7 (a trolley route) crosses 114 Street to go East & West along 76 Avenue, that it will not be possible to build a trolley / LRT crossing. I am not an expert here, but it is something to do with the angle of the actual crossing. I hope that they can resolve this and that when the construction is finished that the Route 7 will return to trolley operation.

A nice view of # 137 from the second floor lounge of BP on 109 Street and 82 Avenue, and my friend's car passing Unit # 438. He said he was driving downtown when he passed # 438. I told him I took a pic of #438 downtown. We checked the pic and he said, "That's my car !" What a coincidence.

137.jpg438pc.jpg

Yes, it can be done. (Where there's wire, there's hope). They are saying though, that at 114 Street and 76 Avenue, where the LRT is going to go North & South along 114 Street, and the Route 7 (a trolley route) crosses 114 Street to go East & West along 76 Avenue, that it will not be possible to build a trolley / LRT crossing. I am not an expert here, but it is something to do with the angle of the actual crossing. I hope that they can resolve this and that when the construction is finished that the Route 7 will return to trolley operation.

They *were* saying that. I believe they have since changed their tune when they realized what they were saying was a bunch of crap.

As I said... I have some pics (right from K+M's website) lurking on my computer of a 90 degree catenary/ trolleybus overhead crossing.

And... San Fransisco already has 90 degree trolleybus/ streetcar (LRV) with pantograph crossings.

They *were* saying that. I believe they have since changed their tune when they realized what they were saying was a bunch of crap.

As I said... I have some pics (right from K+M's website) lurking on my computer of a 90 degree catenary/ trolleybus overhead crossing.

And... San Fransisco already has 90 degree trolleybus/ streetcar (LRV) with pantograph crossings.

The website Martin refers to: http://www.kuma.ch/kuma/en/bt/produkte/weichen.asp

What's also interesting is that K&M makes switches that are more "Ohio Brass" style; that is, spliced directly to the running wire instead of suspended on tubes. Would be interesting to see...

There's Snakes on a Plane, how about...

(Don't worry, I'll evenually get over it tongue.gif)

I know I won't get over the sight of them on Bay as I don't even go there often :(

By the way its a pretty catchy phrase 'Fishbowls on the 6 Bay' you created but however I find A 'New Look' for the 6 Bay to be slightly better. Hopefully you can decipher the double meaning of the phrase :P

Now without further ado, more New Looks in the downtown core ;)

IM000785.JPG

IM000790a.jpg

IM000793a.jpg