TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

34 minutes ago, Vbao Lu said:

add 1207 on 199

It was working.

Please confirm that the speakers are working before posting.

:)

I think it's enough to just post that a bus has the speaker. Maybe it's not working or maybe it's disabled, but at least it's been installed.

+1042, 1062, 1212 (first time I seen one working on a NG on last Thursday on the 199B. Thought it was posted but it wasn't)

8069 had one but it wasn't working.

Majority of the west end OG buses (1000s, 7900s and 8000s) have speakers. Just not posted here. I'm not about to stand at Kipling to record them all down. I have yet to see any west end NGs have speakers.

8102, 8108, 8137, 8138, 8161 all have them installed. Can't confirm if they were working or not.

On 4/30/2016 at 11:58 PM, Vbao Lu said:

I just put square brackets on 7700-7882 and also 7900-7979, since we can assume that they have it all installed and working.

Keep posting the 7700-7882 and 7900-7979 here with working speakers until we can all confirm this.

Just remember 7940 (the formerly MIA bus) doesn't have one last time I seen it a few days ago.

After external speakers, Presto readers should be next?

CP24 reported 20 buses from Queensway will carry working Presto readers starting today, and I remembered riding 1701 on 98 with one - not working of course, but everyone is busy keeping track of speakers so I let that one slip...

2 hours ago, Buurin said:

After external speakers, Presto readers should be next?

CP24 reported 20 buses from Queensway will carry working Presto readers starting today, and I remembered riding 1701 on 98 with one - not working of course, but everyone is busy keeping track of speakers so I let that one slip...

I remember seeing that unit on the 51 with the prestos (not working) and without blue seats. (Sometime in 2016)

Well I can confirm that Presto readers have started to be installed on Queensway buses. One of the D40LF's has had it installed for a while now (at least 3-4 weeks ago).

8013 has the Presto readers installed but not operational. However, it doesnt have external speakers installed yet

8014 and 8040 have the green presto banner. I assume they're working. 8020 has it installed from last week. Not sure if it's activated yet.

I wonder if it makes more sense to just retire the D40LFs by the end of the year instead of installing them as those buses won't last more than a year max. Judging that 13 of them retired and more Novas are awaiting PDI at Arrow, it won't be long till more are retired.