Central Fraser Valley

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2023 at 10:30 PM, tigbc2001 said:

Maybe then they will understand? :)

Given that Veolia and Transdev both have a very long resume of labour action against them, I wouldn't bank on that.

Different name, same profit before anything else BS.

This is how these companies work - the bid for public services (which should not happen in the first place) based on a low bid, run that division into the ground until it no longer makes any money for them, then they auction it off to another company for profit and so on and so forth.

Why do you think EQT got rid of them?  EQT is literally a hedge fund that owned the company responsible for providing a necessary public service and their priority is to make money for their shareholder and investors.  Labour costs go up and profits go down, company gets auctioned off and the next player comes in to make a fast buck.  Yet we allow this to operate our basic infrastructure.  Absolutely mind blowing.

What I'm more curious about, is how the buy out affects Kelowna and Vernon more than anything, seeing that First was only give a 1 year extension on their contract.  Will BC Transit give Transdev the remainder of the extension in a sign of good faith or will we see a tender put out? 

I'll say one thing - leaving BC Transit and First is the best decision I ever made in my life both on a personal well being and financial level.

• Like 1

https://fvcurrent.com/p/fraser-valley-transit-strike-mediator-report

Fraser Valley transit mediator’s final report expected this week

Once Ready submits his recommendations to the minister, both sides will also be given an opportunity to review the report. When Ready stepped in to settle a similar transit strike last year, his recommendations included proposed terms for a deal. His report and recommendations he delivers this week will determine the next steps in a strike that has suspended bus service in the Fraser Valley for more than 120 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling they won't be able to get a deal, i think now the only way to reach one is merge with translink. Yes i know first transit Langley shuttle is operated by translink. 

I heard they are trying to get SkyTrain all the way to Chilliwack EVENTUALLY. Only way that'll happen is to merge. Nobody wants to pay translink taxes etc here in Valley, but they want something, they accept something. 

Asking for wages close to what translink has? Greed! And only because 66 goes to Burnaby doesn't mean they should have equal driver pay. 

Bc transit won't do anything because it's not up to them. Cupe is first transit's employees....

• Like 1

News article with some more details: https://bc.ctvnews.ca/fraser-valley-transit-strike-officially-over-after-124-days-return-of-service-coming-as-soon-as-possible-1.6489985

No date for the resumption of service has been announced yet. Based on other strikes, it may take a few weeks until service starts up or fully resumes, as buses need to undergo checks and maintenance after sitting for 4 months.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2023 at 3:49 AM, Articulated said:

News article with some more details: https://bc.ctvnews.ca/fraser-valley-transit-strike-officially-over-after-124-days-return-of-service-coming-as-soon-as-possible-1.6489985

No date for the resumption of service has been announced yet. Based on other strikes, it may take a few weeks until service starts up or fully resumes, as buses need to undergo checks and maintenance after sitting for 4 months.

Correct. We have begun the restart process, and hope to be up and running ASAP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RZ350 said:

I'm sure everyone has seen the announcement by now, but we will be resuming service July 31, 2023 for HandyDart and August 6, 2023 for Conventional and community service.

I would have posted it but I'm pretty sure everyone has seen it, or heard by now. 

I've seen 1199 on the 4 training some op's around noon ish today as well. Some progress indeed!

On 8/3/2023 at 12:51 AM, Express691 said:

The BC Government has released a consultation regarding Highway 1 widening. In it, a new bus loop located at 264th at Gloucester.

Posted in the Vancouver section (the topic is a gray area as far as where to post, I found this to be the best place)

The truth is, this should have been part of the original plan for the 66, in my opinion. We'll see how this goes.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2023 at 8:39 PM, 2102 said:

2451, 2566 and 9367 are currently in the Abbotsford yard. 9367 has had its Victoria decals removed

Haven't made a post on here in ages, but I went by the yard yesterday and didn't see 9367 anywhere maybe it was in the shops but I wonder will it be running there or maybe Chilliwack in the near future?  However I do have a hunch of why it's here, could it be for the potential additional 66 trip that begins at McCallum if they're still planning to do that out of the Abby yard, I was hoping they would use XNs on that trip lol.

Does anyone know if the 66 FVX short turns running from abbotsford garage using XN40's? Or is that one extra Nova we just got (i forget that number) going to FVX? 

4 on sundays looks a little half hour ish difference. But will blocks be 4/7? I see the 9 mckee will be nearly every hour and a half as well. Will that be added to the 4/7 Sunday block? 

7 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Does anyone know if the 66 FVX short turns running from abbotsford garage using XN40's? Or is that one extra Nova we just got (i forget that number) going to FVX? 

4 on sundays looks a little half hour ish difference. But will blocks be 4/7? I see the 9 mckee will be nearly every hour and a half as well. Will that be added to the 4/7 Sunday block? 

To your first question, likely XN40s as currently there are no novas in Abbotsford.

To your second question, everything is getting changed so for the most part there will no longer be single route blocks except for maybe the 1 and 2.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Today the 4 saddle and a bunch of other routes were using the new September 5th schedule. Today is only the 3rd. 

A bunch were confused. 

I went on the TransLink 503 to Aldergrove today hoping to connect to the 21 Abbotsford (I don't usually go there, but had to for work reasons). I waited for well over TWO HOURS for that bus because the 14:30 then the 15:56 buses never showed up! Gave up and ordered an Uber instead. Another person at the same stop (Station Rd & Fraser Hwy) waited as long as I did, and gave up like me. I think all the 21 trips were cancelled today (along with many other routes) and they were showing as "unavailable" on the entry that should display the bus fleet number, but there was no official cancellation in the BC Transit app or Google Maps.

This is why I hate car dependency.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Today the 4 saddle and a bunch of other routes were using the new September 5th schedule. Today is only the 3rd. 

A bunch were confused. 

Typically the service changes here happen on Sundays, but for this round BC Transit decided on Tuesday. There was...a little confusion in the office.

• 2 weeks later...

9397 from West Kootenay transit system was sent to Kamloops a few days ago for unknown reasons.

Now it ended up doing 66 FVX during today's afternoon rush hour. Codes weren't punched in, bus was saying "bc transit" on nextride display, and on destination signs just today. 

I didn't get any photos. Didn't have enough battery...

1 minute ago, Busmanic92 said:

9397 from West Kootenay transit system was sent to Kamloops a few days ago for unknown reasons.

Now it ended up doing 66 FVX during today's afternoon rush hour. Codes weren't punched in, bus was saying "bc transit" on nextride display, and on destination signs just today. 

I didn't get any photos. Didn't have enough battery...

Its a contingency unit that has been transferred to Chilliwack as part of the slight 66 expansion that started this month

• Thanks 1