Full bus

wil9402

Well this morning on the 320 there was no indication on the destination sign to show the bus is full when it skipped my stop with roughly six people waiting.

I haven't been on a newmarket YRT but I believe they use the same system as YRT Miller.

It seems YRT Laidlaw does have what YRT Miller does or a resemblance. When I was on 9802 you can hear from the radio the other drivers talking via the radio. Also once during winter on YRT Laidlaw, I was on 541 on the 57A and the driver had the radio turned on to the bus. The radio is not the dispatcher radio or whatever but the one with music and it was broadcasted through the intercom. :)

Well this morning on the 320 there was no indication on the destination sign to show the bus is full when it skipped my stop with roughly six people waiting.

I guess it must have been those rush hour, crush loads on a sleepy, Sunday mroning in YRT land! :) Either that or the driver was daydreaming. Yeah, like that has'nt happened before! :D

Also once during winter on YRT Laidlaw, I was on 541 on the 57A and the driver had the radio turned on to the bus. The radio is not the dispatcher radio or whatever but the one with music and it was broadcasted through the intercom. :)

My ride on 566, it was election day, the driver apparently turned on the radio to the news. Seems like only the EZ-Riders have this.

My ride on 566, it was election day, the driver apparently turned on the radio to the news. Seems like only the EZ-Riders have this.

EZ-Riders and the 100 series Thomas's have the radios.

The 200 series thomas's did but they were taken out of them for some reason. Although 680 news is authorized to be on!

The 200 series thomas's did but they were taken out of them for some reason. Although 680 news is authorized to be on!

As a joke; the 30ft buses have them because they go on less busy routes where people can sit back and relax. They also usually run in quiet neighborhoods so listening to the radio broadcasted throughout the bus makes the journey more relaxing. :)

As a joke; the 30ft buses have them because they go on less busy routes where people can sit back and relax. They also usually run in quiet neighborhoods so listening to the radio broadcasted throughout the bus makes the journey more relaxing. :)

Sure it does, so why not have it on every bus? Those of us who are crushed in like sardines might be able to better tolerate the cattle car if there was serene music wafting throught the bus. :D

Today I got on an extremely crowded 1996 Orion V, I now remember why I don't really like them compared to New Looks and D901s. As a short standee your forced to hold onto a standee pole or the black handles unfortunately I couldn't sqeeze enough to get to a pole so I was stuck in between 2 poles I couldn't reach, so I was forced to use the handle. Unfortuantely the bus was so crowded I was forced into a position where my balance was poor, not helping was some passengers unable to maintain any balance. The handles swing too much on the hard turns so I'm forced to stretch to grab the horizontal pole which I cannot hold onto for long times. Since some passengers lost balance I overstretched my arm which was painful, normally I would have 2 hands but my other hand was carrying a heavy bag. Anyone else hate those stupid handles?

Today I got on an extremely crowded 1996 Orion V, I now remember why I don't really like them compared to New Looks and D901s. As a short standee your forced to hold onto a standee pole or the black handles unfortunately I couldn't sqeeze enough to get to a pole so I was stuck in between 2 poles I couldn't reach, so I was forced to use the handle. Unfortuantely the bus was so crowded I was forced into a position where my balance was poor, not helping was some passengers unable to maintain any balance. The handles swing too much on the hard turns so I'm forced to stretch to grab the horizontal pole which I cannot hold onto for long times. Since some passengers lost balance I overstretched my arm which was painful, normally I would have 2 hands but my other hand was carrying a heavy bag. Anyone else hate those stupid handles?

Just out of curiousity, what route was it on? It seems as if it is a non-accessible route because you seem accustomed to the GM's and D901's?

Just out of curiousity, what route was it on? It seems as if it is a non-accessible route because you seem accustomed to the GM's and D901's?

I take both an accessible route and a non accessible route so I tend to get the possibility to ride all the buses of Malvern. 99% of the time I end up riding a Orion V everyday, New Looks its 80%, D901 runs depends on luck or timing of the run. The pole layouts for New Look, D901, Classic and D40 are exactly the same with good spacing and number of poles. Its the Orion V where the spacing of the poles is a bit worse, with the 1996 its uneven, same with the Orion VII. The RTS and Orion VI however use the least poles making them the worst. My height makes using the handles more of a nuisance than keeping my balance. The handles for me are too high up in the Orion V/RTS, its terrible when I ride a low floor needing to use the handle because its even higher.

I'd be interested to see the extent to which supervisors monitor the 'overtax' situations and respond with additional service.

I know that a lot of operators push the overtax button if they get into a situation where they have to skip stops, but I don't know if anyone actually records that it was pushed or not (my understanding is no).

The most common situation that they use the overtax button for is asking operators to push it to notify CIS that an incident they've called in is clear and that they're moving again.

if i'm right on the d40lfs there are radios on as well, i have in the past heard the radio on the bus being played and the driver didn't bring in his own radio

MT should really use a bigger bus on 19 during weekdays. The VIIs come to mind since the artics are not available. Ideally, the Vs are much better but since it's an accessible route........

The people have got used to the BUS FULL, SORRY on the 19, no biggie... the next bus will be there in less then 5 minutes. :lol:

MT tends to pair up buses on the 19 during rush.

The 19 is probably one of the busiest bus routes in the GTA.

The people have got used to the BUS FULL, SORRY on the 19, no biggie... the next bus will be there in less then 5 minutes. :lol:

MT tends to pair up buses on the 19 during rush.

The 19 is probably one of the busiest bus routes in the GTA.

Along with BT 1A, YRT 99 (before Viva), TTC 39/29 and MT 1.

Along with BT 1A, YRT 99 (before Viva), TTC 39/29 and MT 1.

You know what, MT could easily pull the D60LFs off of the 26, the Orion Vs could handle the loads without a problem then, MT could put them on the 19. I'd take the 10 01XXs two of them already have the proper equipment and place them on the 19, while the 97XXs can operate on the 1.

You know what, MT could easily pull the D60LFs off of the 26, the Orion Vs could handle the loads without a problem then, MT could put them on the 19. I'd take the 10 01XXs two of them already have the proper equipment and place them on the 19, while the 97XXs can operate on the 1.

So why are they still use on the 26?

So why are they still use on the 26?

I don't know, the route shares Orion Vs and D60LFs, I've heard from a numerous amount of drivers is because the stops are far apart. (Everyone knows how slow the D60LFs are when it comes to accelerating)

I don't know if that's true or not, but the 26 can be definitely handled by D60LFs, eh Orion VIII?

I don't know, the route shares Orion Vs and D60LFs, I've heard from a numerous amount of drivers is because the stops are far apart. (Everyone knows how slow the D60LFs are when it comes to accelerating)

I don't know if that's true or not, but the 26 can be definitely handled by D60LFs, eh Orion VIII?

A little off topic, but 9770 broke down today while on the 26 and the next bus was a V, which can't handle a double crowd. I personally think that the VII's should go on the 1 with the V's and D40LF's and the 26 should stay with the D60LF's. From experience, the 1 can handle the VII's and the V's better than the 26.

A little off topic, but 9770 broke down today while on the 26 and the next bus was a V, which can't handle a double crowd. I personally think that the VII's should go on the 1 with the V's and D40LF's and the 26 should stay with the D60LF's. From experience, the 1 can handle the VII's and the V's better than the 26.

For me it's the opposite from my experiences and I ride the 26 an 1 a lot since I live about one city block away from both of the routes.