Cold Lake Transit

DavidW

4 hours ago, SidneyTransitfan said:

I noticed an oddity on my trip to Cold Lake in June.

The wiki lists 5012 as ex. Calgary 5098, but according to the pictures I took, they're two different buses.

Could you share the pictures you took and why you think they are different buses?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 12:44 PM, JK-from-YYC said:

Thread bump: a bus numbered 5017 appeared on Transloc today. Did Cold Lake get more Novas?

transloc.png

I don't think anyone's heard anything, and the last time I was in Cold Lake was in July. I never spotted anything out of the ordinary then, but then again I'm not sure if the bus yard I found (with the retired/spare Classics inside) is the actual garage, or if there is another facility nearby.

EDIT: While looking for the 'updates' page for Cold Lake (regarding the bulletins posted for 'non-accessible bus will be in service') I came across this little article detailing a new low-floor bus for Cold Lake. It doesn't reveal what type, but this is likely the new '5017' unit.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/new-public-transit-and-active-transportation-infrastructure-in-banff-and-cold-lake-alberta-886184067.html

Edited by SidneyTransitfan
Article Found

2 hours ago, JK-from-YYC said:

To add to what you've found, here's a page @BC_YYC recently sent me which I forgot to bring up. The Cold Lake website describes new gas-powered low-floor buses to replace the last Classics. https://www.coldlake.com/content/new-accessible-transportation-vehicle-increase-efficiency-improve-comfort-passengers

The article is speaking to the City's "Special Transportation" service, which is a paratransit service - not the regular routes. The article speaks to the new bus retiring a high-floor lift equipped bus (the Classics weren't lift-equipped), and how it retired the "last diesel bus" (except that the two Novas are definitely diesel powered).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/3/2023 at 11:08 AM, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Has anyone figured out what fleet numbers Cold Lake Transit has assigned these ex-Strathcona County Transit buses?

I just paid a visit to Cold Lake. They weren't running but I spotted them in the yard this afternoon. 5021 (not yet repainted) and 5022 (repainted).

I'll update the wiki shortly.

• 7 months later...
2 minutes ago, wt_enthusiast_photos said:

Is 5007 is Active or has it been retired? I’m aware it’s been a spare bus. 

Logically, with the addition of 5022, it is no longer required and is no longer part of the active fleet. Not sure if it is still on property or not. Not sure what the status of 5021 is, but, it isn't listed as part of the active fleet. Could be in storage in case it's needed, could be for parts.