Missing in action subway cars

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 1:11 AM, D40-90 said:

5002/03 and 5231/30 have been on service in the last week or so for sure.

Saw 5002/5003 out today. Still have yet to see 5230/5231 tho.

My guess would be that one out of those 3 that are mia is being converted to a workcar meanwhile the other 2 pairs could be getting CCTV installed.

There was a 6 car set that was used by the engineering dept, Next time I see it ill get the numbers. If you guys get a chance to see it, there's red lights underneath the train and a bunch of cameras. its to scan for rail defects, which I guess they'll use to inspect the rail. It looks cool as the train is moving off.

A few more trains including 5203 has cameras now. I believe its covered up for now 

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

There was a 6 car set that was used by the engineering dept, Next time I see it ill get the numbers. If you guys get a chance to see it, there's red lights underneath the train and a bunch of cameras. its to scan for rail defects, which I guess they'll use to inspect the rail. It looks cool as the train is moving off.

A few more trains including 5203 has cameras now. I believe its covered up for now 

That train had RT-90/91 (Ex 5184/5185) on it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TechnicaProductions said:

Only 6 cars in total are getting converted as of now. Nowhere near enough to replace all the H4s. They're likely replacing some of the older ones that were converted back in the early 2000s.

Well I think the rest of the H4s need to go before the wayside signal system is decommissioned. That way the TTC doesn't need to waste money installing CBTC equipment only to remove it a few years later.

• Confused 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:15 AM, Transit geek said:

Well I think the rest of the H4s need to go before the wayside signal system is decommissioned. That way the TTC doesn't need to waste money installing CBTC equipment only to remove it a few years later.

I do believe that the work cars have already received whatever equipment the ATC system needs to deal with them. To the best of my knowledge they will not be receiving the ATO equipment, however.

Dan

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smallspy said:

I do believe that the work cars have already received whatever equipment the ATC system needs to deal with them. To the best of my knowledge they will not be receiving the ATO equipment, however.

That makes sense; the work cars have to be able to operate up to Vaughan if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rami A. said:

T1 5306/7 and 5178/9 have been missing for a while, has anyone seen them recently?

Saw 5306/7 several times this month. They were in service today in the middle of the train, the other cars were 5348/9 and 5354/5. I'm pretty sure I saw 5178/9 earlier this month as well, but I've definitely seen 5306/7 a lot this month.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 9:37 PM, TTC5327 said:

Saw 5306/7 several times this month. They were in service today in the middle of the train, the other cars were 5348/9 and 5354/5. I'm pretty sure I saw 5178/9 earlier this month as well, but I've definitely seen 5306/7 a lot this month.

Yup i can confirm i got to see 5306 yesterday. I haven't seen 5260/1, 5268/9, and 5254/5  in a while, has anyone else seen them recently?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...