Van Hool

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know who Van Hool's transit bus distributor in Canada through the 2000s and early 2010s was?

I think they previously sold the AG700 to RTL through Girardin back in the 80s, but I'm having trouble finding any information about the history of their transit buses in North America after that.

19 minutes ago, blue.bird.fan said:

Does anyone know who Van Hool's transit bus distributor in Canada through the 2000s and early 2010s was?

I think they previously sold the AG700 to RTL through Girardin back in the 80s, but I'm having trouble finding any information about the history of their transit buses in North America after that.

Literature I have from the 2006 Trans-Expo were from McNab Transit Sales. However literature I have from 2008 or so lists ABC Companies.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, 2044 said:

Did Van Hool discontinue the TX40 and TX45? Looks like they were removed from the ABC Companies site by June 2023.

That was mentioned in a recent Motorcoach World video (interview starts at 8:20 roughly) with Thom from ABC at the UMA Expo, he stated at this time they are focusing on the CX-45 model as the demand for that model is higher and selling more. (The new 2024 model looks pretty nice IMO) However if an operator was specifically looking for a new TX it's not necessarily off the table, but would defer to ABC and Van Hool directly for specifics.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, G.A said:

Vahool ditches the Electric Bus. Can't keep up with the competition it says. They also are seeking creditor protection as they seem to be heading for bankruptcy. From what it looks like they will be next on the chopping block.

Wow... one of the most famous coach builders, biting the dust for good. :(

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, G.A said:

Van Hool has been declared bankrupt but it seems the company will be taken over by Dutch VDL and German Schmitz Cargobull there is more information in the link.

https://www.sustainable-bus.com/news/van-hool-bankruptcy/

R.I.P. Van Hool (1947-2024).

Gone But not Forgotten