Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

The AG700s were acquired mainly to be used on the 45. They were also used on the 73.  The 90 did not exist yet at that point. In its first years of existence (around 1995) the 90 was operated with new looks and classics.   

Later on in their life the AG700s also got used on the 86 and 87 as well as some school extras. 

So I was doing some searching around and had a couple more questions regarding the AG300s:

What was up with the black rims on some units? There are a few pictures floating around of 20603 with all 3 axles having black wheels, then I found 20602 with only the front axles black and the trailing two in standard grey. Were the buses delivered with them, and then replaced?

Did 20112 always have a black bumper; was this a pilot when it was installed?

Forgive the bluntness of this, but why do both years of the AG300s look so beat-up? Never seen buses with so many chips/dents/scratches etc. 

5 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Forgive the bluntness of this, but why do both years of the AG300s look so beat-up? Never seen buses with so many chips/dents/scratches etc. 

Terminus Centre-Ville + Highway usage all their career + Not the best bus for north america = That result

57 minutes ago, eclair14 said:

Terminus Centre-Ville + Highway usage all their career + Not the best bus for north america = That result

Hahah

I had a feeling it had to do with that, Champlain especially. Those expansion joints got pretty brutal in some places. They also had the bounciest trailers, but that's down to the fact that the trailer was light due to lack of an engine there.

I suppose the LFSAs are taking it a bit better. 

SCOOP! New routes to come in April 2018, operating out of Garage Longueuil:

• A route out of Gare Longueuil - St-Hubert
  • A route operating between Terminus de Mortagne and Roland-Therrien/Jacques-Cartier

Détails to follow...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

RTL has announced that with the Jacques-Cartier / Champlain bridge society, they are launching a "bike bus bridge" service between Papineau Metro and Longueuil terminal. Service will be every 20 minutes only during rush hour weekdays. Maximum 10 bikes per bus, regular fare apply.

Seems the service will operate until the reopening of the bike path over the Jacques-Cartier bridge at spring time.

• Like 1

LOL it will never make it every 20 mins due to traffic. Good luck to the driver. Zero battement, he will have to turn and burn. I really hope that they assigned 3 buses for it but knowing them they will chince out and only put two buses.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Transitfan39 said:

Has the RTL stopped running the NovaBus artics on the 45 route? I didn’t spot them on the 45 but only on the 90 route

Don't hold me to it, as others probably know much more, but 40 footers do make their way onto the 45 every now and then from my knowledge. I remember seeing alot of classics doing the 45 when they were still around. I think the 90 exclusively gets artics (perhaps that has to do with AMT? again, others probably know more).

On 04/01/2018 at 2:51 PM, Transitfan39 said:

Has the RTL stopped running the NovaBus artics on the 45 route? I didn’t spot them on the 45 but only on the 90 route

No problem finding Nova artics on the 45, 7 days a week. According to tristan, only the four 2006 Van Hools remain in service. The odds that the majority if not all of these units are running the 45 are slim although not impossible.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Do buses that use the Champlain Bridge during rush hour (when the pylons are out) have to obey a lower speed limit that the stated 70 max? 

One thing that will be great about the new bridge is the busway in the middle. Looking forward to that. 

I think RTL buses are governed to 70 km/h anyway...

1 minute ago, MiWay0310 said:

I was referring to the RTL buses, but even they have vitesse maximale 90 stickers on them. I thought everything was governed at 105?

I've edited my post.

You're right, I believe it is STL and URBIS that's governed to 70, and RTL 90.  My mistake...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdgta2008 said:

I've edited my post.

You're right, I believe it is STL and URBIS that's governed to 70, and RTL 90.  My mistake...

STL is 90. The 70 limit sticker on URBIS buses is for when they run on reserved lanes if my memory serves correctly.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎01 at 12:58 PM, MiWay0310 said:

Do buses that use the Champlain Bridge during rush hour (when the pylons are out) have to obey a lower speed limit that the stated 70 max? 

One thing that will be great about the new bridge is the busway in the middle. Looking forward to that. 

We are expected to drive maximum 60km/h on that particular reserved lane. Some drive more, others drive less. No names or companies will be mentioned!

Most buses are governed to 90 km/h. Some can do 95, others 100. Can the speedometer be believed? That is the question. I have passed by radars stating that I am driving 45 when my speedo is indicating 40.

I can tell you guys that I can hit 100 in a nova hybrid on the downslope of the Lafontaine tunnel if I am doing 90 on the approach. This is the only instance where I can surpass 90 in the HEV.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chris_the_traveller said:

I rode a hybrid on the Champlain bridge yesterday on the 45, was not expecting that. We were probably going around 80 as the driver was passing other vehicles. I saw there was also a hybrid on the 90, and saw two LFS artics laying over at TCV.

I actually came in by train last night and was on an LFSA. Guy was doing 90 on the Champlain, destroying other cars lol. I'm surprised they don't have them limited at 105, but then again, I don't see the need for it, since most roads in Brossard are 70-80ish at best. 

Side note: Rode a LFSh on the 47. That stop/start stuff on the HDS Series E is suuuuper trippy lol. Neat though. 

• Like 1

On 04/02/2018 at 11:02 AM, Chris_the_traveller said:

I rode a hybrid on the Champlain bridge yesterday on the 45, was not expecting that. We were probably going around 80 as the driver was passing other vehicles. I saw there was also a hybrid on the 90, and saw two LFS artics laying over at TCV.

There are certain tripper runs of 45 after AM rush direction bona and after PM rush direction parc (Panama) that will be completed using conventional buses that have interlined off of other routes.

With the retirement of 201XX Van Hool buses, route 90 is converted to 100% conventional bus operation with all articulateds to be used exclusively on route 45. This change has been effective 1 January 2018.

21 minutes ago, SMS said:

With the retirement of 201XX Van Hool buses, route 90 is converted to 100% conventional bus operation with all articulateds to be used exclusively on route 45. This change has been effective 1 January 2018.

Yeah, that explains it, because I saw a 207xx on the 90 last weekend and was like wow lol.

Has the frequency been adjusted for the 90?