Jump to content

Réseau de transport de Longueuil


Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Changes happening on a daily basis at RTL! Since yesterday: Samuel de Champlain Bridge reserved lane no longer in function due to virtually no traffic; Victoria Bridge no longer ha

As mentioned in Today's Sightings, yesterday was the first day the 219XX went in service for the public on routes out of GASH division. 21901, 21902, and 21912 were personally spotted by me. These bus

Yesterday, history was made with 21056 making the last morning rush crossing of the Champlain Bridge in the reserved lane as route 45 leaving Panama at 9 am. The destination sign was set to IN MEMORIA

Posted Images

20 buses have been sidelined at GASH inside Garage 1 since the summer. I took the trouble to note these down:

  • 20302 (VAD last signed 2 July 2020)
  • 20407
  • 20416
  • 20403
  • 20404
  • 20413
  • 20316
  • 20308
  • 20311
  • 20409
  • 20408
  • 20417
  • 20307
  • 20412
  • 20410
  • 20405
  • 20415
  • 20320
  • 20411
  • 20418
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Since last week Monday, routes 6, 13, 14, 19, 54, and 59 were transferred from galo to gash.

Also, since last week Monday, route 8 - Metro Longueuil - chemin de Chambly - Promenades St Bruno has become a universally accessible line.

As far as gash is concerned, it is a matter of time until all of their routes are accessible. Every bus parked in Garage 2 (Satellite) is accessible (series 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020). In Garage 1 (Grande-Allée), apart from the 2010 articulateds, there are the following series: 2013 (accessible), 2011 (unofficially accessible) and a handful of 2007 & 2008 buses. Once the second gens are gone, and the artics are retired once the REM opens, the RTL will be able to make several routes accessible at the drop of a hat!

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

SCOOP: New route 461 will be created to address LHL tunnel woes, and a 5 platform terminal will be constructed at the SW corner of Sherbrooke St E at du Trianon right next to Métro Radisson. It is time to talk seriously about this project, because the heaviest of work will take place between 2022-2024 according to https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/projets-infrastructures/reseau-routier/projets-routiers/CMM/louis-hippolyte-lafontaine/Pages/refection-pont-tunnel.aspx

Details to follow...

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SMS said:

SCOOP: New route 461 will be created to address LHL tunnel woes, and a 5 platform terminal will be constructed at the SW corner of Sherbrooke St E at du Trianon right next to Métro Radisson. It is time to talk seriously about this project, because the heaviest of work will take place between 2022-2024 according to https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/projets-infrastructures/reseau-routier/projets-routiers/CMM/louis-hippolyte-lafontaine/Pages/refection-pont-tunnel.aspx

Details to follow...

There is not much room to put a Terminal there though with the Hydro Quebec site. They did construct a terminal just south of the current station that is being used by Route 500 for the Mascouche Shuttles, there are 4 bays in that temporary terminal set up in a portion of the Place Versailles parking lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 3:08 AM, MTL66 said:

There is not much room to put a Terminal there though with the Hydro Quebec site. They did construct a terminal just south of the current station that is being used by Route 500 for the Mascouche Shuttles, there are 4 bays in that temporary terminal set up in a portion of the Place Versailles parking lot.

Based on a MTQ video, they plan to use the last bit of green land next to the south entrance of the station to build the terminal

image.thumb.png.bbfbed7a742ae1f7d7b139e9b3213740.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have a document (dated May 2nd, 2019) in the link SMS sent: https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/projets-infrastructures/reseau-routier/projets-routiers/CMM/louis-hippolyte-lafontaine/Documents/Documentation/presentation-travaux-mesures-attenuation.pdf and I have attached a screenshot of the relevant page, if anyone is interested in seeing the design for the platforms.

radisson.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

They have a document (dated May 2nd, 2019) in the link SMS sent: https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/projets-infrastructures/reseau-routier/projets-routiers/CMM/louis-hippolyte-lafontaine/Documents/Documentation/presentation-travaux-mesures-attenuation.pdf and I have attached a screenshot of the relevant page, if anyone is interested in seeing the design for the platforms.

radisson.png

It is going to be hell in that area, more so than it already is. The city will need to adjust the traffic lights by a lot in order for this to be effective. I have personally waited 3-4 traffic lights getting out of the parking lot at radisson because the light on Du Trianon is so short and not synced with the lights when turning right on Sherbrooke.

What often causes a delay in that specific spot is the light right after we turn right onto Sherbrooke at the other exit for the commuter parking lot and Provigo/Place Versailles. That light is red because both exits from the parking lot have the light at the same time, so the small space between those 2 lights fills up quickly and causes a jam. The city needs to make the light on Trianon North/South green at the same time the one of Sherbrooke eastbound only in order to releave the traffic that collects in that area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...