CTrain - SD160 cars

Nice.

And yeah, Sunday's tend to be pretty slow since the frequency is a the lowest of the week. Last night was different case, due to the stuff happening downtown it seemed like they bumped everything up to 5 mins after about 7pm (and it was needed, I jumped off at Dalhousie around 9:45pm and the train pulled out and people were still left on the station as they simply wasn't enough room on board)

Nice.

And yeah, Sunday's tend to be pretty slow since the frequency is a the lowest of the week. Last night was different case, due to the stuff happening downtown it seemed like they bumped everything up to 5 mins after about 7pm (and it was needed, I jumped off at Dalhousie around 9:45pm and the train pulled out and people were still left on the station as they simply wasn't enough room on board)

Saturday and Sunday are both 15 minute headway on weekends. Yesterday was 15 minutes as well, with two 'floater' trains (trains with no schedule, run wherever needed.)

Saturday and Sunday are both 15 minute headway on weekends. Yesterday was 15 minutes as well, with two 'floater' trains (trains with no schedule, run wherever needed.)

Some quick questions. Where are the floater tains stored? Also, does Sunday service utilize three-cars now? I recall back in '96 that one car would start in the early morning and by mid-morining there were two cars. I wish the C-Trains more frequent than 15 minutes.

From what I've seen aside from shuttling between yards and breakdowns there are never any runs of less then 3 cars any day of the week. And I admit I find it it quite entertaining to watch people at Anderson or Southland as a 6 LRV consist goes by on its way to Hayesboro, anyone that hadn't seen such a run generally looks either quite confused or worried.

I'd imagine the floaters are probably based out of Anderson, generally it seems to me that the LRV's that are stored on the tail tracks, at least at Dalhousie, are there the full weekend.

Yes the Floater Trains are based out of Anderson for the MOST part. But there have been times where they have been off the Dalhousie Tail Tracks. I never got one of those Dalhousie runs, but I did the Anderson based Floater trains a few times. Generally, there are 3 Floater Trains for Hockey nights depending on available Labour.

Yes the Floater Trains are based out of Anderson for the MOST part. But there have been times where they have been off the Dalhousie Tail Tracks. I never got one of those Dalhousie runs, but I did the Anderson based Floater trains a few times. Generally, there are 3 Floater Trains for Hockey nights depending on available Labour.

I agree with Peter. Floaters are almost always sent out of Anderson, with only a few exceptions. Pre-game hockey floaters are rush hour extra trains that simply stay out as a floater for an extra trip. Stampeders games also sometimes see a floater out of Dalhousie, but they always get parked back there so the trains are there for revenue service on weekday mornings. And yes, every day, including Sunday, is three cars now, unless a train has a broken or 'sick' car which was dropped online. The destination for floater trains depends on where the event is held...most events are downtown or at Stampede, so one will go to 10th Street to wait to take the southbound crowds, and the other will wait at Anderson to head northbound. During Stampede, trains will also sit empty on Stampede Tail Track and Stampede C-Track, usually one will clear out Erlton with an empty train southbound, the next might pull out by the the Big Four and turn back north at Stampede or maybe pull into the CP tunnel and turn around for southbound at Stampede. Parade Day is actually the only day that you'll also see a floater on the 4th Street East Tail Track by the CDIC. I suspect that when they open the turnout track between Brentwood and Dalhousie with the Crowfoot extension, you'll see them there too.

I remember as late as last year, Sunday morning trains on route 201 were run with two-car trains. Who know those days would come to an end so quickly.

I think you are thinking of the 202. I remember when driving the train last summer on Sundays, that the 202's would often have a 2 car consist, but the 201's were always 3 car consists.

• 3 weeks later...

I seen 2248 getting it's interior decals in Anderson garage on Friday, I actually hopped inside and took a look, it still had plastic on the floor and I inhaled some of that new ctrain smell . The train on the pad is probably 2249, it sat near Victoria Park for a few days :P

I think that one might be 2250 or possibly 2251 as two LRV's were delivered there over a week ago and were off loaded this past week. So I assume that those were probably 2248 & 2249 or 2249 and 2250.

LRV unloaded on July 23, was delivery #18... assuming they are coming in order that would be 2250.

Another unit seen at the pad today (jul28) should be 2251.

New LRV unloaded today at the pad. Should be 2252.

Here are some pics of the CP consist travelling north after it dropped off the LRV.

P8040118.jpg

P8040119.jpg

Yup! I assume you saw that sometime after about 1500? I saw that same consist with the new LRV by Victoria Park today after about 1400. went down by Portland St. to wait to get some more shots of that and possibly SOO #6033, but neither came by as of about 1500 when I left.