New Flyer D60LF Retirement / Storage watch

Express691

1 hour ago, Evan Hancock said:

Those haven’t been in service since October 30 and 31st. Could be the end of the D60LF for Translink.

And a very unfortunate ending for them too; at the start of a strike

We can almost say that they too are retired. There's enough XDE60s in service to warrant their retirement.

On 10/31/2019 at 10:25 AM, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

Looks to me like 8043 is the oldest active articulated bus in North America. It is also the last active 1990s built articulated.

Well, the oldest D60LFs in Canada at least. Now that Vancouver's D60LFs are all gone, I guess it's now Edmonton's 2001 units that are now the oldest.

Come to Ottawa we still have very young D60LFs at only 11 years of age.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:12 PM, Express691 said:

False. Greater Lafayette has 3 ex-Minnesota units from 1998

The oldest in the States really.

On 11/21/2019 at 2:05 AM, Busmanic92 said:

Really hasn't been out since Halloween? Maybe translink/cmbc is trying to scare the transit enthusiasts into they are done as a long Halloween joke? 

TransLink has better things to do. The world doesn't revolve around us. Most likely they're just keeping that unit in reserve in case it's needed to cover for another unit (involved in an accident, severe breakdown, e.t.c)
Ten years ago D40 and D60 units (and some D40LF and D60LF too) were stored just like this at OTC - the reason was they were reserve units that came out during the Olympics.

2 hours ago, SidneyTransitfan said:

TransLink has better things to do. The world doesn't revolve around us. Most likely they're just keeping that unit in reserve in case it's needed to cover for another unit (involved in an accident, severe breakdown, e.t.c)
Ten years ago D40 and D60 units (and some D40LF and D60LF too) were stored just like this at OTC - the reason was they were reserve units that came out during the Olympics.

Just buy a small storage barn. Keep the spare units there. Just a thought. We know translink may be broke because the driver's don't get enough pay to skip breaks due to the short recovery time from being late. 

1 hour ago, Busmanic92 said:

Just buy a small storage barn. Keep the spare units there. Just a thought. We know translink may be broke because the driver's don't get enough pay to skip breaks due to the short recovery time from being late. 

Pretty sure they already have something like like that. I’m just not sure they still use it.

3 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

The next things going into storage discussion are LFRs and 9400/9600 novas

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, Express691 said:

The next things going into storage discussion are LFRs and 9400/9600 novas

All i want gone are the nova to me they are complete garbage to my taste buds, as well as the 7447-7504/3309-3358 series. Those are crap to me. We all have different model tastes.