STM 39-XXX Delivery Watch / Sightings

Matt Demers

On 11/30/2019 at 11:42 PM, En Transit said:

I was always curious how these new buses were delivered.. does anyone know? And how many do they send at a time?

Nova Bus contracts a private company of mostly retired transit drivers to deliver the buses. Depending on availability, I have seen 5 buses delivered at once, and have seen convois heading to Toronto with upwards of 10 buses.

Buses are driven for 95% of the deliveries unless customer asks for them to be shipped via train or boat (Porto Rico).

--

I wonder why SL is getting the last of the 39s. They were supposed to go to Anjou, but I know a lack of space was a problem because of the expansion of the garage.

On 12/2/2019 at 3:50 AM, MTL66 said:

I wonder why SL is getting the last of the 39s. They were supposed to go to Anjou, but I know a lack of space was a problem because of the expansion of the garage.

IIRC, Anjou is supposed to get 95 buses (unless that changed). They should have 39-040 to 39-135, leaving just 15 more hybrids out of the 150 hybrid bus orders for this year. Perhaps the last 15 hybrids are going to SL?

15 minutes ago, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

IIRC, Anjou is supposed to get 95 buses (unless that changed). They should have 39-040 to 39-135, leaving just 15 more hybrids out of the 150 hybrid bus orders for this year. Perhaps the last 15 hybrids are going to SL?

Remember that for next board period, SL will service both the 964 and 968 wich will require 30 to 50 buses. These 15 will really help!

• Like 1

Indeed, AE plates have made a comeback. I guess SAAQ is divesting of backlog. Otherwise they will soon reach 6 digit bus plates ex: A123456. Not that this is a problem. Dealer X plates have been there for some time.

• 3 weeks later...

In conclusion to this topic:

- ~150 hybrids have been added into the fleet (39-147 has yet to be in service). One notable change is that the 39-XXX hybrids have vapor doors.

- 39-016 was the first bus to be seen in service, on the 105.

- Stinson received the first 25 hybrids in the 39-XXX series, 15 of which are for the 747. Initially, the hybrids for the 747 route had no seats in the wheelchair area, but have been added a couple of months after.

- Anjou started to receive hybrids from 39-026 and up.

- Around halfway through the year, 39-016 to 39-040 have been transferred from Stinson and Anjou to Frontenac.

- Anjou received ~110 hybrids (39-040 to 39-150) rather than 95.

- LaSalle received an LFSe (39-902) and was seen on the 36. The other LFSes have not been put into service yet.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 12:15 PM, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

In conclusion to this topic:

- ~150 hybrids have been added into the fleet (39-147 has yet to be in service). One notable change is that the 39-XXX hybrids have vapor doors.

The 39-000s are the last buses with Masats doors (from 36-000s to 39s, except 36-900s and 39-900s). Vapor doors are those seen on the LFS buses since the very beginning. Vapor being the company.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexLy said:

The 39-000s are the last buses with Masats doors (from 36-000s to 39s, except 36-900s and 39-900s). Vapor doors are those seen on the LFS buses since the very beginning. Vapor being the company.

The 39-000s have Vapor doors actually. As discussed in the Today's Sightings thread, the Vapor doors in the 39-000s are more quieter and the rear doors accurately synchronize with each other compared to the MASATS door found in the 36-000s to 38s (even though the doors look and sound the same).

The wiki page for the 39-XXX hybrids points out that they are equipped with vapor doors: https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Société_de_transport_de_Montréal_39-001_to_39-150

They are equipped with Vapor doors

@MTL66 pointed it out as well:

On 1/13/2019 at 6:24 PM, MTL66 said:

they have vapor doors

10 hours ago, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

The 39-000s have Vapor doors actually. As discussed in the Today's Sightings thread, the Vapor doors in the 39-000s are more quieter and the rear doors accurately synchronize with each other compared to the MASATS door found in the 36-000s to 38s (even though the doors look and sound the same).

The wiki page for the 39-XXX hybrids points out that they are equipped with vapor doors: https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Société_de_transport_de_Montréal_39-001_to_39-150

@MTL66 pointed it out as well:

I won't argue, lol. I'm just saying that MASATS and Vapor are two different companies and do not make the same door models. They are physically distinct and have their own features.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw 39-403 on the 212 this afternoon. It and 39-402 were both tracking on the 212 via Felix's app. I went out of my way to check them out because I thought that maybe they could be the BYD electric Midibuses that the STM and RTL ordered , and also because the RTL received their first BYD. But, they were just Ford cutaways, probably the same model as the 30-4XX and 32-4XX. I don't even think they were hybrid as there was no mention of it on the bus. While I didn't manage to get any good pictures, the only visual exterior difference I saw was that the rear display is the same one used in the STM's 40-XXX.

Since I'm posting here, I mind as well say that 39-147 still hasn't been seen on Felix's app and 39-902 hasn't been tracking since December. Although, there's always the possibility that both of their trackers are broken at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 6:53 PM, West Island Transit Fan said:

I saw 39-403 on the 212 this afternoon. It and 39-402 were both tracking on the 212 via Felix's app. I went out of my way to check them out because I thought that maybe they could be the BYD electric Midibuses that the STM and RTL ordered , and also because the RTL received their first BYD. But, they were just Ford cutaways, probably the same model as the 30-4XX and 32-4XX. I don't even think they were hybrid as there was no mention of it on the bus. While I didn't manage to get any good pictures, the only visual exterior difference I saw was that the rear display is the same one used in the STM's 40-XXX.

Since I'm posting here, I mind as well say that 39-147 still hasn't been seen on Felix's app and 39-902 hasn't been tracking since December. Although, there's always the possibility that both of their trackers are broken at the moment.

39-147 was on the 187 yesterday (Saturday). I spotted it a couple of times throughout the evening on the road.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...