Edmonton and Area spotting and news

t_harris01

• Board Admin

Nice! Thanks for sharing your pictures. These are the first buses to come with "Edmonton Transit Service" decals from the factory. That silver piece on the roof at the back was painted blue on the last batch of XD40s.

Judging by the photo I wonder if the driver side mirror is electric controlled? The Novas at CMBC has electric driver mirrors and looks like the same type as this. The new Xcelsior's at CMBC are manual driver side mirrors.

If you look above the driver window that's an external camera by the unit number just in front of the 7.  

21 hours ago, Old Look said:

7002 was parked in the compound at Ferrier today in case anyone wants to have a sneak preview.  Looks like a different style of ETS decal on the back end.

IMG_0071.thumb.jpg.87bc117f28be565d6a88ea53375e4534.jpg

IMG_0073.thumb.jpg.7e80a8017bc45ee2611add594c3ab1c6.jpg

Nice bus. Would look better with the full roof fairings and Alcoa aluminum rims, but at least they went with a power mirror. 

On 3/15/2018 at 8:09 PM, A. Wong said:

Nice! Thanks for sharing your pictures. These are the first buses to come with "Edmonton Transit Service" decals from the factory. That silver piece on the roof at the back was painted blue on the last batch of XD40s.

I thought the Vicinity's were the first...

By the way, are these D40LF's still sitting in the compound right now?

This is a picture when I visit 2 years ago.

#208@BKD (1).JPG

1 hour ago, S3BL470 said:

By the way, are these D40LF's still sitting in the compound right now?

This is a picture when I visit 2 years ago.

Only 246 is left

The Vicinity's also have driver side camera (wonder if there is a separate screen for it for the driver?)

They also used the same ETS stickers from the front on the back

• Board Admin
13 hours ago, S3BL470 said:

You could be right. I thought about that the next morning after I posted it.

I don't know if the decals are applied here or not though for the Vicinity buses. The pictures of them I've seen while they are still in BC don't have them on yet but it may be applied before delivery to Edmonton - I just don't know.

12 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Nope, no screens for the drivers. 

The cameras are only used for collisions, incidents. The driver can tag the date/time with a button so they know where to view the footage when they pull the cameras.  

• 3 weeks later...