Transit Involved Collisions

On 11/16/2023 at 11:26 AM, Downsview34. said:

TTC: 

3293 was in a collision today. Not sure the exact details of it. Bus was on 57 midland heading southbound between ellesmere and Lawrence 

3293 is repaired now its back at McNicoll 

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Downsview34. said:

7250 hit the concrete barrier making a left from oakwood onto st. Clair

damn a brand new bus is already getting screwed over.

great, now it's back to this:

Screenshot 2024-03-02 21.34.22.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 3/2/2024 at 6:02 PM, Downsview34. said:

7250 hit the concrete barrier making a left from oakwood onto st. Clair

I swear I saw it in service recently. No evident damage noticed 

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a collision but 8582’s alternator has definitely gone out. It sounded like a OG diesel yesterday and looks like nobody reported it in as it’s in service and sounding much worse today and was having trouble starting up after being shut off for layover. If u wanna catch it it definitely sounds like the weirdest TTC LFS I’ve ever heard

14 hours ago, CJ. said:

Not really a collision but 8582’s alternator has definitely gone out. It sounded like a OG diesel yesterday and looks like nobody reported it in as it’s in service and sounding much worse today and was having trouble starting up after being shut off for layover. If u wanna catch it it definitely sounds like the weirdest TTC LFS I’ve ever heard

That doesnt sound like an alternator to me. If it was the alternator the bus wouldnt be able to last the entire day of service, let alone back to back days because the batteries arent getting a charge. 

On 3/18/2024 at 12:48 PM, fromthe905 said:

That doesnt sound like an alternator to me. If it was the alternator the bus wouldnt be able to last the entire day of service, let alone back to back days because the batteries arent getting a charge. 

It is possible that it was still getting some charge when not using stuff such as heating etc, or those batteries are really reliable. It was definitely the alternator because the lights inside the bus were super dim and flickering ever so slightly and the headlights kept dimming then maxing out again. The destination sign wasn't working at all the second day I saw it. In fact when the operator started the bus up the destination sign had flickered once and then shut off at Warden Station.

I don't think most of the warning lights work on the old novas anyway just like the NG hybrids. They can have near flats, battery problems and nothing may even show up. If the garage forgets to fuel a bus and it gets marked down then you may not even know till it dies suddenly because even the gauge may not work. I witnessed this on the 102 just a few weeks ago

Its in service right now on the 24 so it was likely repaired or it is something strictly electrical

3723 was missing both of its rear doors. That area is covered up by plastic film now. The side of the bus is also scratched with chipped paint

• 3 weeks later...

TTC 8629 lost its driver side mirror while on the 512, this time at the westbound stop by Vaughan Rd, which is another spot in which it is very narrow for another vehicle to pass in the left hand lane. 

I know it’s a relatively minor collision, but still an annoyance nonetheless as it requires a bus to be taken out of service on the route, and seems to be a near-daily occurrence because of the many areas along St. Clair which are tight due to the size of the lanes, along with the street parking. Of course, this could be all avoided if buses were allowed on the ROW, or at the very least, getting rid of the on street parking to improve the flow of traffic, but that’s a pipe dream. As it is right now, the 512 replacement buses are pretty bad anywhere west of Bathurst