Lynx Air

FutureHeartsJunkie

Very surprised that no one hasn't posted any information about this new airline called "Lynx Air". This new airline was formerly known as "Enerjet".

Anyhoo, this new airline will commence operations this April 2022 and the first Canadian cities that will be seriving at launch time are YYC (Calgary),YLW (Kelowna), YVR (Vancouver, BC), YWG (Winnipeg) and YYZ (Toronto). 

As for the aircraft, they will operate the Boeing 737 MAX 8.

The airline's goal is to compete with the other airlines such as Flair Airlines and Swoop (in the ultra low-cost category) but will compete against the big players like Air Canada and Westjet.

Further reading: https://www.flylynx.com

Edited by FutureHeartsJunkie
correction to the website link

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Flew with them on June 11th from YYC-YVR on Tail #803, C-FULH. Their newest aircraft currently. I bought the plane ticket only a week before my departure and even with paying to bring my carry-on on board and a preferred seat, I only paid $108 including taxes. The flight itself was alright. Left on time and got there on time which is all what matters. They only serve water on the flight. Bring snacks, a portable charger / power bank for your electronic devices and something you to keep you occupied as there is no entertainment or WiFi on board. In all I would fly with them again. 

Screenshot_20220613-041127_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220613-041358_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Lynx has announced plans to offer service to YHM airport for the service to YVR next month:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9572764/airline-lynx-summer-service-hamilton-vancouver/

In the article I had read, it's unclear if the YHM-YVR route will operate as a non-stop service or as a through service via YYC..

• 2 months later...

Lynx continues to expand: the airline has recently launched service from Montreal-Trudeau Airport (YUL) in Montreal, QC to St. John's, NL (YYT)

Additionally, the airline has started a new route: YUL-YYC.

https://vocm.com/2023/06/05/lynx-air-launches-new-direct-affordable-flight-from-yyt-to-montreal/

• 3 weeks later...

Lynx is adding three additional routes in the next few months.

Toronto to Los Angeles effective August 24th: 5x weekly

Montreal to Las Vegas effective August 31st: 4x weekly

Toronto to Phoenix effective October 12th: 3x weekly

Final comments:

Will be interesting how Toronto to Los Angeles will workout since the first flight is around 8 AM in the morning. Providing an alternative to Air Canada when Westjet suspends their direct flights to Los Angeles from Toronto starting in October and resuming in late April. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Lynx Airlines is expanding to Ottawa with routes between Vancouver and Calgary effective May 17, 2024.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ultra-low-cost-lynx-air-coming-to-ottawa-this-spring-1.6672275

The Vancouver to Ottawa route will have a short stop in Calgary, but those who are continuing to Ottawa simply stay on-board the plane. 

Both Ottawa to Vancouver and Calgary will operate 4 days/week with Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday including return trip back to Ottawa.

Final comments:

Lynx is really adding more domestic coverage for an ultra-low cost airline. Especially with the competition between both Air Canada and Westjet. 

EDIT: No longer happening because Lynx Airlines has ceased operations effective February 25th. Original post will still be retained, but this is no longer happening.

• 2 months later...

Was sadly informed through industry contacts today that Lynx Air will cease to exist as of end of day this Sunday, February 25th, 2024, with assets sold and leases cancelled. Finances cited as the reason in an emergency pilot town hall meeting held earlier this afternoon.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nick B said:

Was sadly informed through industry contacts today that Lynx Air will cease to exist as of end of day this Sunday, February 25th, 2024, with assets sold and leases cancelled. Finances cited as the reason in an emergency pilot town hall meeting held earlier this afternoon.

Just saw the tweet posted. Especially with how aviation industry in Canada can be difficult to compete in without understanding the risks and challenges. 

1 hour ago, niatrans10 said:

wonder who will end up getting their max 8's?

They will go back to the leaser and then redistributed to whoever. I'm not sure if WestJet or Flair are expecting any this year. They may recieve the Lynx units.

9 hours ago, G.A said:

They will go back to the leaser and then redistributed to whoever. I'm not sure if WestJet or Flair are expecting any this year. They may recieve the Lynx units.

If they do and there used, the lease payments will probably be lower as they are used planes. You can't expect a leasee to pay full lease amount for used planes at the same price as new planes?

9 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

If they do and there used, the lease payments will probably be lower as they are used planes. You can't expect a leasee to pay full lease amount for used planes at the same price as new planes?

Planes aren't cars, the price is driven by a completely different set of factors.

• Like 2

The whole situation seems pretty shitty for passengers. Sure those who paid by credit cards can get their money back, but not sure about debit cards. Plus then having to scramble and pay for new flights (probably at a much higher cost), there certainly don’t seem to be much of a protection for those affected by the shutdown. Meanwhile the executives and don’t really face any repercussions 

I flew on them once about a year ago from Halifax to Toronto. Nothing to really complain about during it, it was fine for a 2.5 hour flight. I just hope Flair doesn’t suffer the same fate, given the failures of pretty much every other discount airline that tries to operate in Canada 

20 hours ago, JS9749 said:

Does anyone by any chance know the timetables for the last day of service on 25/2 and which flight will be the finale?  Thanks

DAT130 YYZ-YYC and DAT136 YYZ-YEG, scheduled arrival at 23:59 Feb 25th and 00:01 Feb 26th respectively should be the last two arrivals tonight. Subject to change/cancellation. 

On 2/25/2024 at 1:56 PM, Nick B said:

DAT130 YYZ-YYC and DAT136 YYZ-YEG, scheduled arrival at 23:59 Feb 25th and 00:01 Feb 26th respectively should be the last two arrivals tonight. Subject to change/cancellation. 

ok thanks