EX Calgary D40LF

wt_enthusiast_photos

Is anyone watching the city council paperwork online? Last I heard the negotiations between Winnipeg Transit and Calgary Transit were done but Winnipeg City Council hadn't signed off on the the deal.

I've been watching the agenda's lately, and sadly, I haven't seen anything transit-related for awhile now.

• 2 weeks later...

301-3xx would be my guess, although I don't know how many they would actually be getting. There are a couple other slots they could use if it's only 10-20 units. (I'm assuming they'll get 3 digit numbers)

Here's what numbers they can use

170-199

282-299

300s

562-569

641-660

950-970

I think I'm gonna but my money on 950-970 or 630-660

'cept when they leased some ETS Jimmies and had them in the Winnipeg 600 series

This has been a more recent thing. The D30LF's, D40i's, D60LF's, 1994 D40LF's, the electric units are all 900's. That being said...

The quantity is not public information until Council decides to approve the request. And they could cap the funds below the amount requested (or just say "no"), but some of the suggested number ranges above are not big enough.

The best way to find out is wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm told the purchase is still on. The units could start arriving in Winnipeg "any day now'...

Plan is to paint and decal them, install fareboxes and communications subsystems, and then introduce them into service.

I was secretly hoping they wouldn't paint them, just slap on Winnipeg Transit decals, so they would be obvious on the street...

I was secretly hoping they wouldn't paint them, just slap on Winnipeg Transit decals, so they would be obvious on the street...

This is what BT did with ours...they still have the Calgary striping with BT logos

Not to mention probably rotted all to HE double hockey sticks due to the amount of salt they use out that way on the roads.

Agreed. CT's 1995's were refurbished in the late 2000's and have seen light use since with being out maybe 5 days a week during peak hours. TTC's D40LF's were also refurbished around the same time and see mostly all day service 7 days a week.