CTrain - SD160 cars

• 1 month later...

Unit 2204s lower skirting has been retrofitted to the newer style skirting and awaits new paint job (white), then I would assume the new livery will be applied, From what I hear all older SDs will be retrofitted in the years to come. Unit 2243 (still white but out of revenue service) still awaits repair from a minor collision earlier this year. Unit 2239 may soon have L.E.D lighting installed (still white) and 2233 is still running around in white The two cars that have been in the derailment in the yard this summer are still damaged and awaits repair, but rumor has it that one of the cars may have frame damage and may be sent away for repair.

Yo, 2243 back in service? It was in the new red livery until her incident and last Isaw when they weer still doing body work, she was plain white!

2243, not sure have not seen that car, last I seen it still was waiting for repairs and still in white and no fleet numbers on the outside, 2234 was outside at Anderson coupled with two U2 cars and I think it will be the next car to be decaled in the new livery.

A 3 car SD train got pulled out of service tonight after running something over on 7th ave and then developed a strange dragging noise just before the Calgary Flames game got out.

2243, not sure have not seen that car, last I seen it still was waiting for repairs and still in white and no fleet numbers on the outside, 2234 was outside at Anderson coupled with two U2 cars and I think it will be the next car to be decaled in the new livery.

A 3 car SD train got pulled out of service tonight after running something over on 7th ave and then developed a strange dragging noise just before the Calgary Flames game got out.

It sounded like Rail 40 said that a bolt had come undone or something to that effect. He then went to on say that he was bypassing track brakes and that the train should be taken out of service ASAP. Somehow it made its way from 3 st sw station to VP Stampede before finally they took it out of service. Rail 40 made that request no less then 3 times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hmmm! What exactly did you hear on that one and why would that one be chosen? That'd be cool though!

im not wuite sure my friend dirves the trains occasionaly and works out of anderson and he said he saw and older SD getting its strips removed he thought it was 2204, so i asumed it would be getting the new livery

Hmmm! What exactly did you hear on that one and why would that one be chosen? That'd be cool though!

This is a post from I did a few months ago (post 255):

Unit 2204s lower skirting has been retrofitted to the newer style skirting and awaits new paint job (white), then I would assume the new livery will be applied, From what I hear all older SDs will be retrofitted in the years to come.

:P

• Board Admin

They have activated a display code on the SD160s "Go Stampeders Go" and "Go Flames Go" I have never seen that on the trains before. Today many of the operators had "Go Stampeders Go" displaying on both ends
I'm hoping that works as a PR message, alternating between that and the destination. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Unit 2204s lower skirting has been retrofitted to the newer style skirting and awaits new paint job (white), then I would assume the new livery will be applied

2204 still in primer, cab seat in one of the ends has been removed, interior is a mess (seats missing) and has a sign on the windshield "no brakes" Has this car been in an accident? Or is it under going a refurb?

2233 is finaly in the new livery saw it a couple days ago. that makes all 40 in the new livery

yup, it sure is, but there is one more car still in white. 2243 I believe was involved in a collision with a car on 7th Ave and has been pulled from revenue ever since. Next time I'm at Anderson I'll double check the train

• Board Admin

Just thought this might be of interest...Edmonton's SD160s are 876kg heavier than Calgary's and have 17 more passengers for approximated total capacity (whatever that is supposed to mean - number of seated is the same).

Just thought this might be of interest...Edmonton's SD160s are 876kg heavier than Calgary's and have 17 more passengers for approximated total capacity (whatever that is supposed to mean - number of seated is the same).

Air conditioning adds more weight, and more electronics on the Edmonton's units, I think you can stuff more standees in the other seating arrangements. I know that there is less isle space in Calgary's SDs then ETSs SDs since I have been in both trains. I heard that the next order will have less seats and more standing room. Seats will be along the walls.

• Board Admin

Our seating configuration only differs in that passengers face each other instead of all facing one direction. I don't know how this translates to more room though, as no one stands between the people facing each other. There might be more room in theory, but it would never get used.