2021-2030 SkyTrain Procurement (Alstom Mark V)// + New OMC4 Construction

Express691

3 minutes ago, Mac Write said:

So they are being assembled at OMC1. What will come of OMC2 if the Mark II trains turn into 3-car sets by converting 202-203, 206-207 to to c-ares by knocking off the drivers cab, and replacing with a gangway.

I don’t think that’s happening; and whatever’s said 20 years ago or “according to the original plan” isn’t likely the case now.

OMC2 is for wrapping and refurbs nowadays though.

• 1 month later...
  • Express691 changed the title to 2021-2030 SkyTrain Procurement (Alstom Mark V)// + New OMC4 Construction
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TransitFanKid said:

Yay!

Why is that necessary to post?  How does it contribute to the discussion?

This is a discussion board / forum, not your personal blog.  Please listen to the comments users have made regarding your posts.  If a post does not provide new and relevant information, meaningfully contribute to ongoing discussion, or answer a question it probably does not need to, and therefore should not be, posted.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, madog222 said:

Why is that necessary to post?  How does it contribute to the discussion?

This is a discussion board / forum, not your personal blog.  Please listen to the comments users have made regarding your posts.  If a post does not provide new and relevant information, meaningfully contribute to ongoing discussion, or answer a question it probably does not need to, and therefore should not be, posted.

Again it just seems that TransitFanKid seems to ignore the comments from other members on the list. He either doesn't understand what others are saying about him or he just refuses to listen!

• Like 1

TransLink has an error with the fleet numbering with the MK1s, MK2s, and MK3s!

MK1s: 0xx-1xx

MK2s

2001 built- 2xx

2009 built- 3xx

MK3s: 4xx.

So it seems like mk1s use the 0xx and 1xx because they are MK1s, mk2s (2001)use the 2xx, and the 2009 built mk2s use the 3xx. So are they mk3s? Then, the mk3s use the 4xx, so are they Mark 4s? Maybe that is why TransLink names the new trains MKVs, or MK5!

• Confused 4

37 minutes ago, TransitFanKid said:

TransLink has an error with the fleet numbering with the MK1s, MK2s, and MK3s!

MK1s: 0xx-1xx

MK2s

2001 built- 2xx

2009 built- 3xx

MK3s: 4xx.

So it seems like mk1s use the 0xx and 1xx because they are MK1s, mk2s (2001)use the 2xx, and the 2009 built mk2s use the 3xx. So are they mk3s? Then, the mk3s use the 4xx, so are they Mark 4s? Maybe that is why TransLink names the new trains MKVs, or MK5!

https://buzzer.translink.ca/2021/11/what-happened-to-the-mark-v/

The Buzzer Blog posted an explanation of this years ago.  Some things have changed since then, most notably the cars getting numbers in the 6000's instead of 500's.

Suffice it to say the fleet number is not automatically indicative of the model number.

• Thanks 5

... What is with you all these days? I've been trying to lurk here and enjoy nerding out on transit info like I have for literal years, and here you all are wasting time being ridiculously rude, criticizing people, attacking anyone who doesn't post in the ways you think people should post, attacking anyone new, behaving really badly. I know interaction skills come hard to people like a lot of us, but, seriously, please stop and think about what you are doing. This is a problem unique to the Vancouver section too, so I'm looking at you all. 

I read this thread for updates on cool new trains, and probably also for photos of the construction of the new maintenance facility, whatever people enjoy enough to post. Do I really have to find different spaces to nerd out in because some of you don't want anyone else here?

Delete this bc its off topic or whatever, but if I have time I will follow up with all this at a community moderation level, because I want to enjoy my interest in trains and bnuses and I want everyone else to be free to do so too. 

• Confused 2

28 minutes ago, DarkKeyo said:

... What is with you all these days? I've been trying to lurk here and enjoy nerding out on transit info like I have for literal years, and here you all are wasting time being ridiculously rude, criticizing people, attacking anyone who doesn't post in the ways you think people should post, attacking anyone new, behaving really badly. I know interaction skills come hard to people like a lot of us, but, seriously, please stop and think about what you are doing. This is a problem unique to the Vancouver section too, so I'm looking at you all. 

I read this thread for updates on cool new trains, and probably also for photos of the construction of the new maintenance facility, whatever people enjoy enough to post. Do I really have to find different spaces to nerd out in because some of you don't want anyone else here?

Delete this bc its off topic or whatever, but if I have time I will follow up with all this at a community moderation level, because I want to enjoy my interest in trains and bnuses and I want everyone else to be free to do so too. 

Solution: Get them to ban Transit fan Kid

• Like 6

Also solution: talk about transit instead of dogpiling your grievances about the guy.

The Vancouver section has been more about posting grievances rather than talking about actual transit lately.

—————

Before anyone forgets, this Saturday will be the last trains on the inbound tracks between Braid and Lougheed for the next two years as construction for the new OMC is set to ramp up.

• Like 6