CTrain - SD160 cars

Should be 2272. 2232 was the last of the previous SD160's, and there were 40 new ones.

I've seen as high as 2267 in service.

We will break into the 2300's with the next order, since there should be 34 (at least) coming. I haven't seen an official announcement yet, but I'd imagine it will be relatively soon (the last order was announced mid 2005, so if all the cars for the WLRT need to be here by late 2012 I'd assume probably late this year or by next summer at the absolute latest we'll hear about it)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday on the 201 I rode an SD160 consist with car #2220 as the middle car. This one still has the cloth seating and is about the only one I have personally noticed over the past month or so that still has the cloth seating. Anyone notice any others still with cloth seating over the past couple weeks? If so, please let us know the car number.

Yesterday on the 201 I rode an SD160 consist with car #2220 as the middle car. This one still has the cloth seating and is about the only one I have personally noticed over the past month or so that still has the cloth seating. Anyone notice any others still with cloth seating over the past couple weeks? If so, please let us know the car number.

2211 sometime last week, still had the cloth seating.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen any of the 3rd batch of SD160's (#'s 2233-2272) running plain white still at all? I haven't seen one lately, so I am thinking they are now all done in the red livery.

Also, spotted a certain member of this board operating two older SD160's with a U2-AC car in the middle this morning on the 202. I believe the middle car was #2101 IIRC.

Has anyone seen any of the 3rd batch of SD160's (#'s 2233-2272) running plain white still at all? I haven't seen one lately, so I am thinking they are now all done in the red livery.

Funny you should mention that, I spotted two cars being decaled at anderson garage a few weeks or so ago 2238 may of been 1 of them.

Also, spotted a certain member of this board operating two older SD160's with a U2-AC car in the middle this morning on the 202. I believe the middle car was #2101 IIRC.

Hmm wonder who that could of been :D

Funny you should mention that, I spotted two cars being decaled at anderson garage a few weeks or so ago 2238 may of been 1 of them.

One of the new SDs has been retrofitted with LED internal lighting instead of fluorescent...I think that's 2238 as well.

#2218 is out of serice after suffering damage during a derailment at the Anderson Garage back at the end of May of this year.

The Door on Track #2 at Anderson Garage still has visible damage from that derailment. There's also chalk markings on the ground North of the door on the outside of the garage which show where part of the train actually was after it derailed.

Last one I saw white was probably 3 or 4 weeks back, 2237 I believe. Haven't seen any white since then though.

Spoted 2239 in white today, not sure which route it was a heck of a day, lots of fun!! I think that it is the only remaining car that is still white. As far as I know the only reason why they have been left in white is because they are checking the cars for premature rusting!