NJ TRANSIT (New Jersey Transit)

septa105R5/seClip9

3 hours ago, MTA-(T)-Train said:

For Dave Mackey (who edits many NJT articles):

MCIs 7401-7407, 7410, 7412-7416, 7418, 7505, 7606-7607, 7933, 8027-8029, 8033 are all in storage.

MCIs 74918764 are scrap.

Wow. I remember when those buses were entering service so many years ago.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

According to one comments posted on of my youtube video (in titled: Exculsive: Krapf's Coach 2016 MCI J4500 #5060 with Detroit Diesel DD13 Engine 4/21/16), and in both wikipedia and cptdb wiki (about nj transit's bus fleet), there were some sources reporting rumors (yet to be confirmed) that  NJ Transit 2017 (2018?) MCI D4500CT batch from the 2015 order 17185 (test bus), 18036 and beyond may feature Detroit Diesel DD13 engine. We'll have to wait if there's official video and/or audio recording of those buses equipped with that king of engine.

Currently, MCI only offers Cummins engine for its D Series Motorcoach (D4005 and D4505, D4000CT and D4500CT)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just read this MTA forum post from five years ago: https://www.nyctransitforums.com/topic/38563-nj-girl-stuck-when-nj-transit-bus-wheelchair-lift-breaks/

It seems like maintaining the wheelchair lifts on the coaches in working order would be costly, and so I was hoping that NJT looks into MCI's latest innovation for its next order:

http://future-of-commuting.com/

Compared to GO Transit which mainly has limited-stop routes, NJT could be a more viable customer for this model as its routes generally have more frequent stops.

5 hours ago, Transit geek said:

I have just read this MTA forum post from five years ago: https://www.nyctransitforums.com/topic/38563-nj-girl-stuck-when-nj-transit-bus-wheelchair-lift-breaks/

It seems like maintaining the wheelchair lifts on the coaches in working order would be costly, and so I was hoping that NJT looks into MCI's latest innovation for its next order:

http://future-of-commuting.com/

Compared to GO Transit which mainly has limited-stop routes, NJT could be a more viable customer for this model as its routes generally have more frequent stops.

Plus, Low Floors speeds up process especially for loading wheelchair passenger in the bus and securing them in designated spot. If ramp failed for any reason, I assume that ramp can be deployed by hand. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

7101-7118 have had their headlights replaced to match the rest of the newer D4500s. 

Also does anyone know where 9001-9053 ended up going? When they were brand new they ran out of the Howell NJ garage but I haven't seen any of those in years and can't imagine they are retired before all of the 2000-2003 buses. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On June 21, 2018 at 11:43 AM, MTA-(T)-Train said:

Academy is purchasing some of the NJ Transit MCIs that were painted in Academy livery. There's at least a 1931 running (the GO Transit units end at 1930)

I think some are being stripped of all the older Academy logos and being placed into service in Staten Island as well for their X23 and X24 routes to NYC. I know they took over Atlantic Express for those but some of the bus numbers just don't look the same. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2018 at 9:15 PM, Len90 said:

I think some are being stripped of all the older Academy logos and being placed into service in Staten Island as well for their X23 and X24 routes to NYC. I know they took over Atlantic Express for those but some of the bus numbers just don't look the same. 

From what I've heard, they are buying back their NJT-leased buses to replace the buses from GO Transit. Apparently the GO Transit buses are beat up, whereas the NJT-leased ones were well-maintained under Academy.