TTC Orion VII Movement List

9 hours ago, Shemar said:

#7975 has moved to Queensway.

Ahem: 

21 hours ago, BYD said:

So far, everything moved to Queensway with the exception of #7935 and #7975 remains at Arrow.

Therefore, the first bus mentioned above underlined is the sole #79xx left at Arrow.

2 hours ago, BYD said:

Ahem: 

Therefore, the first bus mentioned above underlined is the sole #79xx left at Arrow.

Therefore you guys have to be so special by quoting instead of the unit number, you say thus the first underlined unit remains at Arrow.

After being quoted again, what unit? If the quote isn't the above one, we'll all have to flip back a page or maybe 10 to find out what unit you're talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rami A. said:

If I remember correctly, both of those are still not rebuilt yet. I wonder what they are doing at Arrow.

It was my understanding that they are doing engine ISL replacements there in one of the body bays, similar to what malvern is doing with the hybrids.

There are more than a couple of complete crate engines from Cummins that have to go into something before the warranty clock runs down completely on them. We haven’t been rebuilding engines internally at Duncan like we used to. I’ve heard from credible sources that there’s basically only two builders left.

components are disposable nowadays. Cost/benefit analysts have determined buying remans straight from Cummins is cheaper in the long run, when the two year warranty is factored in, externalizing tow and repair expenses on what are now extremely complicated pieces of kit.

In a roundabout fashion, Duncan is quietly being privatized piecemeal by the respective manufacturers by making our facilities and workshops redundant using cheap, disposable parts...or remanufacturing them for significantly less than the TTC can. Simply the way the automotive industry is in general now. Not much can be done to stop it. It’s the new normal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kerr-Eastlake said:

Hasn’t moved from this spot at mt Dennis since Sunday night 

might want to make sure you’re posting accurate information before you go posting it

CF12015B-37F4-474D-B0AC-EDD8131B538A.jpeg

I'm thinking he said that because transsee is tracking it at Queensway.