Timmins Transit

Timmins Man

On Monday February 15, 2007 Timmins City Council gave Timmins transit the go ahead to purchase 2 used buses from Capital Bus Parts of St. Romuald Quebec at a cost of $185,000.00. The buses they are buying are MCI Classics

The article in the Daily Press said that further inspection on 2 units revealed that they were in worse shape than anticipated and this is why we are buying used right now because there is a huge need. Which units are worse than they anticipated? Hopefully we will eventually get some new buses around here, some New Flyers would be nice. :mellow:

The article in the Daily Press said that further inspection on 2 units revealed that they were in worse shape than anticipated and this is why we are buying used right now because there is a huge need. Which units are worse than they anticipated? Hopefully we will eventually get some new buses around here, some New Flyers would be nice. :mellow:

I think Mr. David Onodera is thinking about buying some New Flyer buses because Novas are too costly.

By the way, does anyone know how to access the Photo section Timmins Transit fan page? I think you have to be a user to access that section.

I think Mr. David Onodera is thinking about buying some New Flyer buses because Novas are too costly.

By the way, does anyone know how to access the Photo section Timmins Transit fan page? I think you have to be a user to access that section.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Timmins Transit 64 a 1999 Orion VI bus sitting at the downtown terminal on friday afternoon. It looks good with its new floor and shiny new front end. The bus rides like it is a brand new bus.

Has any one seen Timmins Tranist 62 another 1999 Orion VI bus in either North Bay or Pembroke

A Timmins Transit bus was involved in a accident around 9:20am at the corner of Cedar St. N and Algonquin Blvd. E. right by the transit terminal on Friday February 23. Bus #78 was travelling northbound on cedar st when a car travelling westbound on algonquin blvd ran a red light. The bus than struck the car and the car received damage and its driver received injuries while the bus only has a scratch on its bumper.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there someone who could either post or (if they dont want to publicly say) message me with the hourly rate of a Timmins Transit driver? Also what would the annual ridership be? Thanks

the rate i saw posted was around 22 a hour and i think i saw somewhere the annual ridership was like a 250k tho i am not sure about the ridership number

the rate you quoted if wrong about 20 ph and 800k thanks

probably the 22 was the senior amount... tho i'd drive a timmins city bus for 10 dollars a hour... :P all i need is my bus licence :angry: i get chills thinking about driving a bus for a living like i bet half the people on here would work for less than the going rate for union drivers.

probably the 22 was the senior amount... tho i'd drive a timmins city bus for 10 dollars a hour... :lol: all i need is my bus licence :P i get chills thinking about driving a bus for a living like i bet half the people on here would work for less than the going rate for union drivers.

There is no senior amout, I talked to a driver and they all get the same rate

There is no senior amout, I talked to a driver and they all get the same rate

i have never heard of a union allowing for no raises based on seniority. letting its members all work at the same wage... this is this same union that reps OC Transpo and TTC.

i have never heard of a union allowing for no raises based on seniority. letting its members all work at the same wage... this is this same union that reps OC Transpo and TTC.

At most transit systems, the starting rate is lower than the top rate. Drivers move up in either semi-annual or annual increments until they reach the top rate. Once they reach the top, they make the same hourly rate whether they have 3, 13, 23, or 33 years' seniority.

At most transit systems, the starting rate is lower than the top rate. Drivers move up in either semi-annual or annual increments until they reach the top rate. Once they reach the top, they make the same hourly rate whether they have 3, 13, 23, or 33 years' seniority.

and in the case of OC Transpo once you get to the top you get the plum runs... those used to be in my day the 95's and the bottoms served as Xtra's

and in the case of OC Transpo once you get to the top you get the plum runs... those used to be in my day the 95's and the bottoms served as Xtra's

There is no plum runs the drivers work on a rotation, the rate of pay is based on the job not senority a driver

told me

I hard that timmns transit is trying to stop people from joyriding on the bus, one guy has received a letter

already can anyone confirm this for me blink.gif blink.gif

You mean ride a bus just for the sake of riding it, not to go anywhere specific. Or are people actually driving TT buses on joyrides? B)

I hard that timmns transit is trying to stop people from joyriding on the bus, one guy has received a letter

already can anyone confirm this for me blink.gif blink.gif

Highly unlikely. So somebody from Timmins Transit was able to notice that one person was constantly riding the bus for no reason, and then from that ascertain what the guy's mailing address was (or ask the guy in person if he would volunteer this information) and then deliver him a letter asking him to please stop riding the bus? I know that Timmins is a small town but I'm sure there ARE better things to do up there....