CTrain - SD160 cars

Some photos of #2261 ready to be unloaded off of Rail car #SP520650 this morning at the "PAD". #2262 is sitting in a CP Rail yard somewhere and will probably be sent to the pad very soon. It was already there earlier this week, but was taken away back to CP Yards.

2261b.jpg

2261aleft.jpg

And here are my photos taken this morning of 2259 (Not 2257) Enjoy!

2259not2257.jpg

2259int.jpg

No.... They will simply renumber the exterior numbers. It would be too much of a job renumbering the whole car as they would need to renumber the original 2257 as well. And there are other things like the Penalty stop and bypass numbers that would not match if they start renumbering cars. It would be way too much trouble. I was told this monring that they will just re-decal the fleet numbers on the outside back to 2259.

Wait a second here. When did Calgary Transit first change its livery on the C-Trains?

I love this new Livery. The trains look alive with these colours.. what did someone say... "Ride the Wave" hehe

YUP, catch the wave!

#2230 was in the shops today having the full Ad wrap removed off of it. Too bad they aren't removing the old livery as well and adding the new livery! Should be interesting to see if any of the older SD160's or even the old U2 cars will get the new livery! I hope so!

Me too, I would love to see the U2s in that livery!

• 2 weeks later...

At least its destination is a station that is open. I've seen so many SD160's that show a destination of Crowfoot that its not funny (usually a couple a week recently)

Anyone know if they are still running the couple special McKnight-Dalhousie runs on weekdays that they'd done in the past?

At least its destination is a station that is open. I've seen so many SD160's that show a destination of Crowfoot that its not funny (usually a couple a week recently)

Anyone know if they are still running the couple special McKnight-Dalhousie runs on weekdays that they'd done in the past?

WOW didn't know they did that!

They'd ran these in the past as university specials, usually around 8am from my understanding, to save a fairly large number of riders from having to transfer in the core

Sweet! I had no idea this existed. That picture was taken around evening rush hour ... maybe McKnight was a legitimate destination?

They'd ran these in the past as university specials, usually around 8am from my understanding, to save a fairly large number of riders from having to transfer in the core

There used to be some in the afternoon as well. I remember shooting a southbound Whitehorn train crossing over the Bow River on the NW line.

In fact, here is a photo http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ct/lrv/ct1983u2/2032.jpg

Not mine, but I was there that day.

Apparently two more new SD160's have been spotted on Rail cars by the Victoria Park Garage yesterday. So these two should be #'s 2265 & 2266. So after those two, we only need #'s 2267 to 2272. 6 more!

Awesome. I'm heading into the city a bit later to do some spotting, so I will see if I can get a shot of them.