Videos / Sound clips

BCT-3122-D800-10240

I found a leased unit, GTW 5945, in Pemberton on May 9th, 2013 leading a CN Track Evaluation consist, cars numbered 15007 and 15008 out of the siding on the Squamish Sub in Pemberton BC. Moments after I shot a video of this consist leaving the siding I discovered that this train was backing down the main track I decided to shoot another video and was fortunate enough to capture track evaluation car 15008 whistling the crossing.

I was the engineer on that train, here we are in the siding at Wright on the Lillooet Sub the following day waiting for a southbound freight.

268876_10151349892856191_1909745697_n_zps8ddfeef9.jpg

• 3 months later...

I was the engineer on that train, here we are in the siding at Wright on the Lillooet Sub the following day waiting for a southbound freight.

268876_10151349892856191_1909745697_n_zps8ddfeef9.jpg

wow what a beauty ex KCS SD40-3! They are wonderful to see. You are so lucky to be an engineer and drive her!

• 4 weeks later...

Cool video. Never knew that's how they "shunted" grain box's at the elevators.

Some elevators would have a winch to pull the cars, others would do it by hand (in video), and still others probably got tractors to push or pull cars around (they make due with whatever in the country ;) ). I recall reading somewhere that some elevators had the track on a slight grade or dip to make it easier to for cars to roll by themselves, and to keep them from rolling away onto the mainline.

An earlier film on getting grain from the fields to the ports for export:

http://www.nfb.ca/film/grain_handling_in_canada/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

According to a good friend who used to work for CN and met the guy interviewed, that interview was heavily "toned down". There were a lot of select works not fit for most people, as well as a number of flubbed info too (it was a lil more than 1/2 mile back, and maybe "just a tad" over track speed)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
: Caltrains galore, along with a few Amtrak services and Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) services. VTA Light Rail also gets a feature.

This station is set for major change in the coming years with Caltrain's planned Electrification scheme and the planned California High Speed Rail services from Los Angeles. Therefore this video was primarily recorded for posterity.

: Sounder Commuter North and South lines, various BNSF freights and Amtrak Cascades, Amtrak Empire Builder services included.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...