General CTrain Discussion

Technically it means that for the first time, Saddletown is spelled right grammatically.

As for the 15 min 4 car trains tomorrow (I understand it's only tomorrow), that means 16 train cars run in an hour instead of the 18 that would run on a normal weekend schedule (6x3 cars vs 4x4 cars). Between that and the fact that the extra car doesn't add much passenger space, I expect it to be very crowded and busy. Still an interesting experiment, I guess (and necessary for construction)

1 hour ago, Nick B said:

All trains on the Somerset-Heritage leg of the Red Line this weekend are 4 car sets from yesterday. Not sure about the Tuscany-39th Ave leg.

All trains on the Tuscany-39 Ave are 3 car. As they come from OBMF... which means from the NE leg which at the moment is currently unable to support revenue 4 car service. Unless trains are going out of service to and from city hall and deadheading to and from OBMF....which is extremely unlikely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimmyC62 said:

An observation that might be of mild interest - around 10:15pm July 1, spotted a 3-car consist heading out from Brentwood, breaking the all-4-car streak of the day.

That would've been the PM extras & floaters that came from OBMF for the post football and Canada Day crowds. As Gsgeek mentioned above, OBMF isn't supposed to send out 4-cars. 

• Like 1

On Saturday, July 02, 2016 at 6:03 PM, CTrainDude said:

That would've been the PM extras & floaters that came from OBMF for the post football and Canada Day crowds. As Gsgeek mentioned above, OBMF isn't supposed to send out 4-cars. 

Also the floaters out of OBMF float better then out of AG. 

Numerous signs appeared at University Station today, warning that the Pedestrian Bridge will be closed for reno/construction July 30-Aug 1. There's no indication that the station itself will be closed, but since the only way in and out of the station is through the Bridge...

Presumably they expect passengers to use Brentwood or Banff Trail instead, perhaps with shuttle buses thrown into the mix? There's nothing on the CT site about this.

On 7/12/2016 at 2:07 PM, TimmyC62 said:

Numerous signs appeared at University Station today, warning that the Pedestrian Bridge will be closed for reno/construction July 30-Aug 1. There's no indication that the station itself will be closed, but since the only way in and out of the station is through the Bridge...

Presumably they expect passengers to use Brentwood or Banff Trail instead, perhaps with shuttle buses thrown into the mix? There's nothing on the CT site about this.

Looking at the schedule for that weekend, there appears to be no train service between Brentwood and Lions Park stations. I'm spitballing here, but those signs look a lot more like the type Roads uses than Transit, so maybe they were dropped off before transit was expecting. Or maybe I'm completely wrong :P.

Either way, it's not very good communication.

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, 1604 said:

'4 Car Train' showing on some series 5/6/7 cars now. 

IMG_20160802_131814.jpg

Thats great that its being mentioned finally! It's actually always been programed in there since day 1, on these cars. There's an extra step involved to show on the screen that most operators forget about. There also a code for the Blue Line 4 Car Train too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 9:10 AM, DarkKeyo said:

Technically it means that for the first time, Saddletown is spelled right grammatically.

11 minutes ago, Jon Calon said:

This software can't edit properly...

Saddletowne is named after the street in which it resides.  Saddletowne Circle is the road that wraps around the station and other parts of the community, and was a suggestion initially proposed by yours truly during the community consultation committee meetings.  The station was originally to be called Saddle Ridge. Since the station was on the border of three communities - Martindale to the southwest, Taradale to the southeast and Saddleridge to the north, I suggested that the station be named after something much more local - like Saddletowne.  Somewhat surprisingly, the other members on the committee (two or three from Martindale, as well as two or three from Saddleridge and just myself from Taradale) agreed with the notion and the city made it happen.

So in effect, I'm taking some offense to your "Saddletown is spelled right grammatically" comment... Saddletown is incorrect, period.

Jon

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gsgeek540 said:

2219 heading back to Sacramento tomorrow on the flatbed that 2409 came on.

Progress of 2207 is going well. Siemens is getting some input on a final dash board layout. No ETA on return.

Are they asking operators for input? If so when and where?

I hear the cab will NOT have centerized operator seat. Too much money I guess.

Thanks for the info!