New Articulated Bus watch

48 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

When the ETS D60LFs are all retired that would make St. Albert Transit's D60LFs the oldest artics in the Canada right?

Are the 2001 St. Albert D60LFs up for retirement soon too? I doubt the 2006s are retiring any time soon as they are only 13 years old.

Some of St. Albert’s D60LF’s are already retired according to the wiki, but not all of them. If there are any left when the ETS units retire, then the St. Albert Buses will be the oldest.

5 minutes ago, Nico Sander said:

Some of St. Albert’s D60LF’s are already retired according to the wiki, but not all of them. If there are any left when the ETS units retire, then the St. Albert Buses will be the oldest.

Just checked the wiki again. #810 is the only D60LF retired. I’m assuming they’ll outlast ETS #4900-4912 though, but we can’t be too certain. Just a waiting game, I guess ?

12 hours ago, Nico Sander said:

Just checked the wiki again. #810 is the only D60LF retired. I’m assuming they’ll outlast ETS #4900-4912 though, but we can’t be too certain. Just a waiting game, I guess ?

Heh, curious about the source of that news as that is the first I've heard of it! Nonetheless it doesn't surprise me...

On a related note (seeing as we are already somewhat off topic hehehe), the wiki also lists those buses as having Detroit Diesel Series 50 EGR's... as far as I know they are just standard S50's no?

3 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

A friend of mine posted a video of 4933 on Youtube. 

Judge by it's sound I say it has an Allison B500R transmission as opposed to the Voith on the D60LFRs. Also I can see that the seats are blue American Vision like OC Transpo's D60LFRs.

• Thanks 1

15 during peak hours. 

Today more XD's were dispatched than LF's. Due to some T55 issues I'm not sure what held down the midday WW trip. Personally, I've been picking on AM 15's out of Mill Woods TC since they end up running to NAIT in better light. The PM WW trips leave quite late from the garage so it's getting dark already by the time they're hitting the road. 

The simple fact that there are more 15 AM runs than PM certainly helps with finding ether XD's or LF's in the morning.

4 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

15 during peak hours. 

Today more XD's were dispatched than LF's. Due to some T55 issues I'm not sure what held down the midday WW trip. Personally, I've been picking on AM 15's out of Mill Woods TC since they end up running to NAIT in better light. The PM WW trips leave quite late from the garage so it's getting dark already by the time they're hitting the road. 

The simple fact that there are more 15 AM runs than PM certainly helps with finding ether XD's or LF's in the morning.

Okay, I’ll leave my apartment on the first 74 Thursday morning. Thanks for helping me out, Martin!

45 minutes ago, A. Wong said:

Definitely have a look at this page if you can while on the go, or before you leave: https://transit55.ca/edmonton/buses/2019-20_New_Flyer_XD60-32

Thanks! I have data on my cell, so I can access the internet anywhere. I’ll make sure to keep a close watch on this page before I arrive at Mill Woods.

• 2 weeks later...

ets4936-DSC09270-12-30-2019.thumb.jpg.0e25726aa119349b625c41ec2d7b5306.jpgets4936-DSC09274-12-30-2019.thumb.jpg.302051090962652996446914ea8a3ea1.jpg
4936 about 5 minutes into it's first block today.

With 4936 in service, that is now 8 XD60's. I figure the magic number to tentatively kill the D60LF's is 9 (7 peak book in the AM, plus 2 spares). 

No Series 50 LF's today, and only 4909 in the morning.

Some runs seem to have had 40' buses however. 16:20 from NAIT seemed to be a LFR and the last 15 AM artic didn't even track at all that we could see, or was just a 40'.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Ha, just before I picked it off at Millgate. 

I think it was -30 at the point.

We were lucky too! Given that our bus was running upwards of 10 minutes late, we probably would have missed it otherwise. Timing wise, the bus finally departed Millgate SB at the time it was scheduled to depart MWTC NB (layover included) :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...