R.I.P. 7092

I have no comment on those 7400-7881 series cause i rarely ride on those. I hardly ride on Eglinton and most of the Birchmount routes. For arrow. I'm most likely not to even ride on 35 cause i use 41. Come on they're not that bad. They just don't have as mush power than the 7900, 8000, 1000, or 1200. GM's can sometimes even beat the VII's in a race which i once saw and laugh depending on which one. For example i'd say 2401 and 2453 are good ones since they got good power. You guys should try looking for 2401 before that's gone. The one thing i actually hate the 7400-7881 series is the way the interior was built. The black box that keeps moving around isn't the greatest thing because in my opinion that can fall anytime during service. Once that happens TTC will probably get sued again when that could have been prevented. The 1200's have their's secured but i don't know if that's still going to be the case in 2 years. And i love the classics. That better stay as long as it possible. They will be missed when they leave. It's like a cousin of the GM fishies. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the 06+ VIIs all have that box secured, though the NGs' secured thingy is more visible than the former.

I was told by a driver, and a supervisor. The supervisor said they r parked "on the side".

where and who did you hear this from?????? as they should have the anti fire system in the engine compartment

The fires are not recent.

no.

edit: are we takling a long while ago? if so, maybe. but i did'nt think they were 7800s.

nothing lately.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told today that Birchmount is scrapping 2 7800's.

Apparently they caught fire, backs were a right off. Anyone else hear anything about this?

I think 7811 & 7880 might be the ones since I haven't see that one for a while now.

I've been keeping track of the Birchmount VIIs (7781 to 7881 only, since they were at Bmount on January 24th). So far one of my guesses has been proven wrong, I saw 7880 on 22 today. I have yet to see or hear of 7811 as well as 23 other VIIs. I still have a strong feeling that 7811 is one of the two that had an engine fire, as well as possibly 7781 now.

I've been keeping track of the Birchmount VIIs (7781 to 7881 only, since they were at Bmount on January 24th). So far one of my guesses has been proven wrong, I saw 7880 on 22 today. I have yet to see or hear of 7811 as well as 23 other VIIs. I still have a strong feeling that 7811 is one of the two that had an engine fire, as well as possibly 7781 now.

7781 was on 16 McCowan (1 run) Feb 11, and on 141 Downtown/Mt. Pleasant (2 run) AM on Feb 12.

7811 was on 25 Don Mills (13 run Feb 11, and on 25 Don Mills (25 run) AM on Feb 12.

It's not these two (if any at Birchmount). I haven't heard anything about any Orion VII's catching fire at Birchmount. All Birchmount VII's are equipped with the fire suppression system and have been since last year. I will check this out when I am into the garage next week and see if I can confirm or deny this RUMOUR.

When would we expect #7092 to be back on the road (since someone mentioned they plan on rebuilding it)?

I had a look at it the other day, it looks the same as it did a month ago when I last saw it. Understandable though since they are pretty busy in that section with the 73xx and ELF rebuilding currently going on. Btw.. looks like they may be using the rear cap from 6659 to replace the burnt one. I will update if I see anything new going on progress wise.

I had a look at it the other day, it looks the same as it did a month ago when I last saw it. Understandable though since they are pretty busy in that section with the 73xx and ELF rebuilding currently going on. Btw.. looks like they may be using the rear cap from 6659 to replace the burnt one. I will update if I see anything new going on progress wise.

Wasnt the one of the reasons why they decided to rebuild the unit cause they were gonna use one of the retired 91V's rear end caps

7781 was on 16 McCowan (1 run) Feb 11, and on 141 Downtown/Mt. Pleasant (2 run) AM on Feb 12.

7811 was on 25 Don Mills (13 run Feb 11, and on 25 Don Mills (25 run) AM on Feb 12.

It's not these two (if any at Birchmount). I haven't heard anything about any Orion VII's catching fire at Birchmount. All Birchmount VII's are equipped with the fire suppression system and have been since last year. I will check this out when I am into the garage next week and see if I can confirm or deny this RUMOUR.

Alright then, that leaves 15 Birchmount VIIs (7781-7881) that have not been seen yet.

Wasnt the one of the reasons why they decided to rebuild the unit cause they were gonna use one of the retired 91V's rear end caps

they're gonna use MUCH more than the end caps.

we have an unpainted spare sitting in malvern inventory right now (just in case). it's been there for years.

it's an easily obtainable part.

the A/C unit however, is a lot more costly and will likely come from a 91v.

they're gonna use MUCH more than the end caps.

we have an unpainted spare sitting in malvern inventory right now (just in case). it's been there for years.

it's an easily obtainable part.

the A/C unit however, is a lot more costly and will likely come from a 91v.

Its good to see ok/good parts being reused from retired buses to keep the fleet going. They have also been know to reuse the V's doors

Its good to see ok/good parts being reused from retired buses to keep the fleet going. They have also been know to reuse the V's doors

Oh yeah; have you seen the front doors on the 96s? Alot of them have one flap from a 91 while the other flap is from a 96. The 96 versions have longer windows on the door; that's how you can tell when they're a mixture in one bus.

7861 is at hillcrest with a couple of small rear panels removed possibly for colission repair. No fire damage visible though.

7861 was involved in a "T-Bone" collision at Don Mills and York Mills a couple weeks ago. The reason it is at Hillcrest I presume is because there was frame damage.

7861 is at hillcrest with a couple of small rear panels removed possibly for colission repair. No fire damage visible though.
7861 was involved in a "T-Bone" collision at Don Mills and York Mills a couple weeks ago. The reason it is at Hillcrest I presume is because there was frame damage.

Thank you, that leaves just 10 more Birchmount VIIs to find.

• 3 weeks later...
I was told today that Birchmount is scrapping 2 7800's.

Apparently they caught fire, backs were a right off. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Since I see Birchmount VIIs everyday and I ride them 10 times a week I'll start to keep a list of the ones that I have not seen until we find out which VIIs these are. I think 7811 & 7880 might be the ones since I haven't see that one for a while now.

Well, after 48 days of keeping track of the Birchmount VIIs (7781-7881) that have been seen in service by me and other board members we have narrowed it down to the two VIIs, 7808 & 7852. Keep an eye out for these buses since they are the only two Birchmount VIIs from the original 101 (7781-7881) that have not been seen since January 24th.