Where to get ride guides in Golden Horseshoe?

Orion V

AFAIK the TTC is the only system that calls maps "ride guides" and you can only get them within toronto. Oakville has no transit maps, but I've been told that for a buck you can buy a oakville map from city hall that happens to have transit routes on them. I've never been to niagara transit or GRT. however HSR, DRT, MT, YRT, and both BT systems have maps avail for free at thier offices/transit centres

These are the places to obtain transit maps.

Brampton:

The major terminals (Shopper's World, Trinity Common, Downtown Temrinal, Bramalea City Centre and Heart Lake)

HSR:

Get at the HSR Customer Service booth at the GO Centre. Individual route maps are avaliable on a rack.

Burlington:

Get at the Customer Service booth at the John Street Terminal

DRT:

There isn't a DRT system map yet

The above mentioned are free of charge to obtain.

In each of the following systems:

HSR, Burlington Transit, Oakville Transit, Brampton, DRT, Niagara Transit, GRT.

And do you have to pay?

Niagara Transit have them available at their office. DRT's are separated by division, but all divisions can be picked up at their offices and most point of sales locations )ie. Oshawa Centre, Pickering Town Centre). Both systems' ride guides are free.

GRT charges two dollars for a map, and the map is a 'Region of Waterloo' map, with other things than transit on it.

Oakville used to charge for maps, I don't even know if they have one now. :D

Go to any library in Mississauga for a plentiful supply of maps, service changes and paperbuses. Yes, paperbuses! Maps and service changes are also on buses and at City Centre Terminal.

The latest HSR map is 2003/04. I would suggest visiting Mountain Garage to get one/some, as the Hunter St terminal never seems to have any. :(

Oakville used to charge for maps, I don't even know if they have one now. :D

The latest HSR map is 2003/04. I would suggest visiting Mountain Garage to get one/some, as the Hunter St terminal never seems to have any. :(

For Oakville, you can actually get the schedules (not the maps for routes though) at Oakville GO. They're free. Other locations to my knowledge would be at Lakeside Villiage in Burlington. Real Convenience within that plaza would have copies. And one last one in Oakville...Hopedale Mall at the lotto desk.

For Burlington Maps/schedules, Burlington downtown Terminal, Burlington/Appleby GO Stations, Burlington and Mapleview Malls' Customer Services.

HSR? Orion VIII, are you sure that there are ride guides newer then 03/04? Or are we both thinking that the rep at the GO Centre who's told us on many occassions that 'They'll be ready by next year' isn't true at all?

Maybe I should head up to the Mountain Garage to get a newer version. Thanks David!

For Oakville, you can actually get the schedules (not the maps for routes though) at Oakville GO. They're free. Other locations to my knowledge would be at Lakeside Villiage in Burlington. Real Convenience within that plaza would have copies. And one last one in Oakville...Hopedale Mall at the lotto desk.

They also have in Oakville Place and Oakville Transit office.

The Community Maps are $1 and it's available at Town Hall.

I was at Hamilton GO Centre last Saturday and I couldn't see any HSR maps. Maybe since the HSR booth is closed on weekends? Do they only give it to you if you ask them in the booth?

I remember Bramalea Trml doesn't have Brampton Transit maps either. IIRC, my friend went into Downtown Brampton Trml and asked for a map, they never put it out.

As a side note, I've noticed the online HSR map (2006) shows BT route 1 looping around Jackson Square, when in reality it doesn't; it goes as far as Catherine St in the west end. Is that an error on HSR's end or did BT changed the looping?

I was at Hamilton GO Centre last Saturday and I couldn't see any HSR maps. Maybe since the HSR booth is closed on weekends? Do they only give it to you if you ask them in the booth?

I remember Bramalea Trml doesn't have Brampton Transit maps either. IIRC, my friend went into Downtown Brampton Trml and asked for a map, they never put it out.

As a side note, I've noticed the online HSR map (2006) shows BT route 1 looping around Jackson Square, when in reality it doesn't; it goes as far as Catherine St in the west end. Is that an error on HSR's end or did BT changed the looping?

That because BT never told HSR about their route 1 extended end, so therefore they did not know.

HSR GO Centre terminal are closed on weekend. You have to ask one when they are open.

Brampton terminal they do have maps, you have to ask as many people just grab a bundle and waste paper.

actually I was told via phone that HSR was out of maps but that she "had one on (her) desk that (she) will send me". so I got the last HSR map via mail :P sorry. this was like a month ago

call the agencies and tell them your planning a trip, ask them to mail you a map.

actually I was told via phone that HSR was out of maps but that she "had one on (her) desk that (she) will send me". so I got the last HSR map via mail :P sorry. this was like a month ago

call the agencies and tell them your planning a trip, ask them to mail you a map.

Do they mail it as far to Toronto? Thought it was only for Hamilton residents.

HSR is officially out of route maps now, but will be producing a new map for September 2007. The last edition was 2003/04 as mentioned earlier.

The new map will include the B Line (note minor rebranding with route name) extension to University Plaza in Dundas. I will also make sure that the BT route 1 error in downtown Hamilton is corrected.

Kevin

actually I was told via phone that HSR was out of maps but that she "had one on (her) desk that (she) will send me". so I got the last HSR map via mail sorry. this was like a month ago - LF60

Sorry to inform you. But the Burlington Transit Terminal still has PLENTY!!! When we were there we saw stacks and stacks of them !! and then got a few for myself lol.

DRT:

There isn't a DRT system map yet

Well, there isn't a *single* DRT system map yet, although one is promised for September. But there are individual municipal maps (e.g. Ajax, Pickering, etc) that are available and they are up to date as of now. These are the same ones that are available as PDFs from their web site. Good sources are the info counters at Pickering Town Centre and Oshawa Centre. Ticket sellers will likely have some as well.

Well, there isn't a *single* DRT system map yet, although one is promised for September. But there are individual municipal maps (e.g. Ajax, Pickering, etc) that are available and they are up to date as of now. These are the same ones that are available as PDFs from their web site. Good sources are the info counters at Pickering Town Centre and Oshawa Centre. Ticket sellers will likely have some as well.

Also most librarys in Durham Region.

HSR is officially out of route maps now, but will be producing a new map for September 2007. The last edition was 2003/04 as mentioned earlier.

The new map will include the B Line (note minor rebranding with route name) extension to University Plaza in Dundas. I will also make sure that the BT route 1 error in downtown Hamilton is corrected.

Kevin

Finally! I've been waiting 3 years for an updated map.

Let me hijack my own thread to ask 3 questions:

While looking at the Dundas Hill GHOST station, I noticed the 52 goes quite close to that place, is it walkable, how far? Anyone tried?

Why is the HSR route 5 so complicated? There are branches and some are goes as far as 52 but this 52 is different than 52A. It's so weird and complicated. They put 52 as a branch of 5 but 52A as separate route.

Which routes were trolley routes and when did HSR stopped running trolleys?

Edited by Orion V Exp

Kevin

That's good to hear. I've been collecting system maps since 1989 and haven't been able to get my hands on a 2003/04 map. Do you know when in September it'll be available? Also it was mentioned there are maps at the Burlington Transit Terminal. Is this the terminal that Route 11 Parkdale goes to?

Also it was mentioned there are maps at the Burlington Transit Terminal. Is this the terminal that Route 11 Parkdale goes to?

Yep. Like John said theres stacks and stacks in there, because it seems that nobody knows they have them!

Yep. Like John said theres stacks and stacks in there, because it seems that nobody knows they have them!

Shhhh Kyle!

We don't want a repeat incident of the Brampton Maps!

Repost:

While looking at the Dundas Hill GHOST station, I noticed the 52 goes quite close to that place, is it walkable, how far? Anyone tried?

Why is the HSR route 5 so complicated? There are branches and some are goes as far as 52 but this 52 is different than 52A. It's so weird and complicated. They put 52 as a branch of 5 but 52A as separate route.

Shhhh Kyle!

We don't want a repeat incident of the Brampton Maps!

Repost:

Buddy, if no one can answer your repost question, might as well forget it!